BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt sacked

BBC Sport ‏ @BBCSport

Sporting Intelligence's Nick Harris denies Paul Hunt is source of Kean letter. "If they sack him for leaking that, they have got wrong man.”

As I have been saying.

Desai has to look at herself for this one....

I agree, Phillip. Luckily, in a way, I've been extremely busy today, so just digesting and giving todays events my full concentration and consideration.

Paul Hunt is a credit to himself, for the email. He's paid the price for his honesty, and ultimately for criticizing Kean!

But, am I alone in thinking, that the owners will also be delighted to sack Hunt, for another reason - They don't have to pay Hunt wages and have made another saving ?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunt said in his email - "Publicly I have been asked to support the manager and I always have"

So guidelines for working at Rovers is that you must show they you like/back Kean - otherwise what? Hence why some senior players left too perhaps?

From Daily Mirror article

Rovers revolt: Senior directors could quit over Hunt's firing

Venky’s are facing a revolt over their handling of Blackburn – and for standing by Steve Kean, writes Alan Nixon.

Senior Rovers directors are considering quitting over the axing of deputy chief executive Paul Hunt, who wanted Kean sacked during the season.

Hunt was dismissed on Wednesday, but Ewood Park insiders reveal he had support and may now be backed by ­resignations.

Financial director Karen Silk and director of f­ootball Simon Hunt were part of an emergency meeting on Wednesday night and tipped to leave their posts in protest.

Venky’s supremo Anuradha Desai is alone in standing by Kean, but is under pressure to act – and sort out the club’s boardroom and cash problems.

Kean has angrily denied a claim by local MP Graham Jones that he has only stayed on because his wife is close to Mrs Desai.

He said: “I don’t know who he is. We’ve been to India once and warmly welcomed – that’s the kind of people the owners are.”

I'm sure I was reading a thread a few weeks ago with all posters slagging Paul Hunt off.

That's because Hunt never publicly came out and told the truth. All the fans had to go off was the spin nonsense and blandness, in the local press and his terrible boot - licking performance on Radio Lancs.

Kean was immediately informed after Hunt sent the email - so we know who leaked it now....

This is what I have been reading all day on Twitter and struggling to get my head round, the Email Hunt wrote was forwarded to Kean from Desai so he has known about it for ages. Why on gods good earth would this happen from the person who is supposed to be running the club?

It's pretty clear that both the letter and sacking show that Mrs D sees Kean as the overall manager of the club.

Wether that's because he or his agent have one over the owners or they seriously think he is the man to lead the club remains to be seen.

They obviously do not care one bit for the fans or their wishes either, so that raises again, what exactly is the plan? That really, really scares me, as asset stripping / betting scams seem the only logical things that come to mind, unless they extremely naively think they can sell the experienced players and use the club as a tool to bring through and sell on young talent.

I would be amazed if anyone wanted to work under the conditions we see are in place currently at Ewood. You only have to read Hunts letter to feel how scared he was to write it.

Surely the issue here is not Kean being untouchable or the owners ruthlessly disposing of anyone who dares to disagree with them, but whether or not our Deputy Chief Executive leaked sensitive Club material to the media.

If the letter is genuine and Hunt chose to leak it in an attempt to show the disaaray behind the scenes, he could have expected no other outcome than instant summary dismissal.

If as is seemingly being claimed on here and by this Nick Harris chap, it wasn't Hunt who leaked the letter then whoever leaked it should feel very pleased with themselves that they have got an innocent man the sack. It was fairly obvious that any fall out would lead back to Hunt and to be honest it must be very hard for him to prove he had nothing at all to do with the leaking of the document. Even if he was totally innocent.

The owners didn't sack Hunt when he allegedly sent the letter to them originally so presumably the problem is not the fact that he had his own opinion which might not have matched theirs, it's the fact that this letter was leaked to the media and became public knowledge.

Great shame for Hunt on a personal level if he didn't leak it. Also for the Club, as the recommendations attributed to him appeared very much on the right lines.

Kean was immediately informed after Hunt sent the email - so we know who leaked it now....

If you're alleging Kean leaked the e-mail, that makes no sense at all. No-one would leak a document so heavily critical of them. They'd want to bury it without trace forever.

It's pretty clear that both the letter and sacking show that Mrs D sees Kean as the overall manager of the club.

That has been her stance from the start. That info came from one of the departed board members from last year. The manager is responsible for everything at the club.

Crazy bitch.

If you're alleging Kean leaked the e-mail, that makes no sense at all. No-one would leak a document so heavily critical of them. They'd want to bury it without trace forever.

C'mon Simon..... Unless Hunt cc'd it to others at the time then it was Desai who leaked the original email by fwd'ing it on. If she had not done that it wouldn't be in the public domain now.... unless of course Hunt had done it himself which Nick Harris and Kamy both deny.

Mystery is ...

a. who had access to both Keans confidence and his computer? If he made a printed copy who could have seen that?

b. who else did Kean fwd it too?

Surely the issue here is not Kean being untouchable or the owners ruthlessly disposing of anyone who dares to disagree with them, but whether or not our Deputy Chief Executive leaked sensitive Club material to the media.

If the letter is genuine and Hunt chose to leak it in an attempt to show the disaaray behind the scenes, he could have expected no other outcome than instant summary dismissal.

If as is seemingly being claimed on here and by this Nick Harris chap, it wasn't Hunt who leaked the letter then whoever leaked it should feel very pleased with themselves that they have got an innocent man the sack. It was fairly obvious that any fall out would lead back to Hunt and to be honest it must be very hard for him to prove he had nothing at all to do with the leaking of the document. Even if he was totally innocent.

The owners didn't sack Hunt when he allegedly sent the letter to them originally so presumably the problem is not the fact that he had his own opinion which might not have matched theirs, it's the fact that this letter was leaked to the media and became public knowledge.

Great shame for Hunt on a personal level if he didn't leak it. Also for the Club, as the recommendations attributed to him appeared very much on the right lines.

Talk about missing the point.

Talk about missing the point.

Yes, I bet Paul Hunt is absolutely delighted someone apparently leaked the document to the media and lost him his job.

It seems to me that everyone else is missing the point and seemingly tryinng turn an issue of whether a Senior Club official leaked sensitive material into the public domain into some sort of compelling evidence that Kean is supposedly untouchable.

The two are completely unconnected.

That's not to say Kean shouldn't have been relieved of his duties long before now, just as Hunt suggested.

That's because Hunt never publicly came out and told the truth. All the fans had to go off was the spin nonsense and blandness, in the local press and his terrible boot - licking performance on Radio Lancs.

That's amazing. People expect him to be fired for lifting the lid? Pretty selfish, if you ask me.

He's been put in the most tight of reigns. Can't blame him for staying well inside the lines. But now he's out of it, he's in a much better position.

Only ever heard good things about him. That, and a lot of frustrated people annoyed that he's not spilling the beans while IN the job.

You're still persisting with the argument that the letter is a fake? So he was sacked for leaking a fake letter???

The real issue is that this is a showdown between Kean and those who want him out and Mrs Desai has shown where her loyalties lie---------to the utter detriment of the club.

That has been her stance from the start. That info came from one of the departed board members from last year. The manager is responsible for everything at the club.

Crazy bitch.

C'mon Simon..... Unless Hunt cc'd it to others at the time then it was Desai who leaked the original email by fwd'ing it on. If she had not done that it wouldn't be in the public domain now.... unless of course Hunt had done it himself which Nick Harris and Kamy both deny.

Mystery is ...

a. who had access to both Keans confidence and his computer? If he made a printed copy who could have seen that?

b. who else did Kean fwd it too?

Not sure I understand the point you're making here Gordon. It seems to be accepted that Desai passed it on to Kean. The point I was making was that it would not have been Kean who subsequently leaked it into the public domain.

Yes, I bet Paul Hunt is absolutely delighted someone apparently leaked the document to the media and lost him his job.

It seems to me that everyone else is missing the point and seemingly tryinng turn an issue of whether a Senior Club official leaked sensitive material into the public domain into some sort of compelling evidence that Kean is supposedly untouchable.

The two are completely unconnected.

That's not to say Kean shouldn't have been relieved of his duties long before now, just as Hunt suggested.

You seem to be upset that this has been leaked, Rev! Why ?

Surely the leak is a positive (for everyone apart from Hunt). It clearly exposes the owners and Kean - even more!

It is in Rovers best interests and the leak has come from somebody who realizes the dangers!

You should applaud whoever leaked it, not moan about the morals of it! :angry:

Everyone knows he didn't leak the letter, including Desai. The bottom line is she had to be seen to do something about this embarrassment to save face.

Not sure I understand the point you're making here Gordon. It seems to be accepted that Desai passed it on to Kean. The point I was making was that it would not have been Kean who subsequently leaked it into the public domain.

I doubt Kean handed it to Nick Harris PERSONALLY....

That's amazing. People expect him to be fired for lifting the lid? Pretty selfish, if you ask me.

He's been put in the most tight of reigns. Can't blame him for staying well inside the lines. But now he's out of it, he's in a much better position.

Only ever heard good things about him. That, and a lot of frustrated people annoyed that he's not spilling the beans while IN the job.

No. I didnt expect him to lift the lid in the media. Only a moron would.

But Hunt could have portrayed himself in a better light (than he did in the press) and been more honest.

His interviews and comments in the press were a waste of ink!

You're still persisting with the argument that the letter is a fake? So he was sacked for leaking a fake letter???

The real issue is that this is a showdown between Kean and those who want him out and Mrs Desai has shown where her loyalties lie---------to the utter detriment of the club.

1) I don't know if the letter was genuine or not. I'm now told it's been verified so I've no reason to believe otherwise.

2) If that were the case, surely PH would have been sacked as soon as he wrote the document in question.

Archived