BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt sacked

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now convinced this letter / email us genuine. Without going over old ground from this thread the one aspect which has not been mentioned, as far as I can see, is the potential damage in terms of recruitment.

We may need to appoint a CEO or if Karen Silk is appointed other senior replacements to work with her.

New players are urgently needed if their is any intention to stabilise the squad in an attempt to avoid consecutive relegations.

I suspect Kean may need an assistant as I won't be surprised if Black leaves - I would!

Should Kean be sacked a manager will be needed.

If the Raos stay and these positions require filling the question has to be who in their right mind will come? The revelations, which most of us knew to a greater or lesser extent, should give any potential employee or player cause to think very hard about the wisdom of coming to Ewood Park. Rovers may well be seen as the graveyard for a career.

In my view the letter and what is to come could be very, very damaging in this respect.

The club does not need to employ anyone to replace Hunt, it doesn't need any decent players, coaching staff or executives.

The owners, with Keanout as their willing stooge, are perfectly capable of playing anyone who will stay on whilst accepting a pay cut, until the first season's parachute payment is forthcoming.

The combined income from the costcutting, tv revenues, matchdays, transfer fees etc etc will be enough to cover costs and any revenue above this will be used to recoup the initial 'investment' before they are able to sell at a significantly reduced value.

I know this is stating the bleeding obvious but some of us still think our glorious owners may look at this from a business-growing or footballing point of view.

Trust me, they are business people who have decided to sell when all assets are liquidated.

What a comprehensive statement, now I can see why it took Rovers PR 24 hours to confirm the departure, obviously used all that time putting the statement together.

Are they trying to annoy us on purpose Kamy? Doing rather well.

Looks that way, mark my words, we'll have the last laugh.

I and many others put a lot of faith in what you post on here Kamy so after one of the most depressing periods in the history of BRFC I sincerely hope there are some legs in your comment. And if it is then we will laugh louder and longer than anybody has ever done.

Archived