BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

• Backroom

I was thinking about how rubbish Petrovic have been lately and thought it was down to him playing alongside Nzonzi and vice versa. They really didnt seem to have a good partnership on Saturday. However I found out that it was Nzonzi and Petro in the middle in the 3-2 match against United. In our fine win against Fulham it was Peds and Nzonz in the middle 2.

Important to notice. In these two fine wins SCOTT DANN DID NOT PLAY!

My team for sat:

Orr - Hanley - Givet - Olsson

Lowe - Nzonzi

Hoilett - Dunn - Peds

Yak

No goalie ??? WOW! you ARE confident Alexanders :P

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe's energy could be huge for us. We really missed someone doing the running against Villa.

Especially in the first half. For all his lackings, Pedersens running isnt one of them. He normally covers more distance than everyone else.

My team for sat:

Orr - Hanley - Givet - Olsson

Lowe - Nzonzi

Hoilett - Dunn - Peds

Yak

Agreed - that team picks itself.

Unfortunately Kean will continue with Dann, even though Hanley/Givet were the two CBs on our run of results pre-Everton game (when Dann came back).

Bit before my time but was Derek dougan the player, as I’ve been told, who on morning of our 1960 fa cup final with wolves put in a transfer request to join wolves then played injured just so he could get his fa cup final experience even though wanted to play for oppo? So effectively played with 10 men until someone broke his leg so effectively played with 9 men (presumably days before subs). Never known the older members of the family to hate many ex players but he certainly isn’t liked amongst them for that.

Dave Whelan of wigan broke his leg playing for the rovers in the cup final, I think it ended his career. Derek Dougan did put a transfer request in

before kick off which didnt endear him to the fans.

Can't imagine he'll be playing then, it sounds like he'd be a liability if he was selected to play.

Wolves are in all sorts of trouble, if we can't get a win against this car-crash of a team then there is no hope.

How much of a influence is Karl Henry?

Yakubu is going to get a goal now I hope.

Pretty awful technically but brings some balance, probably in the same way the Axe did when he played. Biggest problem is that they don't have anyone else who can play that role. It's likely that Milijas will play instead who is much more of a threat if he turns up, but can't defend to save his life.

Pretty awful technically but brings some balance, probably in the same way the Axe did when he played. Biggest problem is that they don't have anyone else who can play that role. It's likely that Milijas will play instead who is much more of a threat if he turns up, but can't defend to save his life.

so we will get goals then and Hoilett/dunn will have a great game in the middle of the park.

Lowe in midfield?

Are you all mad?

To be fair, he had a really good game against QPR...perhaps most importantly, he allowed N'Zonzi to put in a MOM by giving him more freedom.

I hadn't been impressed by his midfield performances up until that point. I think the stint at full back has improved his game a lot.

Archived