BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt sacked

If this is true he has no ability to Sue them unfortunately. No employment rights until after the first year.

This is correct, if Hunt's tenure is less than a year then he has no right to claim unfair dismissal. The even better news for Venky's is since the 6th April that limit has now increased to 2 years!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cue Rev Blue, Topman and Hughesy saying that the sacking is a hoax. :rolleyes:

My scepticism wasn't any sort of 'all is well' delusion. I simply found it hard to believe a CEO (or deputy CEO) could write such sloppy-ass letter. kthnxbai.

A media interview was done this morning regarding the leaked letter. Shortly after this, the news of his dismissal began to break. I contacted them to warn them before they aired it, her response was "we have just been made aware and have been invited to a press conference at 1.30 this afternoon"

This press conference was already arranged yesterday afternoon and I believe is the normal Thursday pre-match press conference. Overheard arrangements for it when at Brockhall yesterday for the Reserve game.

This press conference was already arranged yesterday afternoon and I believe is the normal Thursday pre-match press conference. Overheard arrangements for it when at Brockhall yesterday for the Reserve game.

Strange how it's Wednesday today then ;)

This is correct, if Hunt's tenure is less than a year then he has no right to claim unfair dismissal. The even better news for Venky's is since the 6th April that limit has now increased to 2 years!

Confusion here---tenure of a permanent employee should not be confused with anyone on a contract. Contract is binding at law. You can tear up the contract if you like but you must pay out the full amount specified.

However if you're employed on a contract your employment ends when the contract runs out.

all the media at the conference at 1:30 should be asking every question possible OTHER than football, get it recorded and out on everyones screens, let the country see Kean squirm in his seat the pr!!!ck!!!

As if Goebbels- sorry, Agnew, will allow that.

Another night of the long knives. I compared the management and owners to Nazi's last week. I have seen nothing since to do anything other than confirm it. I doo hope it will end similarly soon with a number of smouldering bodies in a rolled up carpet.

The Alsation gets it first!

all the media at the conference at 1:30 should be asking every question possible OTHER than football, get it recorded and out on everyones screens, let the country see Kean squirm in his seat the pr!!!ck!!!

I hope the media go in with all guns blazing and tear the b0110cks to the shreds.

Strange how it's Wednesday today then ;)

Good point :blush: However, whatever the conference is about it was planned yesterday. Kean and Agnew were stood side-by-side throughout the Reserve match. I assumed they were discussing the latest chapter for the book that Kean will no doubt bring out!

I put SSN on earlier and seen Sky Sources: Blackburn sack.. and for a millisecond I thought yes at last, then reality hit as it said Paul Hunt.

Venky's finally sack somebody and it's the wrong man, so has he been dismissed because they think that he leaked the letter, if he has been sacked for having the balls to suggest that Kean is useless and needs replacing then surely he would of been sacked back in Dec when it was written.

As if Goebbels- sorry, Agnew, will allow that.

They should ignore him and ask away. If Steve Kean refuses to answer questions the press should just continue ask the same questions and ask him why he won't answer the question. If Agnew pulls the conference, then it will be a PR disaster.

This is all in a perfect world of course.

Isnt that the normal press conference that had been scheduled previously?

All the questions will be vetted and related to the final match, the team morale (fantastic!) etc. What journalists really want to know will be off the table. Indeed it will be the normal press conference!

It goes to show what a complete joke our owners are that when Paul Hunt now over an email he sent in December they didn't sack him, but sack him now after the email comes out and embarrasses them even further.

If this is true he has no ability to Sue them unfortunately. No employment rights until after the first year.

I think you will find you are incorrect here.

He will have had a fixed term contract and unless he has been sacked for Gross Misconduct which is most unlikely, he will be compensated after signing the usual NDA !!!

Shows beyond doubt that Steve Kean is intertwind in the Venkys set up, and footballing reasons play no part what so ever in him being appointed and continue to be manager of Blackburn.

Ive lost all respect for everything there is at Rovers from the Owners, the manager and the players. What left is there to support?

All the questions will be vetted and related to the final match, the team morale (fantastic!) etc. What journalists really want to know will be off the table. Indeed it will be the normal press conference!

Is there anything to stop a journalist asking an unvetted question ?

• Backroom

Perfect time for the media to ask tough questions

It's not like they will be banned as the national media won't be there next season anyway

Well then , the e mail was genuine (so all doubting Thomases should be quiet)..

It proves to me that the odious Kean is implicated , right up to his neck !!!!

Interesting to see how the press view this , things could really hot up for Venkys , all publicity is good publicity (so we are led to believe) let us see what Messrs Blackburn ,Harris ,Winter et al have to say ..

Mr Hunt , I wrote to you in November (so did many others), saying Kean should be sacked ..I got the token reply from Lindsay Talbot ..

I thought , you were protecting your own interests , I was wrong and I salute you for having the courage to stand up and tell the world the TRUTH about the goings on and deliberate relegation of BLACKBURN ROVERS ...

It goes to show what a complete joke our owners are that when Paul Hunt now over an email he sent in December they didn't sack him, but sack him now after the email comes out and embarrasses them even further.

What's even more of a joke is that he was completely right too!

He got it right, they got it wrong, he gets sacked.

Alan Myers from Sky is a joke. He is at Brockhall to report on whether or not Hunt has been sacked and he starts rhyming off reason's why Kean isn't to blame for relegation, going on about Bolton game in December, name dropping Kean's mate Fergie and trotting out the same old Kean has shown great dignity claptrap. It's like they are reading it from a script. Seriously.

Archived