BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt sacked

What's even more of a joke is that he was completely right too!

He got it right, they got it wrong, he gets sacked.

Lets not build Hunt into some sort of Martyr, from what I can gather he was completely out of his depth in that role, and everyone but the idiots in Pune could see Kean needed sacking after the Bolton home game. He also told lies (Allegedly) on radio Lancashire with his mate Agnew, and we’re better off without him, only wish he’d take PNE Agnew and Kean with him.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Alan Myers from Sky is a joke. He is at Brockhall to report on whether or not Hunt has been sacked and he starts rhyming off reason's why Kean isn't to blame for relegation, going on about Bolton game in December, name dropping Kean's mate Fergie and trotting out the same old Kean has shown great dignity claptrap. It's like they are reading it from a script. Seriously.

Sky Sports is basically SEM TV, so I'm not surprised they're still sticking up for poor old Keano.

Lets not build Hunt into some sort of Martyr, from what I can gather he was completely out of his depth in that role, and everyone but the idiots in Pune could see Kean needed sacking after the Bolton home game. He also told lies (Allegedly) on radio Lancashire with his mate Agnew, and we’re better off without him, only wish he’d take PNE Agnew and Kean with him.

Spot on, Gav. All these people still buying the Mr Nice Guy guff need to have a think how many emails they have sent to the big boss asking for a promotion, a pay rise and for two of their colleagues to be sacked. His promotion and payrise was the first thing on the list - as if that was the club's main problem after the Bolton game. Whatever constraints may have been put on him from India, Hunt won't be missed by me.

I didn't say he was any kind of martyr.

Whether he was the only one or a million people saw it coming, he was in a position of power and got it right, they got it wrong, he's been sacked, fact. Now what implications does that leave us regarding Steve Kean. I know what I believe.

I think you will find you are incorrect here.

He will have had a fixed term contract and unless he has been sacked for Gross Misconduct which is most unlikely, he will be compensated after signing the usual NDA !!!

That's right, MM.

Generally speaking, you cannot make a claim of Unfair Dismissal to an Employment Tribunal unless you have sufficient qualifying service. However, he could still make a claim for breach of contract or Wrongful Dismissal to a Court where, for example, he was not given the correct notice etc.

I'm glad that this letter has come out. However, I don't think that Hunt should be hailed as a hero of the resistance just yet if it is correct that he fingered Simon Williams as being 'someone who is against the owners' and tried to have him 'disappeared' as an enemy of the regime !

He will have had a fixed term contract and unless he has been sacked for Gross Misconduct which is most unlikely, he will be compensated after signing the usual NDA !!!

That's right, MM.

Generally speaking, you cannot make a claim of Unfair Dismissal to an Employment Tribunal unless you have sufficient qualifying service. However, he could still make a claim for breach of contract or Wrongful Dismissal to a Court where, for example, he was not given the correct notice etc.

I'm glad that this letter has come out. However, I don't think that Hunt should be hailed as a hero of the resistance just yet if it is correct that he fingered Simon Williams as being 'someone who is against the owners' and tried to have him 'disappeared' as an enemy of the regime !

Completely agree.. why now?

Makes me question whether it is anything to do with the letter as to why he's been sacked or if it was just unfortunate timing. Surely if it was because of the letter they would have sacked him when they received it. Maybe they never received it?

Maybe they believe he leaked it.. who knows what goes through their minds. But to sack someone for leaking something surely they need proof so as to not get sued for wrongful dismissal?

Or have 2 people just read it for the first time.

• Backroom

Sky Sports News continue to question the letter's authenticity despite reporting Hunt's sacking on foot of it leaking.

SEM TV continues the propaganda.

Wonder if they'll include a "keep quiet" clause in the payout? No doubt he hasn't been sacked but left by "mutual consent".

If so expect more Williams/Allardyce-esque silence

Perfect time for the media to ask tough questions

It's not like they will be banned as the national media won't be there next season anyway

Maybe time to tell them it was Kean who leaked the letter - then see what happens.

That's right, MM.

But at least , he tried to do something to get rid of Kean ...

Whether the e mail was sent , or just written and not sent we will probably never know ..

Maybe a 3rd party found it on his PC , and spilled the beans to Mr Harris ? Harris went to print ,giving Venkys the oppotuinity to sack him?

Now , that is a conspiracy !

For me Venkys have done something very dangerous here. If Kean is now not fired after the Chelsea game on Sunday then there really is something very wrong, perhaps even criminal going on. There can be no doubt about that. If they do keep Kean as manager then NOONE should be attending the games. If Kean is still manager this time next week then Blackburn Rovers are officially dead and Venkys FC has rolled slowly out of the ashes coughing up blood in the process.

in my opinion the premier league need to have a serious look at the fit and proper test, there should be safeguards in place, probation periods etc to stop whats happened at rovers ever happening in the future

the issue is the facts and what can be proven.

so far, all we can prove is that deai is a clueless village idiot who ignored all sane requests.

what we can't know / prove yet, is whether they had an agent in charge of player recruitment for the club. Thats against premier league rules, but will be hard to prove unless there is a smoking gun email.

asset stripping? there's nothing in any rules to say a business can sell its assets and keep the cash.

I dont condone it, but its going to be difficult to pin anything on them unless anderson gets implicated for breaking rules

For me Venkys have done something very dangerous here. If Kean is now not fired after the Chelsea game on Sunday then there really is something very wrong, perhaps even criminal going on. There can be no doubt about that. If they do keep Kean as manager then NOONE should be attending the games. If Kean is still manager this time next week then Blackburn Rovers are officially dead and Venkys FC has rolled slowly out of the ashes coughing up blood in the process.

I doubt I will go back again until Kean is dismissed. I definitely won't buy a ST while he is still in charge. This also seems to the view of a number of Rovers supporters that I have spoken to.

Kean would be good on The Apprentice.

Sir Mrs Desai - "Steve, you made bad decision after bad decision, and its entirely your fault your team lost the task"

Kean - "But if we take the positives of what we were trying to do..."

Sir Mrs Desai - "Good point and I really do like your wife. Paul you disagreed with Steve from the start, even if you were right and came up with a strategy that could have potentially won you the task. You showed no commitment and were disobedient to your PM and it's for that reason you're FIRED."

Hunt - "But it wasn't my fau...."

Kean and Sir Mrs Desai - "Get out!"

From what I've heard, you're not wrong gav.

Also - too little too late to release the email now. I don't know the circumstances, but this could have all blown up in the press 6 months ago had hunt gone on record.

Now you may argue that why would he put his own family in jeopardy by getting the inevitable sack. But in a position like that - you aren't just working for a faceless company. You are a custodian of a football club that should be doing everything in your power to pass it along to the next person in a better state than when you found it. Unfortunately, Hunts been powerless and everything has gone wrong. Commercial revenue, relegation, player exits...

It could have been very very different if he had gone on record, or at least leaked the email 6 months ago when the press would have had a field day with it.

Perfect time for the media to ask tough questions

It's not like they will be banned as the national media won't be there next season anyway

I hope they do, but I'm not counting on it.

Steve Kean will probably have the kids with him, the wife, his parents to make reporters feel guilty about asking any difficult questions. He won't have the dog with him though as he hasn't got one.

Archived