BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man United Preview and Match Thread

Ozz

• Backroom

Play like this for the rest of the season though and we won't go down.

Please don't say that. You know for a fact we won't play like this for the rest of the season. Not that tonight's performance has been anything special - United have been insipid in the extreme and we've really done sod all save a decent couple of chances at the end of the first half - but playing well is not something our team does on a regular basis under Steve Kean.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've played well tonight, but United were always going to pile forward at the end.

Easy money, like I said earlier.

The trouble is Andy is that we are more likely to put on a Bolton style performance for the rest of the season

We've played well tonight, but United were always going to pile forward at the end.

Easy money, like I said earlier.

True, but we all know we won't play like this for the rest of the season. Rovers can't perform for more than 2 matches at a time max

Hanley had a good game

not really sure anyone had a "GOOD" game,standards are dropping fast maybe simply not being utterly woeful ala Bolton is now considered good.

Manager had a stinker, subs bench may be crap but for gods sake mix it up or admit there were other reasons ala brown envelopes that all these attackers signed.

Spot on.

Played quite well, important games are the next two games.

Yes,nothing we could do about the goals.... But I have thought all season we are going down , nothing changes ...

We played as well as we could with the obvious lack of talent ...

• Backroom

???

Before their first goal Marcus Olsson had the chance to pass it out and up the pitch and instead punted it back to United, like we did for 80% of the game. This then led to them scoring their first, so yes, we could have avoided the first. As for the second... allowing Ashley Young to turn and shoot despite being directly behind him is not exactly fantastic defending. A good goal, mind.

Kamy you have to look into this weekly wage budget theory. There's just too much going on for it not to be true. The manager uses the same 12 players week in week out (including Dunn) and NEVER throws a striker/attacker on.

The most worrying one for me Is Givet - it seems he's gone the way as Salgado et al.

We must have the only manager in the league that still doesn't make subs when their players have been chasing the ball for 90 minutes and must be knackered, maybe he's winding up his fatigue excuses for the West Brom game

A good committed performance against the in-form champions. We made their keeper work hard. But I'm sick of Robinson, poor position and flat-footed, again. Still, he throws his gloves to the crowd.

Conveniently forgetting all the good Robinson work did. We were committed all right and did well to hold out for 80mins but why weren't we that committed against Bolton ?

Kamy you have to look into this weekly wage budget theory. There's just too much going on for it not to be true. The manager uses the same 12 players week in week out and NEVER throws a striker/attacker on.

The most worrying one for me Is Givet - it seems he's gone the way as Salgado.

would have loved givet to play, Dann/Hanley has stopped being funny so flat footed and clueless. Dann ran away from evans to go aimlessly to the center of the box early in the match...had me screaming at the tv so not a natural defender no awareness at all.

Something seems very wrong with the lack of substitutes and disappearence of Givet.

We must have the only manager in the league that still doesn't make subs when their players have been chasing the ball for 90 minutes and must be knackered, maybe he's winding up his fatigue excuses for the West Brom game

Making substitutes cost money .... and Kean has probably agreed a weekly budget with Pune.

As above I'm now convinced that Kean doesn't get to choose who he can sub on or select each week. I reckon he gets a budget and selects from this meaning Simon and others can't play. it's the only explanation.

Archived