BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ch 4 Program Despatches and Rovers

I've been told today that in the next month or so the Venkys Ownership is going to be the focus of Dispatches on channel 4.

I've had a quick look on here but couldn't see any mention of it, is it old news or has nobody else heard about this?

Apparently going to be linked to money laundering in some way.

Working in Higher Walton a few weeks ago - I got talking to an investigative journalist (freelance who worked mainly for Granada) - when I half jokingly told him there was a story at BRFC - he assured me that within a few weeks something would break!

I thought - Oh yea sure!!

Maybe this is what he was talking about - he did seem very sure of his facts!

Sorry for just adding hear-say - but I, like many others have posted on this site, cant make head nor tails of what has become of our once well run club and feel there must be some sinister goings on behind the scenes

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for just adding hear-say - but I, like many others have posted on this site, cant make head nor tails of what has become of our once well run club and feel there must be some sinister goings on behind the scenes

Hard to think otherwise.

Just too many illogical, bizarre and idiotic decisions for them all to be put down to naiveté.

Disclaimer this post is entirely supposition.

If there is a Dispatches programme surely it will only find the maladministration of a football club? No one would be daft enough to do anything illegal in such a public manner as has been the Venkys circus?

If there is a Dispatches programme surely it will only find the maladministration of a football club? No one would be daft enough to do anything illegal in such a public manner as has been the Venkys circus?

Ah, but aren't we dealing with people who bought a football club allegedly without knowing about the pesky relegation issues at the end of a season?

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Daft enough to:

Sack an experienced manager and replace him with...

Sack an experience board and replace them with...

Remove the experienced players and replace them with..

Sell our most promising youngster since Duff and replace him with...

And so on.

The list is endless. I would put my last £1 on something being sinister. Maybe that is because of the desperation I feel as a Rovers fan. Desperate to get rid of the clueless chicken wranglers.

Wow, you've got an acute!

so has everyone number lock on hold down alt and type in 130 on the number pad. We languages teachers cary the codes ofr a large number of other accents in our head 133 is à 129 is ü etc!!! Fascinates the kids at school

Exactly. Apparently two 'high level' journos (according to Kamy some weeks back) tried to uncover a story and both drew blanks. Ther is no doubt they have f*cked up Rovers, but have done it through negligence rather than anything illegal.

The Dispatches programme will be a waste of time.

Daft enough to:

Sack an experienced manager and replace him with...

Sack an experience board and replace them with...

Remove the experienced players and replace them with..

Sell our most promising youngster since Duff and replace him with...

And so on.

The list is endless. I would put my last £1 on something being sinister. Maybe that is because of the desperation I feel as a Rovers fan. Desperate to get rid of the clueless chicken wranglers.

I know everyone will be able to add to the list, but the one that sticks in my mind as one of the most bizsrre was giving Kean an improved contract when we sunk a couple of places to bottom a couple of months ago.

Exactly. Apparently two 'high level' journos (according to Kamy some weeks back) tried to uncover a story and both drew blanks. Ther is no doubt they have f*cked up Rovers, but have done it through negligence rather than anything illegal.

The Dispatches programme will be a waste of time.

Just dont buy that Roost, far too naive and far too early to conclude.

so has everyone number lock on hold down alt and type in 130 on the number pad. We languages teachers cary the codes ofr a large number of other accents in our head 133 is à 129 is ü etc!!! Fascinates the kids at school

[/quote

What about on a laptop.

Just dont buy that Roost, far too naive and far too early to conclude.

I dont even think there will be a dispatches program. I remember recently that our friend Adrian Goldberg (who helped see off Ali Syed) was rumoured to be investigating but that came to nothing.

I dont even think there will be a dispatches program. I remember recently that our friend Adrian Goldberg (who helped see off Ali Syed) was rumoured to be investigating but that came to nothing.

The way things have gone so far my suspicions are that these guys will not be found out so easily and that conspiracy theory that came out on the guns and roses website suggested that the paper trail would take years to unravel rather than months if there is one to be found.

How close to the truth was that conspiracy theory on the guns and roses site about Kean laundering money to buy into the club along with his agent and the Indians, and now we here that Venkys are stopping the Indian national team from coming to Blackburn due to the club having management problems.

Whats all this about are the two linked ?

hell fire, i do hope that is true....and father time has caught up with him and them, and that their collars are gonna felt....COME ON!!!!

The way things have gone so far my suspicions are that these guys will not be found out so easily and that conspiracy theory that came out on the guns and roses website suggested that the paper trail would take years to unravel rather than months if there is one to be found.

Yeah, i'm waiting for the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus to bring me the evidence of misdoing mentioned on the GnR site. More chance of the band reuniting and starting a gig before midnight.

Hate to say it, but legally they have not done anything wrong. It could be argued, it is their club / business and can run it as they want to do so. None communication with supporters, although strange, is not a crime. Not spending money in the transfer window etc, also not a crime.

Kean involvement before takeover - nobody has produced any evidence to support that allegation.

Archived