BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

Last time I remember Rovers beaming back games was the last time we got relegated when we'd just got the big screen :(

I remember sitting in the JW stand watching Southampton vs Rovers when Pahars equalised to make it 3-3.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just amazing that another club could make the same mistake we made in appointing a novice coach to be manager of the club. This match could easily end up 5-4, 4-5 or something similar. I think most pundits will hail this match as a 'reason why the Premier League is the best in Europe' bla bla bla. In reality to me it demonstrates the two clubs who are wondering aimlessly in the wilderness, lost and bewildered. For me relegation will comes down to 3 of 2 clubs in a state of madness (us and Wolves) and 2 in denial believeing in a non existant project (Wigan and Bolton). Sadly i fear we actually have a touch of both.

I urge everyone of you tommorrow whoever is going to the game to chant Vucevic's name after the merry dance he led England's defenders he deserves a chance make it impossible for coco so that he has to bring him on his exclusion is certainly baffling as I believe he can play anywhere across the midfield and must surely be a better option than Petrovic I would also say the lineup mentioned will definitely not be used as according to coco his very words were Scott Dann is a fantastically experienced player when talking about bringing the experienced Zenden his very words were we have lost a lot of experience in Nelsen,Samba etc but we have other experienced players and he used Scott Dann in the list I agree that team is the one that should be used but knowing coco he will probably select Dann makes you wonder what drugs he was on when shelling out 7M for him! :rolleyes:

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Wolves beat Blackburn for the first time in 11 years on the opening day of this season. Saturday's hosts are vying to complete their first league double over Rovers since 1959-60.

Blackburn are unbeaten in their three previous Premier League visits to Molineux and have only lost one of the last nine meetings at the ground (W4, D4, L1).

Wolves

Wolves have only won one of their previous 13 top-flight games (at QPR), earning just eight points in that time.

They failed to win any of their last six league fixtures at Molineux, suffering five defeats and a draw.

The Black Country side kept two clean sheets in their opening three league games but have conceded in each of their subsequent 24 matches. This is their longest ever top-flight streak without a clean sheet.

Wanderers have recouped 14 points from losing positions this season, the second-best record in the division behind Arsenal.

Steven Fletcher has scored more headed goals (six) than any other player in the Premier League this season.

Blackburn

Rovers are the only team in the top four divisions in England not to have kept a clean sheet this season. They have now gone 30 league games without one (since beating Bolton 1-0 at home on 30 April) and are just four short of West Brom's Premier League record. (in one season, thank you BBC for distorting the facts)

Blackburn have conceded the most goals (60) in the top flight this season.

They have won one of their last six matches (W1, D2, L3).

Only the top six have scored more than Blackburn's 38 goals.

Steve Kean's side have let slip 14 points from winning positions - only QPR (15) have fared worse.

Its just amazing that another club could make the same mistake we made in appointing a novice coach to be manager of the club. This match could easily end up 5-4, 4-5 or something similar. I think most pundits will hail this match as a 'reason why the Premier League is the best in Europe' bla bla bla. In reality to me it demonstrates the two clubs who are wondering aimlessly in the wilderness, lost and bewildered. For me relegation will comes down to 3 of 2 clubs in a state of madness (us and Wolves) and 2 in denial believeing in a non existant project (Wigan and Bolton). Sadly i fear we actually have a touch of both.

You heard Coyle then I take it?

'Games like today [QPR] is why the Barclays Premier League is the best league in the world'.

You heard Coyle then I take it?

'Games like today [QPR] is why the Barclays Premier League is the best league in the world'.

I heard that and cast my mind back to Thursday when the fifth (or sixth) placed team in La Liga played the PL's best team off the park. In the next couple of weeks there could conceivably be no PL teams in Europe.

You could replace the bottom ten in the PL with the top 10 in the Championship and nobody would notice.

They should change their tune and call it the most expensive league in the world.

It really annoys me when nobodies like Coyle talk it up. Hopefully this will be his last season in it.

Full of confidence that we will both win today (3-1) and beat the drop !

Confidence certainly not down to Coco but is intuitive based on factors affecting the bottom five.

I have a bad bad feeling about today

I still think a draw would be a good result keeping them below us

A win would be great, a draw would be a poor but possibly acceptable second option, a defeat would be near disastrous.

Full of confidence that we will both win today (3-1) and beat the drop !

Confidence certainly not down to Coco but is intuitive based on factors affecting the bottom five.

All things considered this game has a draw written all over it, but I see our inability to keep clean sheets, coupled with our poor away from as key and think they will have enough to nick it by the odd goal.

I posted a team earlier in the week containing Hoillet. The more I think about this, the more I begin to feel he isn't worth a place in the starting 11. Perhaps we would be better playing Orr right mid (I don't trust him at right back) and Lowe right back.

We need players who will give 100% to make up for the lack of ability and Hoillet isn't ticking either of those boxes on current form.

Archived