Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

---------------Robbo---------------------

Orr-------Dann---------Givet--------Olsson

---------------Nzonzi---------------------

Vuksevic --Gamst--------Dunn---------Hoillett

---------------YAKUBU-------------------

Subs:Bunn,Henley, Hanley, Lowe, Formica, Rochina, Goodwillie

I'd be tempted to start with Simon and replace on 70 with Rochina, Wolves have allot of players out so abit of finese could finish them, i also note that Keano was at the Wolves game this weekend.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit before my time but was Derek dougan the player, as I’ve been told, who on morning of our 1960 fa cup final with wolves put in a transfer request to join wolves then played injured just so he could get his fa cup final experience even though wanted to play for oppo? So effectively played with 10 men until someone broke his leg so effectively played with 9 men (presumably days before subs). Never known the older members of the family to hate many ex players but he certainly isn’t liked amongst them for that.

I'd be tempted to start with Simon and replace on 70 with Rochina

You might be tempted but Kean sure won't. Vukcevic has an app-based clause keeping him from the pitch. Kean obviously thinks having him on the bench will throw the conspiracists off.

• Backroom

You might be tempted but Kean sure won't. Vukcevic has an app-based clause keeping him from the pitch. Kean obviously thinks having him on the bench will throw the conspiracists off.

You never know... the weekly budget report might allow him to play.

Bit before my time but was Derek dougan the player, as I’ve been told, who on morning of our 1960 fa cup final with wolves put in a transfer request to join wolves then played injured just so he could get his fa cup final experience even though wanted to play for oppo? So effectively played with 10 men until someone broke his leg so effectively played with 9 men (presumably days before subs). Never known the older members of the family to hate many ex players but he certainly isn’t liked amongst them for that.

Yes matt, he was the one who asked for a transfer on the eve of the 1960 Cup Final.

But he didn't go to Wolves directly from us; he went to Villa 12 months after that Cup Final, then played for Leicester whom he left to join Wolves in 1967. He ended his league career with them in 1975 and was the public face of a deal which saw Wolves, who were on the brink of going out of business in 1981, being sold to what their official website still refers to as “the infamous Bhatti brothers”.

As it happens, we visited Molyneux for the first match of the following season and I remember wanting to throw up as Dougan walked round the pitch before the kick-off, milking the applause of the crowd – you’d have thought he was the Messiah; when really, he was a very naughty boy.

Btw, the "someone" who had his leg broken is Dave Whelan, the present Wigan chairman. And you're right, it was 5 or 6 years before subs were allowed so we were at a disadvantage for the last few minutes of the first half and the rest of the game.

Not saying your wrong but is this a fact about the app-based bonus or could the player not just have a bad attitude like he did with his previous club? Could also be that he is not that good?

Im down in London this weekend on my mates stag do so I cannot attend this game. However, I was wondering if any of our southern rovers fans can point me in the right direction to a pub to catch the match in?

The Corrib Rest in Queens park usually has 3 or 4 games on.

Yes matt, he was the one who asked for a transfer on the eve of the 1960 Cup Final.

But he didn't go to Wolves directly from us; he went to Villa 12 months after that Cup Final, then played for Leicester whom he left to join Wolves in 1967. He ended his league career with them in 1975 and was the public face of a deal which saw Wolves, who were on the brink of going out of business in 1981, being sold to what their official website still refers to as the infamous Bhatti brothers.

As it happens, we visited Molyneux for the first match of the following season and I remember wanting to throw up as Dougan walked round the pitch before the kick-off, milking the applause of the crowd youd have thought he was the Messiah; when really, he was a very naughty boy.

Btw, the "someone" who had his leg broken is Dave Whelan, the present Wigan chairman. And you're right, it was 5 or 6 years before subs were allowed so we were at a disadvantage for the last few minutes of the first half and the rest of the game.

He also had a spell at Peterborough after Villa and before Leicester. I think it dawned on him that unless he got his act together his career wouldn't last very long so he started to apply himself instead of showboating around.

Im down in London this weekend on my mates stag do so I cannot attend this game. However, I was wondering if any of our southern rovers fans can point me in the right direction to a pub to catch the match in?

The Yukatan in Dalston Kingsland has half a dozen games on - I will give them a bell and see if they are showing it.

The sports cafe in London isnt showing it.

Managed to get tickets for this yesterday, despite being told on saturday on the screen that they had sold out.

Cant wait...

Notice they have put us in the upper tier of the new stand too....perhaps they want away fans hidden away for the crucial games like Rovers did before?

Managed to get tickets for this yesterday, despite being told on saturday on the screen that they had sold out.

Cant wait...

Notice they have put us in the upper tier of the new stand too....perhaps they want away fans hidden away for the crucial games like Rovers did before?

I dont think the upper tier has been completed yet. Away fans have been in the opposite end most of the season so I doubt that'll change.

I was thinking about how rubbish Petrovic have been lately and thought it was down to him playing alongside Nzonzi and vice versa. They really didnt seem to have a good partnership on Saturday. However I found out that it was Nzonzi and Petro in the middle in the 3-2 match against United. In our fine win against Fulham it was Peds and Nzonz in the middle 2.

Important to notice. In these two fine wins SCOTT DANN DID NOT PLAY!

My team for sat:

Orr - Hanley - Givet - Olsson

Lowe - Nzonzi

Hoilett - Dunn - Peds

Yak

Archived