BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Grant Hanley

He did look a bit awkward and accident prone initially but I love seeing us produce our own kids so kept my reservations to myself. He seems to have steadily improved and looks like he enjoys defending. He comes across as being a bit raw but there was a deftness of touch in the way he robbed frazier Campbell in the box as he was about to pull the trigger. He may not be able to play centre mid or carry the ball out of defence on buccaneering runs like Jones but he's a competent nuts and bolts centre back who I reckon will improve with experience.

I can understand some perhaps not being convinced yet but cant understand him being written off as a 'lump'.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure his first game was Villa away, I was there and he had a very good game in a last day of the season win for us.

It was Villa away.

Absolutely no doubt the lad is improving, pretty quickly as well.

Reminds me of the 'old fashioned' type of centre half and I think he's going to be a really good player for Rovers for many years to come.

20 years old, Scottish international.

My nan could get in the Scotland team to be fair. Being an "international" is only worth pointing out if the country you come from is half decent, after all Jason Roberts was an international striker for Grenada.

But I like Hanley and he's been top drawer in the last few games. Hopefully he can keep it up.

It was Villa away.

Absolutely no doubt the lad is improving, pretty quickly as well.

Reminds me of the 'old fashioned' type of centre half and I think he's going to be a really good player for Rovers for many years to come.

He is improving game by game. Think it helps him when he has a regular partner and we are not keep changing our back four!!!

Him and Dann make a good partnership for me!

He is improving game by game. Think it helps him when he has a regular partner and we are not keep changing our back four!!!

Him and Dann make a good partnership for me!

I dont know I think Hanley is having to do a lot of covering for Dann through his slowness to react. I think him and givet would be the storngest pairing despite the clean sheets (which I still think they both did well enough) But Scott Dann has a lot to prove before I can be confident in his abilty and seeing him on the pitch.

I dont know I think Hanley is having to do a lot of covering for Dann through his slowness to react. I think him and givet would be the storngest pairing despite the clean sheets (which I still think they both did well enough) But Scott Dann has a lot to prove before I can be confident in his abilty and seeing him on the pitch.

Hanley's done well so far this season considering how he fared last year at times. But Givet has been by far our best defender across this season and finally people seem to realise he's not a full back. I too wish Kean would partner him and Hanley as I feel that Hanley would learn from playing with Givet given his experience is far in excess of Dann's. I can see why Kean will keep them 2 clean sheets in a row must have the Christmas decorations out early at casa del Keano. But for me Givet & Hanley should be first choice.

Hanley's done well so far this season considering how he fared last year at times. But Givet has been by far our best defender across this season and finally people seem to realise he's not a full back. I too wish Kean would partner him and Hanley as I feel that Hanley would learn from playing with Givet given his experience is far in excess of Dann's. I can see why Kean will keep them 2 clean sheets in a row must have the Christmas decorations out early at casa del Keano. But for me Givet & Hanley should be first choice.

I agree even the last 2 games Dann has made big mistakes that have put us under preassure thats not needed or he gets caught out os posission and Hanley is having to cover for him. Which a 20 year old making his way into the games should not be expected to do, I think Hanley being partnerd with Givet would be so beneficial for himself and the team, but probably not for Dann or Kean.

In a team short of Leaders we need our number 5.

I'm starting to like Dann. He does look like the "complete defender" type to me. Hanley is very no-frills but is excellent for his age. Together that should be a good partnership once they start to gel properly.

Megaman_Derp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

“I hope Fergie’s not going to be putting a bid in. I said that to him.

“I told him leave it a bit longer because Grant is only just starting with us.”

God... He sounds like the dweebiest kid in the playground.

Also, another article for Pune's benefit?

“I hope Fergie’s not going to be putting a bid in. I said that to him.

“I told him leave it a bit longer because Grant is only just starting with us.”

God... He sounds like the dweebiest kid in the playground.

Also, another article for Pune's benefit?

Cheers Steve, always looking out for us.

What a fabulous advance this lad has made this season.

Sadly, if you believe that Mrs D has instructed Zahavi to sell as many players as he can for as much as he can get for them this summer, Steve Kean's comments creatively wrapped around by Phil McNulty's reporting of them have been the perfect kick start for the bidding for Grant Hanley.

What a fabulous advance this lad has made this season.

Sadly, if you believe that Mrs D has instructed Zahavi to sell as many players as he can for as much as he can get for them this summer, Steve Kean's comments creatively wrapped around by Phil McNulty's reporting of them have been the perfect kick start for the bidding for Grant Hanley.

Is this one of your ever optimistic theories?

If someone with the limited techincal ability that Hanley has can get mentioned as potentially going to utd it must surely be bolllocks....fergie would never buy someone like him....not good enough. This is Kean trying to knock him out to someone like newcastle for 10 million.....fair play if he does cos I just see a very average defender with many flaws to his game.

Well now you've said it I don't believe it at all.

If someone with the limited techincal ability that Hanley has can get mentioned as potentially going to utd it must surely be bolllocks....fergie would never buy someone like him....not good enough. This is Kean trying to knock him out to someone like newcastle for 10 million.....fair play if he does cos I just see a very average defender with many flaws to his game.

The guy only turned 20yr old in November and has made less than 30 appearances for Rovers!

Given the improvement he has shown since Xmas and the potential he has shown overall,I think it`s a bit harsh to call him average. :unsure:

Archived