BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] only 5% of ex season ticket holders renew

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my great worry with the boycott (I'm not knocking anybody before I get set upon)

It is a fact of life that when most fans give up their ST, they get out the habit and 'only 5%' ever return.

I fear the crowds of 20k+ we've sustained for 20 years will never come back.

It is a fact of life that when most fans give up their ST, they get out the habit and 'only 5%' ever return.

I fear the crowds of 20k+ we've sustained for 20 years will never come back.

But why would we bother? We are sick of corruption, tired of being patronised and completely disenchanted with being treated like pariahs instead of the passionate, loyal and committed supporters that we truly are. Until there is 'regime change' on a grand scale, the thought of being associated with the Rovers as it stands, is just too painful to contemplate.

For the long suffering, hard working employees associated with the Club I used to know, I wish you well.

To the lying, cheating, corrupt and incompetent idiots who have systematically destroyed my once favourite pass-time, you can rot in hell.

:rover:

If ,somehow , proper new owners came in soon and pleaded with the fan base to support them and renew season tickets, there would be queues around the block.

I agree with that, I'd certainly be part of that queue Wiggy and I know plenty more also. But I think Matty makes a good point, once you get out of the habit its hard to get fans back, this travesty can't go on for much longer without having a detrimental impact of the fans base.

I have cancelled my season ticket within the 14 day cooling off period. I am only going to go to away matches next season whilst that bafoon is the manager and those idiots are the owners. If they sacked Kean next week and installed a decent replacement then I will buy tickets on match days, until then I am not stepping foot into Ewood again.

Henry Winter said yesterday 6,000 season tickets been sold at early bird price. Can anybody else see that being true?

Well it fits with the club's press release, with what we were told at the Fans Forum and most relevantly with the poll on this very site. 40% said they had renewed and guess what 40% of 15,000 is?

including me

Not sure I'd queue round the block - more likely buy one on line, but I'd be back. I can always think of something else to do on Saturdays, but nothing quite compares to going to the match and there's nothing most matchdays that can't wait.

Well it fits with the club's press release, with what we were told at the Fans Forum and most relevantly with the poll on this very site. 40% said they had renewed and guess what 40% of 15,000 is?

ticket office reckoned 2000 before youth match!!

If ,somehow , proper new owners came in soon and pleaded with the fan base to support them and renew season tickets, there would be queues around the block.

Not from me wiggy. I'd buy individual tickets and bundles until I'd sussed out their intentions. 2 pieces of old fashioned wisdom apply.... 'Look before you leap', and 'once bitten twice shy'. ;)

Is it me or are people misunderstanding the statistic quoted in the thread header? The quoted statistic relates to an observation made in December concerning historic renewal patterns for ex-season ticket holders. This has very little relevance to current sales figures (which by the way I have heard from a source in the ticket office now top 7000).

Is it me or are people misunderstanding the statistic quoted in the thread header? The quoted statistic relates to an observation made in December concerning historic renewal patterns for ex-season ticket holders. This has very little relevance to current sales figures (which by the way I have heard from a source in the ticket office now top 7000).

Are they on wacky backy ?

Are they on wacky backy ?

Hey ... don't shoot the messenger ... I don't usually stray into the world of speculation ... but I do trust my source on this one.

Have tickets even been on sale since they were reported at 6000 by a few people?

No. Tickets were taken off-sale when the early bird offer ended.

Hey ... don't shoot the messenger ... I don't usually stray into the world of speculation ... but I do trust my source on this one.

No prob's - just find it totally bemusing that 'sources' within the ticket office have stated 2,000 & 7,000 within a couple of days.

As I've said on a number of times recently, there are, IMO, games other than football being played inside Ewood Park. And it's little wonder with all the pressure and worry they must be under thanks to our eccentric owners.

I'll stick with the 2,750 to 3,000 range.

Archived