BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt sacked

Needs to happen now! We have the worlds attention, whoever has the bombs needs to let them go whilst we are still in the media spotlight. VENKYS OUT!!!!

Absolutely right! If the ITKs have dirt on the VenKean and Barrow Boy scum or any one/thing associated to the plight of Rovers now is the time to get it out there. The Media are into it NOW but their attention span is short.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely right! If the ITKs have dirt on the VenKean and Barrow Boy scum or any one/thing associated to the plight of Rovers now is the time to get it out there. The Media are into it NOW but their attention span is short.

The boys have a point, Kamy.

"All in good time" ain't cutting the mustard with these lads at the helm.

Lock and load.

Surely the issue here is not Kean being untouchable or the owners ruthlessly disposing of anyone who dares to disagree with them, but whether or not our Deputy Chief Executive leaked sensitive Club material to the media.

If the letter is genuine and Hunt chose to leak it in an attempt to show the disaaray behind the scenes, he could have expected no other outcome than instant summary dismissal.

If as is seemingly being claimed on here and by this Nick Harris chap, it wasn't Hunt who leaked the letter then whoever leaked it should feel very pleased with themselves that they have got an innocent man the sack. It was fairly obvious that any fall out would lead back to Hunt and to be honest it must be very hard for him to prove he had nothing at all to do with the leaking of the document. Even if he was totally innocent.

The owners didn't sack Hunt when he allegedly sent the letter to them originally so presumably the problem is not the fact that he had his own opinion which might not have matched theirs, it's the fact that this letter was leaked to the media and became public knowledge.

Great shame for Hunt on a personal level if he didn't leak it. Also for the Club, as the recommendations attributed to him appeared very much on the right lines.

If you're alleging Kean leaked the e-mail, that makes no sense at all. No-one would leak a document so heavily critical of them. They'd want to bury it without trace forever.

Sorry rev, but you can't shed a tear for Hunt in this.

Everything he feared would happen, happened. Everything he tried to change - didn't happen.

Why would anyone want to work under those conditions. Im sure he's rather pleased to be out and the leaking of it will actually salvage something of his reputation.

Anyone staying working inside ewood after all this is going to find it hard to get there next job

As I've stated before, I suspect that Hunt's departure has been on the cards for a while, Tuesday's letter just expedited it and, IMO, was knee jerk as Kean hated it and the exposure it provided.

The statement is shamefully short. I suspect that this is because the legalities about Hunt's departure hadn't even been thought through and discussed let alone agreed with Hunt, therefore, legally, they will not say anything as this could influence the outcome of any subsequent proceedings.

Hunt can play this one of two ways, either negotiate for himself a handsome pay-off - this shouldn't be a problem as they will be sh1t scared of what he could reveal or he could take them to the cleaners and all the dirty washing will be aired in public. Let's hope it's the latter !!!!!

Its the smartest thing. Sack the most under-paid executive in the PL, and your senior man at Ewood Park especially since you're based a continent away. As if.

You would have to be so naive to buy that one !

IMO, just shows how thick they truly are.

Kean must lead them a right merry dance !

I've thought all season that it is Kean that lays the law down, can anyone imagine the Chuckle brothers dressing him down? Or Desai after she's spent the day with his missus?

Completely dysfunctional.

Where is the will to win? To strive to be the best they can? Where is the pressure to perform? From the owners, to the manager to the players there is a no blame culture.

I'm afraid it is going to be a rapid decline

It's all a bit surreal. I still can't wrap my head around what is actually happenning.

18 months ago Rovers were a steady mid table Premiership team. 17 months ago Venkys fired the bloke who was presiding over that. 12 months ago his replacement (a coach with no managerial experience) guides Rovers to safety on the last day of the season.

6 months ago it was obvious to the deputy CEO that relegation was a distinct possibility as Rovers were bottom of the table at Christmas, so he emails Venkys with his thoughts on how to fix it. This letter is ignored by Venkys, allegedly makes it to the manager, is "leaked" by someone othe than the person who wrote it, then is kept on ice.

Woeful Rovers are relegated on Monday, on Tuesday the letter then comes into the public domain. 24 hours later Venkys fire the letter writer. During this tumultous time Rovers have a press conference to tlak about a deads rubber against Chelsea. The manager waffles on ad nauseum, and no questions are allowed to be asked about the letter or the then rumoured sacking.

Have I got it right?

Something is rotten. Very rotten. By the time it all shakes out Rovers are likely to be a league 1 club with 9,000 fans.

Surely they would pay him a settlement for sacking him? So not exactly saving money.

Plus I am now assuming that by removing him they are making his job redundant.

I hope the rest now leave...

• Backroom

They really must think we are thick

Whats the betting we see another cheap inexperienced replacement, my bet is Vineeth Rao with Newsham stepping up

That last bits a joke by the way

Surely they would pay him a settlement for sacking him? So not exactly saving money.

Plus I am now assuming that by removing him they are making his job redundant.

I hope the rest now leave...

Depends, SAS,

The V's have probably tried to sack him, without having to pay any compensation or other payments. In fact I'm almost sure that their 1st concern would’ve been to make sure they didn’t have to pay Hunt anything.

Let’s not forget they have known about the email since December!

As I said earlier in the thread; Venkys will probably be delighted to have an excuse to sack Hunt, to save on a wage etc.

They may even have instigated the leak.

They really must think we are thick

They obviously do. They certainly dont care about ANYTHING! :angry2:

That statement - 1 line!- is a disgrace and an outrage! I've never seen anything like it! :angry:

Depends, SAS,

As I said earlier in the thread; Venkys will probably be delighted to have an excuse to sack Hunt,

"He wrote the e-mail that got leaked by person(s) undisclosed and which has embarrassed us" ... pretty shoddy excuse in my book.

from an article in the mail

Breaking his silence on Hunt's email to Venky's, claiming he had lost the crowd and the dressing room after December's 2-1 home defeat by Bolton, Kean said: 'I've only just found out about it. I don't really want to go into it, but I am disappointed, if that is what actually happened. I haven't read it, but I know it is out there, and people are telling me bits of it.

The owners didn't mention the email to me, but if they were dismissive of it straightaway, it just shows you that the content and detail of it was not going to happen. Maybe it wasn't even worth speaking about.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2141894/Steve-Kean-Venkys-going-Hunt-crisis-gets-worse.html#ixzz1uRbspdjT

so he hasnt seen or read the letter, is that another porky ?

99.99% confidence that this is a complete pack of lies.

I'm 100% confidant that it is just another lie from the scottish ###### Philip. It's a massive Porky!

His lies are now so easy to prove. What can't speak can't lie...... From the same bloody paper too! Note the date.. 29/Jan/12.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2093381/Steve-Kean-survived-plot-sack-Blackburn-Rovers.html

Kinda throws a certain journo from the People into the equation too.. :huh: I'd bet my mortgage that old Nicko was alongside The Fat Controller on Keans fwd list.

Never mind Coco as a nickname ... It should be Billy Liar from now on.

Archived