BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man United Preview and Match Thread

Ozz

Having watched the game on TV I thought we actually did OK containing them - how many clear-cut chances did they have? I think we had more shots on target than when we won 3-2 at Old Trafford. We just lacked a bit of luck in that respect. Gave Valencia too much time on the wing, the commentator actually commented that Scholes had worn a groove in the pitch passing to him so often.

However, any credit due to Kean for this is taken away by the lack of subs. It was obvious we needed fresh legs in midfield and up front in the last 20 minutes. Formica and Dunn would have helped with ball possession and tracking down. Criminal not to do this, especially when Utd put three subs on at 0-0. However, in reality only a point lost and we should save our luck for WBA and Liverpool.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Cryer on twitter saying that he hopes FA don't look at N'Zonzi raising his hands to Jones, it would be 4 match ban.

Venkys will be rubbing their hands. They can fine him and save 2 weeks wages.

Thought we played well last night but Utd's extra quality came through in the end. The tactics were spot on - soak up the pressure and hit them on the break. The real concern for me was the amount of energy zapped from the game considering we have a crucial game on saturday against West Brom. The team needs freshening up but we don't have good enough back up players to change things.

West Brom is a huge huge game. Win that and I'd be confident of staying up. Lose and we are nearly doomed. Draw would be ok. I think we'll win this one.

Really? You think your fellow fans are morons because they react to being abused in the home end by away fans? Have a word with yourself.

I suppose you also think that the clubs priorities are right then in only worrying about security and keeping the peace by targeting the home fans, eh?

Maybe the seat thrown on the pitch by the scum fans should have been handed back to the offender with an apology for shoddy workmanship?

If groups stand in the away end at OT, they are frogmarched out one-by-one until they get the message. It took a scum supporter running on the pitch before any action was taken.

This club now welcomes away fans more than home fans. Probably because they pay more. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

2 wrongs don't make a right. You know full well jisty that this is mob behaviour from people who wouldn't say a thing if they were on their own. Those little lads on both sides would have learned more respect and better manners on the cinder track around the Riverside I can tell you. Opposing fans riling our supporters is nothing new cos our club sold em the tickets.

John Newsham and co... you should be disgraced tonight! Allowing United fans in boxes in the Jack Walker to goad fans and incite trouble and they are allowed to get away with it! But yet when Rovers fans enter the Darwen End they need to be searched in case they have banners that 'may' incite trouble. Get your priorities sorted. Rovers aren't about anything other than the $$$ any more! Sold ourselves to the devil and we shall not be returning for a while yet.

Same old story.

Rovers are desperate for the corporate cash over and above home fans hard earned dosh. S**t on your own fans Rovers again, again and again.

Rovers have always sold the boxes to United fans, to be honest it doesn't bother me.

I know many Blues who have been in boxes at Old Trafford, the Reebox etc, bet most of you do.

Though they should be told to get away from the windows if they start goading.

I personally don't really know who or what to blame beyond the owners anymore. The tactics were correct but you would always be confident they would get one at some point and we would have no clue. The simple fact is our squad is about as bad as its ever been in the premiership years. The lack of subs would make the murmurings about weekly budgets look plausible but out of all the players available I cant really pick a solid premiership team if I'm being brutally honest.

Reading through the past pages people have spoken about who should be dropped but the alternatives are equally as poor. In the cold light of day we had 3 players in midfield in Ollsson, Pedersen and Lowe who look like rabbits in the headlights with the ball at feet you'll get hard workout of them but questionable footballing ability. On recent showing the likely hood of Kean making 3 changes appear to be slim to none so we can only expect more of the same. N'Zonzi is starting to worry me now, his petulance is starting to show through whether it be justifiable or not I can see him getting himself sent off or if the FA review him heat not even get that chance.

Burning the players into the ground last night may have killed our chances in the up coming 2 games with possible points on offer. The lack of changes you can see being made for the 3 games in 8 days may finish us.

WHO SAID THIS:

"there were plenty of positives to take from the game.

We deserved a point.

We need to stretch 80 minutes to 90 minutes".

Answers on a post card to The Looney Bin, c/o Ewood Park.

I actually think there were positive and we deserved a point.

Probably why I was so devestated last night.

It appears to have escaped quite a few people's attention that Mr Goodwillie wasn't on the bench last night, something to do with waiting to be sentenced.

Fraud is it? For impersonating a Premier league centre forward? I wonder how much money has changed hands that do not belong to either BRFc or Dundee over that deal? <_<

Having watched the vid below I've got to say that for long enough Goodwillie showed remarkeable restraint and appeared to be acting as peacemaker for long enough. However there is only so much one can take and when the pin came out he gave it Friel big time. Quality finish if I might use footballing parlance. Totally deserved too cos that Friel sparked Swanson in a very cowardly fashion. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/04/03/scotland-star-david-goodwillie-admits-4am-assault-in-glasgow-city-centre-dramatic-cctv-images-here-86908-23811126/

MYTHBUSTER - MGP covers the winger and helps the full back.

No he doesn't. He's too slow that Evra and whoever else was on that wing danced round him every time - very similar to Odemwingie walking past him this season to score. That's why Orr ended up giving him a bollocking after only about 15 minutes. Didn't do much good as it continued all half.

If MGP couldn't throw the ball a long way he wouldn't be in the side - which sums it all up really.

(edit - obviously whether he would actually be in the side depends on the terms of his contract re bonuses etc... and how vociforous he is in the dressing room).

Ryan Giggs has played a number of positions for MU but he's only been selected on the right wing very rarely and every time I saw him he was awful.

Really? You think your fellow fans are morons because they react to being abused in the home end by away fans? Have a word with yourself.

I suppose you also think that the clubs priorities are right then in only worrying about security and keeping the peace by targeting the home fans, eh?

Maybe the seat thrown on the pitch by the scum fans should have been handed back to the offender with an apology for shoddy workmanship?

If groups stand in the away end at OT, they are frogmarched out one-by-one until they get the message. It took a scum supporter running on the pitch before any action was taken.

This club now welcomes away fans more than home fans. Probably because they pay more. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Anyone who lets a pre-pubescent Manc bother them that much that they are involving Stewards, banging on the glass, shouting abuse and god knows what else, is a moron Stuart. There was about 8-10 people who didn't even watch the game after their first goal, they were too busy trading insults and singing ridiculous songs to a set of pricks in a box.

I couldn't care less about what they are doing, I'm concentrating on the game!

John Newsham and co... you should be disgraced tonight! Allowing United fans in boxes in the Jack Walker to goad fans and incite trouble and they are allowed to get away with it!

Get over it. In the unlikely event that we are still playing MU next season they'll probably be given 3 sides of the ground to fill.

I personally don't really know who or what to blame beyond the owners anymore. The tactics were correct but you would always be confident they would get one at some point and we would have no clue. The simple fact is our squad is about as bad as its ever been in the premiership years. The lack of subs would make the murmurings about weekly budgets look plausible but out of all the players available I cant really pick a solid premiership team if I'm being brutally honest.

Reading through the past pages people have spoken about who should be dropped but the alternatives are equally as poor. In the cold light of day we had 3 players in midfield in Ollsson, Pedersen and Lowe who look like rabbits in the headlights with the ball at feet you'll get hard workout of them but questionable footballing ability. On recent showing the likely hood of Kean making 3 changes appear to be slim to none so we can only expect more of the same. N'Zonzi is starting to worry me now, his petulance is starting to show through whether it be justifiable or not I can see him getting himself sent off or if the FA review him heat not even get that chance.

Burning the players into the ground last night may have killed our chances in the up coming 2 games with possible points on offer. The lack of changes you can see being made for the 3 games in 8 days may finish us.

I agree with a lot of this. There are positive to take from that game and previous games but if you haven't got the quality then, unfortunately, you are not going to win many games. I'm not sure I entirely agree with the theory about substitutions. A lot of the players on our bench are simply not good enough. We saw earlier in the season when we did make quite a few subs in games that our performance decreased dramatically.

I fear fatigue as well over the next two games. In saying that, West Brom are pretty poor, especially at home so fancy our chances.

Dont take your chances and you get punished....thats the life of the premier league.

Tactics were correct and we could have nicked it, but once it went 1-0 with the power shot from Valencia it was game over...

Lack of subs very frustrating too, but no doubt had he done that and United scored the second or even more, he would have got the blame for it anyway.

Hopefully freshen the team up for Saturday. Bring back in Givet, Dunn & Formica - and possibly even drop Yak for half a game as he looks jaded.

Anyone who lets a pre-pubescent Manc bother them that much that they are involving Stewards, banging on the glass, shouting abuse and god knows what else, is a moron Stuart. There was about 8-10 people who didn't even watch the game after their first goal, they were too busy trading insults and singing ridiculous songs to a set of pricks in a box.

I couldn't care less about what they are doing, I'm concentrating on the game!

You need to chill. This is all part of the 'stimulating' matchday experience on the Blackburn End. A part that has been denied them with all but a visit from a big club. If you want to view and analyse the match properly leave the goons and sit on either side of the ground anywhere between the penalty boxes and half way up the stands.

Personally they'd have to pay me 200 quid to watch a game from the middle of that lot.

Andy Cryer on twitter saying that he hopes FA don't look at N'Zonzi raising his hands to Jones, it would be 4 match ban.

Doers anyone know if Sky showed the incident ?

30% possession and the lack of ball retention can be traced back to the decision by Kean to get rid of EL HADJI DIOUF, who in most peoples' view was our most consistent player in the period up to when Kean took over last year. Imagine if he had been on the right instead of Pedersen.

Yet another forced out for the cost and the fact he is Sam's man.

Guest Rovers4Good

What a poor showing it was last night. :(

Well we're near the bottom of the league and we've got one of the worst defencive records in the premiership so what do you do when united come to town?

Try and defend for 90 minutes. :(

Yes, it worked for a while but firstly we tired after about 60 minutes and you knew that they'd unlock our defence at some point.

Kean could have easily changed it when we started to tire but he choose not to and it cost us big time.

Archived