BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt sacked

Everyone knows he didn't leak the letter, including Desai. The bottom line is she had to be seen to do something about this embarrassment to save face.

Desai has been nothing but an embarrassment and doesnt seem bothered about saving face! As she has done nothing to save them!

Its an ugly situation, uglier than the Raos faces!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so according to nicko, other staff wanted him out too, so its up to them to stand up and grow a pair but even so kean has still won the war over them as mrs bitch has backed him over other more senior figures, slag!!!

Everyone knows he didn't leak the letter, including Desai. The bottom line is she had to be seen to do something about this embarrassment to save face.

Makes sense when you think about it. Get rid of one of the last of the pre-Venkys managers so you can install a patsy, and 'be seen' to be taking action over the dismal year and relegation. Kill two birds with one stone.

1) I don't know if the letter was genuine or not. I'm now told it's been verified so I've no reason to believe otherwise.

2) If that were the case, surely PH would have been sacked as soon as he wrote the document in question.

1) Obvious from the beginning that the letter was genuine despite your attempts to claim otherwise.

2) In any normal club perhaps. All about "face" I'd suggest once the leak occurred.

3) I agree with the other poster. Why are you apparently outraged that the letter had been leaked. Surely we should applaud it?

Yes, I bet Paul Hunt is absolutely delighted someone apparently leaked the document to the media and lost him his job.

It seems to me that everyone else is missing the point and seemingly tryinng turn an issue of whether a Senior Club official leaked sensitive material into the public domain into some sort of compelling evidence that Kean is supposedly untouchable.

The two are completely unconnected.

That's not to say Kean shouldn't have been relieved of his duties long before now, just as Hunt suggested.

Hunt is the latest victim of the nutjobs running the club. They've known about the letter for several months and I presume Hunt will be able to prove that he didn't leak it. So why sack him? Well Hunt could not remain in post when the letter became public, because Venkys support Kean and won't sack him.

BTW Hunt will no doubt get another job quickly and be paid a very large wage for doing so.

You seem to be upset that this has been leaked, Rev! Why ?

Surely the leak is a positive (for everyone apart from Hunt). It clearly exposes the owners and Kean - even more!

It is in Rovers best interests and the leak has come from somebody who realizes the dangers!

You should applaud whoever leaked it, not moan about the morals of it! :angry:

What a ridiculous post. It's no skin off my nose whatsoever that the letter has been leaked.

However it seems a potentially innocent party has lost his liveliehood through no fault whatsoever of his own. If people feel comfortable with that level of collateral damage that's up to them.

Yes, I bet Paul Hunt is absolutely delighted someone apparently leaked the document to the media and lost him his job.

He could easily be. He'll leave with his head high and his reputation intact. If he'd stayed and simply kept his head down his career would be tarnished for ever by association of the Slumdogs regime.

What a ridiculous post. It's no skin off my nose whatsoever that the letter has been leaked.

However it seems a potentially innocent party has lost his liveliehood through no fault whatsoever of his own. If people feel comfortable with that level of collateral damage that's up to them.

He chose to take their money by agreeing to work for them. Nobody forced him to take the job. His choice. A choice made when many had raised concerns with regard to the takeover.

The only people responsible for the demise of Hunt are in Pune. After today's events the position of the manager is considerably stronger than is was before. In many ways the e-mail suggests that Hunt underestimated just how strong the bond between owner and manager really is.

So my comments are ridiculous ? come on Rev. Your better than that. :rolleyes:

Hunt is not alone in suffering as collateral damage. It is unavoidable. Especially with these owners.

There's going to be even more :( But Rovers and its future are my main concern - not the collateral damage - or sacking of Executives who couldve done more.

because, and I make no apologies for saying this - the positives in the leaking of the email, far out-way the fact that hunt has been sacked.

I would be surprised if many disagreed!

So if Simon Hunt and Karen Silk walk out in protest as at least one of the papers is suggesting is a possibility, where does that leave the governance of the club ? Totally rooted I would have thought ? It would be a great publicity statement though.

It would only take one of their IT bods to be disgruntled. As an admin I could access any email I liked in the company I work for, if I worked at Rovers I'm not sure I could resist the temptation to blow the farce wide open.

As it is we'll probably never know. Nick Harris says it wasn't Paul Hunt and that's good enough for me.

Paul Hunt sent it to Desai. Desai sent it to Kean. Might Kean have forwarded it to his agent, considering it concerned whether he would still be employed? Not stated as fact, only a possibility.

Being Machiavellian, JA might think that the club will implode. If so, he might want his client out, and paid, before the debts become too significant. The letter makes Kean's reign even more untenable and so increases the prospects of removal so the ultimate failure of the club (administration) is the responsibility of someone other than Kean (and by extension, Kentaro/SEM).

The above is not necessarily factually accurate. I don't know who leaked the letter or their motives. But with Desai sent it to Kean, the possibility that he or someone in his confidence (or merely access to his computer) has to be considered.

from an article in the mail

Breaking his silence on Hunt's email to Venky's, claiming he had lost the crowd and the dressing room after December's 2-1 home defeat by Bolton, Kean said: 'I've only just found out about it. I don't really want to go into it, but I am disappointed, if that is what actually happened. I haven't read it, but I know it is out there, and people are telling me bits of it.

The owners didn't mention the email to me, but if they were dismissive of it straightaway, it just shows you that the content and detail of it was not going to happen. Maybe it wasn't even worth speaking about.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2141894/Steve-Kean-Venkys-going-Hunt-crisis-gets-worse.html#ixzz1uRbspdjT

so he hasnt seen or read the letter, is that another porky ?

from an article in the mail

Breaking his silence on Hunt's email to Venky's, claiming he had lost the crowd and the dressing room after December's 2-1 home defeat by Bolton, Kean said: 'I've only just found out about it. I don't really want to go into it, but I am disappointed, if that is what actually happened. I haven't read it, but I know it is out there, and people are telling me bits of it.

The owners didn't mention the email to me, but if they were dismissive of it straightaway, it just shows you that the content and detail of it was not going to happen. Maybe it wasn't even worth speaking about.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2141894/Steve-Kean-Venkys-going-Hunt-crisis-gets-worse.html#ixzz1uRbspdjT

so he hasnt seen or read the letter, is that another porky ?

99.99% confidence that this is a complete pack of lies.

Nothing surprises me anymore from the untouchable one, but to dismiss the content with such disdain is remarkable - "shows the content and detail of it was not going to happen" - so relegation hasn't happened has it not - club in meltdown - yet more lies from him, he just can't help himself due to the position he has created. Can't go back whilst he and his bosses remain.

What annoys me is this is seen as a Cesar kind of thing, like his Generals plotting against him to backstab him......Paul Hunt was not under Kean he was there for that exact reason of hiring and firing (or at least should have been) Nixons article makes it seem everyone was plotting against him and he is the guy at the top of the ladder.

Archived