SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still remember Nicko on that podcast when he came out with stuff like:

"You nee to give the manager £10m to spend and you'd be okay."

I wouldn't trust Kean with 10 rupees, let alone £10m.

Make of this what you will. But was talking to, two wolves supporters I have known for 2 years in Hastings. Who I know travel home and away to every match. They told me they have heard to expect trouble of some sort at this match. Wolves supporters are like rovers supporters at the moment. Not happy with the manager or the owners. I asked what sort of trouble, protest against the owner etc. they were not sure.

Maybe nothing. But worth being aware of.

Never mind him, how can the greatest player ever to grace both shirts have been forgotten??? I refer of course to the incomparable Waggy.

Great point EiT but I think the 30 years sort of rules Waggy out. Showing our age a bit huh?

Everytime I resign myself to relegation a chink of light appears in the shape of how bad other teams are. Wolves were terrible today. On the back of that, I'm gonna predict a 2-1 win to Rovers with home fans playing as our 12th man.

My team would be -

Robbo

Lowe Hanley Givet Olsson

Junior Nzonzi Peds Olsson

Dunn

Yak

But will the idiot Kean pick Petrovic again, if he does he clearly is on a pish take

The defining game of our season.

WIN at all costs and we have a good advantage over Wolves. A 3 point gap and a further added bonus of goal difference that will probably be worth another point.

Lose and we are down because Wolves will have the impetus.

I think Rovers have to go for it because wolves wont lie down like they did today.

0-1 Rovers

A clean sheet? You been drinking heavy 1864?

You might be tempted but Kean sure won't. Vukcevic has an app-based clause keeping him from the pitch. Kean obviously thinks having him on the bench will throw the conspiracists off.

Really? you know this for a fact cos it seems to me he's only played a couple of times so was his appearance clause something like half a dozen games and get a bonus. Doesn't make sense, but neither does not playing him at all so what is it?

Make of this what you will. But was talking to, two wolves supporters I have known for 2 years in Hastings. Who I know travel home and away to every match. They told me they have heard to expect trouble of some sort at this match. Wolves supporters are like rovers supporters at the moment. Not happy with the manager or the owners. I asked what sort of trouble, protest against the owner etc. they were not sure.

So you travelling up to the match then PAF? I know its a bloody long haul to ewood but maybe Wolves aint too bad with your mates? Trouble is not good in any situation but I'm sure it will only come about if we win! Easy to support a losing team you know! Have you got a crystal ball?

As bad has Wolves fans think they have it look at our problems.

A manager (i know what your thinking)who should"nt be anywhere near a premier league team,supported by a agent who if the year was 1940 would be selling nylons and ciggies from a batered suitcase,a cockney spiv at best.

Owners who are pillaging the club for all they can,and never show there face at Ewood Park.

You could write a list as long as your arm of our problems,Wolves are nowhere near that stage tell them lads this.

Everytime I resign myself to relegation a chink of light appears in the shape of how bad other teams are. Wolves were terrible today. On the back of that, I'm gonna predict a 2-1 win to Rovers with home fans playing as our 12th man.

My team would be -

Robbo

Lowe Hanley Givet Olsson

Junior Nzonzi Peds Olsson

Dunn

Yak

It seems you preempted Orr's absence quite nicely!

I'm not too keen on Marcus starting games yet, but I don't see what other option we have if Simon's contractual problems are true.

Marcus probably gives us more defensive protection anyway, which will be important with Peds playing midfield instead of Lowe.

Morgan has made a right hash of a pretty strong position.

Solid finances, ground re-development, another year in the PL.

What they should have done is got shut of McCarthy last year and moved onwards and upwards, instead they've ended up with Terry 'dust ourselves down' Connor, Venky-esque capers down there.

• Backroom

Really? you know this for a fact cos it seems to me he's only played a couple of times so was his appearance clause something like half a dozen games and get a bonus. Doesn't make sense, but neither does not playing him at all so what is it?

Has Vukcevic played since Venky's withdrew all financial support mid-December? I remember him scoring against Sunderland... has he played after that?

Actually, the understanding is that his appearance fee alone is too high. No clause.

Anyone else worried that this is all set up for another Rovers anti-climax. They are in as much dis-array as we are, injuries to key players - and a lot of pundits have us down for the away win. All set up for another Rovers let down - oh how I hope I am wrong.

That first half performance last week should give nobody cause for optimism, play like that and we lose. If I see Petrovic’s name on the team sheet I’m talking Wolves as a home banker!

I cannot understand this optimism , we were bloody awful 1st half last Saturday , ok we played better 2nd half .Robbo was the Man of the Match , like Gav says 'play like that again we lose '.

Wolves just got hammered at Fulham , so would expect some reaction good or bad ? couple that with Connors 1st home game in charge and the crowd being up for it ..

To my mind we have the worse squad of players in the league thanks to Kean, I will settle for a point now !! Cos I fear a defeat and an Etihad like performance ..Hope I am wrong

• Backroom

Anyone else worried that this is all set up for another Rovers anti-climax. They are in as much dis-array as we are, injuries to key players - and a lot of pundits have us down for the away win. All set up for another Rovers let down - oh how I hope I am wrong.

I fully expect us to lose.

Saying that, I expect us to lose every game Kean is in charge.

As bad has Wolves fans think they have it look at our problems.

A manager (i know what your thinking)who should"nt be anywhere near a premier league team,supported by a agent who if the year was 1940 would be selling nylons and ciggies from a batered suitcase,a cockney spiv at best.

Owners who are pillaging the club for all they can,and never show there face at Ewood Park.

You could write a list as long as your arm of our problems,Wolves are nowhere near that stage tell them lads this.

They went through something similar in the early 80's and ended up in 4th div as it was then. :o

• Moderation Lead

A live 3pm game in Blues?

Have the Rao's replaced the established Sky with a a cheap foreign version?

Fancy the Rao's cutting costs....

Archived