BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt sacked

Obviously rule number 1 is not to criticise the Rao family otherwise you are a goner.

I wouldn't use the word "criticise". You're a gonner if you try to ADVISE them.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not build Hunt into some sort of Martyr, from what I can gather he was completely out of his depth in that role, and everyone but the idiots in Pune could see Kean needed sacking after the Bolton home game. He also told lies (Allegedly) on radio Lancashire with his mate Agnew, and we’re better off without him, only wish he’d take PNE Agnew and Kean with him.

Seems to me now like he was doing his job. Trying to protect the owners investment, improve the club and move it out of troubled waters without rocking the boat.

Yesterday he hit an iceberg.

I doubt I will go back again until Kean is dismissed. I definitely won't buy a ST while he is still in charge. This also seems to the view of a number of Rovers supporters that I have spoken to.

You've certainly changed your tune.

Those that have renewed must be regretting it deeply..... apart from Spark and Braddock that is. :rolleyes:

I'm seriously hoping this "emergency board meeting" comes to something. I feel like others that if somethings not done between now and the chelsea game the pressure will cease. How kean has gone about the last few days is an absolute disgrace. Get the betting story out we all know its true, god knows what happens then but there really is nothing to support anymore

Those that have renewed must be regretting it deeply..... apart from Spark and Braddock that is. :rolleyes:

That's a point - where are these gobshites now that they've been proven well and truly wrong?

Let's hope they're as forthcoming with the consumption of a nice huge slice of that humble-flavoured pie...

• Backroom

what is the "betting story"? any inkling of any player revolt today. the pressure needs to continue, the players need to do their bit...

Problem is, most of the players with any guts have been shipped out. Who's going to stand up to Kean out of the current batch? Pedersen, Formica, Orr? :lol:

Givet and Robbo are the only two who would have the balls and the clout to do anything, IMO. The rest would fall in line, and I include David Dunn in that group.

• Backroom

Yup. I can feel rage building up, but I have all season, and have managed to suppress it.

It's wrong that someone will actually get hold of him one day, but a lot of people won't feel sorry for him when it happens.

After what that man has aided and abetted in? He's ruined the hub of a small town, caused redundancies for many hard-working people and likely lost the jobs of many people who indirectly rely on income from rovers games.

Never thought I'd be in the position of condoning harm to someone who hasn't done anything illegal, but Kean.....you've broken that little record too (I'd be too chickenshizzle to do it myself mind. Need a nutter like Sir ABBEY).

what is the "betting story"? any inkling of any player revolt today. the pressure needs to continue, the players need to do their bit...

PM me that story. I might be able to investigate a bit on that.

I'm now convinced this letter / email us genuine. Without going over old ground from this thread the one aspect which has not been mentioned, as far as I can see, is the potential damage in terms of recruitment.

We may need to appoint a CEO or if Karen Silk is appointed other senior replacements to work with her.

New players are urgently needed if their is any intention to stabilise the squad in an attempt to avoid consecutive relegations.

I suspect Kean may need an assistant as I won't be surprised if Black leaves - I would!

Should Kean be sacked a manager will be needed.

If the Raos stay and these positions require filling the question has to be who in their right mind will come? The revelations, which most of us knew to a greater or lesser extent, should give any potential employee or player cause to think very hard about the wisdom of coming to Ewood Park. Rovers may well be seen as the graveyard for a career.

In my view the letter and what is to come could be very, very damaging in this respect.

BBC Sport ‏ @BBCSport

Sporting Intelligence's Nick Harris denies Paul Hunt is source of Kean letter. "If they sack him for leaking that, they have got wrong man.”

As I have been saying.

Desai has to look at herself for this one....

BBC Sport ‏ @BBCSport

Sporting Intelligence's Nick Harris denies Paul Hunt is source of Kean letter. "If they sack him for leaking that, they have got wrong man.”

As I have been saying.

Desai has to look at herself for this one....

So surely its a case of unfair dismissal?

Unless of course hunt has just taken a compromise agreement with a nice golden handshake.

So surely its a case of unfair dismissal?

Unless of course hunt has just taken a compromise agreement with a nice golden handshake.

If he was sacked I can't see there being a golden handshake. Reports are that he was in fact sacked and not "left by mutual consent" or "resigned"

Here's hoping anyway. Idiots in Pune and their knee jerk reactions, I wouldn't trust them to own a goldfish let alone a multi million pound business.

At least Paul Hunt didn't suffer the fate of a Russian club executive today:

Vice-President of "Ak Bars" went for a smoke and dropped out of the window

May 9 2012, 22:53 (GMT) News from the region of Tatarstan

Accident and serious injury ended the lunchtime smoke of vice-president of the Kazan hockey team "Ak Bars"

As press secretary told the Ministry of Health of Tatarstan Nurislam Gilmutdinov, vice president of "Ak Bars" Kazan City Duma deputy was hospitalized in the intensive care unit of the Republican Clinical Hospital in the afternoon.

A 54-year-old Ravil Shavaleeva - broken pelvis and other injuries on the body. Doctors gave him all necessary assistance, but the patient continues to be in difficulty. Experts convened a council, called by experts, including from Moscow.

What exactly happened to Shavaleevym is not yet clear. According to local media, the vice-president of "Ak Bars" fell from the third floor.

At the same time the police said that no crime had happened in there, it's just an accident. Shavaleev was in the hospital, smoking by the window and accidentally fell, stumbled on the visor above the door, reports "Interfax".

At least Paul Hunt didn't suffer the fate of a Russian club executive today:

Vice-President of "Ak Bars" went for a smoke and dropped out of the window

May 9 2012, 22:53 (GMT) News from the region of Tatarstan

Accident and serious injury ended the lunchtime smoke of vice-president of the Kazan hockey team "Ak Bars"

As press secretary told the Ministry of Health of Tatarstan Nurislam Gilmutdinov, vice president of "Ak Bars" Kazan City Duma deputy was hospitalized in the intensive care unit of the Republican Clinical Hospital in the afternoon.

A 54-year-old Ravil Shavaleeva - broken pelvis and other injuries on the body. Doctors gave him all necessary assistance, but the patient continues to be in difficulty. Experts convened a council, called by experts, including from Moscow.

What exactly happened to Shavaleevym is not yet clear. According to local media, the vice-president of "Ak Bars" fell from the third floor.

At the same time the police said that no crime had happened in there, it's just an accident. Shavaleev was in the hospital, smoking by the window and accidentally fell, stumbled on the visor above the door, reports "Interfax".

Does Kean smoke? - just an idea

Archived