BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man United Preview and Match Thread

Ozz

Earlier in the season Kean was making daft subs all the time, sometimes appearing to do so just for the sake of it. Now the geezer never makes any, if ever fresh legs were needed it was later on in that game tonight. Very strange stuff again :unsure:

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamy you have to look into this weekly wage budget theory. There's just too much going on for it not to be true. The manager uses the same 12 players week in week out (including Dunn) and NEVER throws a striker/attacker on.

The most worrying one for me Is Givet - it seems he's gone the way as Salgado et al.

Yep, it is too strange. I mean, 1 nil down with ten minutes to go. Why not throw some fresh legs on? Whack modeste on and see what happens. It's beyond common sense. Needs looking into.

Im sorry but Kean either decided it was game over at 1-0 or there is some wages theory behind why he didnt make a sub? because im pretty certain every blackburn fan was thinking when they scored ok bring on some subs to chase the game.... Easy decisions to make as we had an attaackive bench!

Im sorry but Kean either decided it was game over at 1-0 or there is some wages theory behind why he didnt make a sub? because im pretty certain every blackburn fan was thinking when they scored ok bring on some subs to chase the game.... Easy decisions to make as we had an attaackive bench!

I thought we needed one at 70 mins if I am honest.

I wouldn't criticise the players at all after a performance like that. We defended well and looked like we might do something on the rare occasions we got forward. They are miles better than us man for man and yet we made as many chances as them from hardly any possession. The lack of subs is very strange and there must be something behind this as we were clearly struggling to hold them off towards the end and they had 3 freash players on yet still no changes. Shame we couldn't hold on but we need to win at least 1 of our Easter games now.

We made no subs at Bolton when we pulled a goal back !!!! We made no effort to go forward at Bolton at 2-1 ..

I think he settled for 2-0 tonight we didn't get hammered ...

'commited' is the only word i can use to describe rovers' performance as, not much else to say, man utd were in first gear the whole game, they didnt really need to step out of it as rovers backed off time and time again, teams like fulham with a proper manager show what you can nearly achieve when you have a go at them, rovers rarely did that the whole match, apart from a few half chances, hanley and ollson, if this is the yardstick with which we use for the rest of the season then we are screwed!!!

Just back home in Wheelton.

whilst I fully expected to lose tonight I sit here disgusted, deflated and angry that once again our idiotic manager has been found lacking.

Lets be honest, for 79 minutes we competed BUT we were woefully lacking all over the park. We now find ourselves in deep mire once again having broken free a couple of weeks ago.

For me, Kean has no idea whatsoever. We had players out there who did compete but we also had players who in the last 30 minutes were a liability.

Pederson was awful and the players let him know.

Lowe was so far out of position all game I really didnt know where he was supposed to be playing, He did nothing all game apart from chase the ball leaving us exposed time after time and this was even more so with the woeful efforts by Pederson.

Marcus Olsson had another shocker, what does he bring to the team ? I dont know the answer he was pretty god damned useless.

I saw Black summon Dunny after 75 minutes only for the manager to send him back and what happens ? We go and concede. Does the idiot make changes ? No he sits on his arse, tewiddles his thumbs and watches as manure go and score again. Still no change and still the same old Kean.

You have been found wanting again, a team that need fresh legs was left to limp home with yet another home defeat.

I really do despise what he is doing, what he has done and what further damage he will do to my club. Its a wreck of a football club.

Yes we did have chances but we didnt take them and thats whats going to cost us.

If you sit back and invite teams on you will concede goals.

I have just listened to the fool on tv and he makes me sick.

Looking back over this season we should be comfortably safe BUT we are not, we are adrift and sinking.

KEAN OUT

We created chances but Utd dominated play for long peroids of the game..we simply had no answer to two superbly taken goals.

WE ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR PREMIERSHIP LIVES NOW.

P.S.

According to the sky commentators Rovers fans have forgiven Kean and the protests from the 'minority' have ceased....... :angry2:

Can't fault the players on the pitch too much for effort, even thought Dann improved a fair chunk in the 2nd half, and Hanley is a player that will grow in stature at this club, starting to look more and more like a leader. Shame Nzonzi couldn't keep the ball in play as Pedersen hit a sweet strike, and then this tackle to keep Yakubu out, well the game would've been very different if that had gone in, perhaps wouldn't have won but couldn't got a draw.

Basically lost the game through 2 great goals that little could be done about, thats football, thats man united, rovers aren't the first and won't be the last to lose to them lot in this way.

The substitution thing is massively worrying. Kean has always seemed to make 2 or 3 per game until the last few weeks, its never more than 1 now and its just plain bizarre. You have to believe that its down to the budget. Dunny could've been used tonight, or Formica, both would've added some energy to a tiring side who had given it a really good go. So worried for this club, even if they stay up, what on earth will the team be next year?. Just gotta sit and hope that somebody, somewhere comes and rescues us from the Venky's nightmare that nobody outside of Blackburn seems to be bothered about. Heartbreaking.

• Backroom

Time for me to be unpopular

I thought we set out with the right gameplay and almost pulled it off brilliantly but for one or two amazing saves.

We limited united in the whole to half chances and but for two worldie strikes kept them out.

As for subs I thought our shape was perfect and any midfield changes would risk that although I would have brought modeste on for Yakubu to give us an outlet later on or maybe Dunn for pedersen, either way it was a risk but not sure it was a deciding factor.

The difference was quality in the end and would have been under any manager in the world I imagine, never mind the poor excuse we have now.

It's so frustrating. Even though the display was better than I expected, why are no subs used?! why don't we ever change shape?! We don't have a manager we have a clown in charge...

Because Venkys/JA would have to pay appearance money to the subs. Disgraceful owners.

• Backroom

Marcus Olsson had another shocker, what does he bring to the team ? I dont know the answer he was pretty god damned useless.

Pace, apparently. The fact he can't really cross, pass or shoot is neither here nor there it seems.

Where the bloody hell were the subs?

Does the matchday budget only stretch to enforced changes through injury?!!

FFS.

Valiant effort from the lads, but labore on its own isn't enough. Let's hope they aren't knackered for the weekend's match.

Pace, apparently. The fact he can't really cross, pass or shoot is neither here nor there it seems.

Don't forget the most important thing in the Venkean guide to running a football club - He's Very cheap!!!!!!! and Venky's London Limited can spend more money on Blingy's flight of fancy projects like Hitlab.com

Can't blame the lad though, chance to play in the Premier League , anybody would jump at the chance.

The game was not as bad as expected , looking on the plus side there might be a very gullible chairman who reads the Daily mail out their looking for an up and coming dignified, manager of the year potential ,manager and make a bid and steal keano from us, considering the job he's done in turning Rovers round and got all the supporters onside.

Time for me to be unpopular

I thought we set out with the right gameplay and almost pulled it off brilliantly but for one or two amazing saves.

We limited united in the whole to half chances and but for two worldie strikes kept them out.

As for subs I thought our shape was perfect and any midfield changes would risk that although I would have brought modeste on for Yakubu to give us an outlet later on.

The difference was quality in the end and would have been under any manager in the world I imagine, never mind the poor excuse we have now.

I agree that the gameplan was correct and the effort from the players was pretty much spot on. However it was very clear for most of the 2nd half that we were running out of steam- as is always the case when you are working that hard to close down good players. Substitutions should have been made to help with that.

At 1-0 down with 10 to play you just have to switch it around and go for it to try and get something for your efforts. But Kean made no effort to do so. That was infuriating and I just don't understand it. It does give credence to rumours about appearance money being avoided.

We have a manager who is neither proactive or reactive. The game was crying out for fresh legs. We could have kept the shape with the players we had on the bench but just like Bolton our 'gaffer' is found wanting when it comes to making changes. I don't buy all this budget guff, it's just sheer ineptitude in my opinion.

• Backroom

I should clarify, without doubt we had to change at 1-0 and throw caution to the wind all I think is any changes in shape at 0-0 could have been just as costly

All you can ask is that the players give everything and they did that tonight. Couldn't do anything about the two goals, with a touch of luck we could've taken the lead.

I am now totally and utterly convinced that Kean is working to a weekly budget in terms of appearance fees/bonuses etc. and his team (including use of subs) is worked around that budget. Tonight after 75 minutes we needed to make some changes to get the energy levels up a little bit, but nothing happened, the lack of substitutions is starting to become a big issue.

Tom - what about the Bolton game, when we didn't bring on an attacking sub when 1 goal behind in a relegation 6 pointer?

As I said in another thread, how can we stay up with a squad of 12? Venkys will deserve everything they get from this penny pinching excerice whilst us fans watch on helpless.

Edit, just seen your post Tom. So Kamy's more or less confirmed what we thought. Venkys are playing Russian roulette with our future by telling our manager who he can and can't pick. You couldn't make it up.

Archived