SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] only 5% of ex season ticket holders renew

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't surprising, I expect hundreds to seek refunds:

Northern Rover‏@Northern_Rover

I was adamant that Kean would not drive me away from the club, but Keanochio you won, just got my s/t refunded, don't want any part of this.

Was not an easy decision as I have hardly missed a home game in 20 years, but this is not the club I have supported all my life.

Lady I talked to said almost all calls they have got in last week have been about S/T refunds. Without the fans there is no club.

Every week that passes more and more of the 'reluctant renewers' must be having massive regrets. Nothing ever comes out of Ewood these days that doesn't have the putrid stench of corruption hanging over it.

Every pound spent is faciliting the destruction of our football club imo.

Unfortunately on the other side of the coin every pound not spent is facilitating the destruction of our football club. :(

of the 12 - 15 friends that iattend ewood with , every one has renewed

Of the 4 that I attend with and a few others I speak to regularly including one that has a several thousand pound corporate package, no-one has renewed.

The season just passed is the 1st time in 32 years I have not seen Rovers. I will quite happily attend again regardless of the league we are in when this current mob have gone. In the mean time I am heading to Wembley on Sunday to cheer for my local team Cheltenham. A warm, friendly local club. Remember those days?

The season just passed is the 1st time in 32 years I have not seen Rovers. I will quite happily attend again regardless of the league we are in when this current mob have gone. In the mean time I am heading to Wembley on Sunday to cheer for my local team Cheltenham. A warm, friendly local club. Remember those days?

My mate (ex Darrener) lives in Cheltenham and is also going on Sunday. He has made a Kean & Venkys out banner and he has promised to try and get a Kean/Venkys chant out going.

I'm tempted to renew just so I can give that bald prick 90 minutes of ######.

That'll hardly be very effective from the Riverside will it Boner? Unless of course you have bought a miniature loudspeaker that you can smuggle in every week. :rolleyes:

i am so torn about whether or not to renew.

I go to the games with my grown up kids and nephew and that is always good to have everyone together and the journey up is always filled with pre match nerves/excitement and some good laughs.

Being in the darwen end over the last 2 seasons has renewed my passion for going to games and that! moment when the teams come onto the pitch is one of the best feelings... anticipation and hope coursing through me.

More often than not the 2 hour journey home is a complete downer and everything that was good is replaced by anger and despondency and defeat. But hope springs and the after a few days i am ready for the next game.

Unfortunately, this season has been had lots of downsides that have taken the pleasure out of going... from being filmed at nearly every game by the police (i remember city at home where there was about 40 of us in the corner of the jack walker and the police were stood in front of us filming us the whole match whilst the 5000 city fans were left alone) to.having to ser that **nt kean stood on the sidelines, clueless and as the season progressed he decided to stand in a more prominent position just to show us how hard he was. *anker.

I hoped the demonstrations would have a culminative effect but it would seem that ship has long sailed and we are stuck with kean and his cohorts running the show.

And that is the rub for me... i just can't get past seeing that cancerous growth stood on the sidelines, i can't stand to hear the diarrhoea that comes from his mouth, i can't allow myself to be brought down by his ineptitude and mismanagement.

It would've been a start for me if the indians had sacked him, if they actually did anything! but their game is still as mysterious as it was when they bought us.

Sorry to of written for so long, just trying to get all of this out of me.

i am so torn about whether or not to renew.

I go to the games with my grown up kids and nephew and that is always good to have everyone together and the journey up is always filled with pre match nerves/excitement and some good laughs.

Being in the darwen end over the last 2 seasons has renewed my passion for going to games and that! moment when the teams come onto the pitch is one of the best feelings... anticipation and hope coursing through me.

More often than not the 2 hour journey home is a complete downer and everything that was good is replaced by anger and despondency and defeat. But hope springs and the after a few days i am ready for the next game.

Unfortunately, this season has been had lots of downsides that have taken the pleasure out of going... from being filmed at nearly every game by the police (i remember city at home where there was about 40 of us in the corner of the jack walker and the police were stood in front of us filming us the whole match whilst the 5000 city fans were left alone) to.having to ser that **nt kean stood on the sidelines, clueless and as the season progressed he decided to stand in a more prominent position just to show us how hard he was. *anker.

I hoped the demonstrations would have a culminative effect but it would seem that ship has long sailed and we are stuck with kean and his cohorts running the show.

And that is the rub for me... i just can't get past seeing that cancerous growth stood on the sidelines, i can't stand to hear the diarrhoea that comes from his mouth, i can't allow myself to be brought down by his ineptitude and mismanagement.

It would've been a start for me if the indians had sacked him, if they actually did anything! but their game is still as mysterious as it was when they bought us.

Sorry to of written for so long, just trying to get all of this out of me.

You sum up really well what most of us feel though. It didn't previously matter getting beat in that it would make you feel bad for a while but as you said, hope is one thing fans have plenty of and the next game, even if it was a likely lose, always gave us the hope of a good performance ot something to cheer us. at the moment there is nothing to cheer apart from a decent goal once in a while. there is no moment when you feel we've done enough and will clearly see the match out to a win. even being 3-0 up wouldn't have you feeling safe at the moment because you know Kean will make an idiotic substitution and the game will be on a knife edge again. And whilst that's exciting, so often this season it has been annoying and frustrating because we've thrown away games and lost points and all so unecessarily. We too used to go to Rovers as a family - my husband and myself and whichever of the kids could get there, sometimes just one, sometimes 2 or 3 of them. We've taken friends with us to matches too, but who in the current situation wants to say to friends "Come to Rovers with us" The sight of Kean on the touchline and his postmatch interviews which are almost impossible to avoid, the sight of his silly, grinning face is enough to ruin your weekend on its own, but then, coming after a loss that probably shouldn't have happened, it makes you so angry and almost ill with frustration. Would still like to go and support Rovers, but can't put ourselves through that every weekend - found that towards the end of the season I was still furiously angry on Monday morning and that is too much anger for anyone to put up with on a regular basis.

Would still like to go and support Rovers, but can't put ourselves through that every weekend - found that towards the end of the season I was still furiously angry on Monday morning and that is too much anger for anyone to put up with on a regular basis.

That also hits the nail right on the head. In years gone by after games you would go to work on Monday and talk with colleagues, e.g. that wasn't a penalty, offside, etc. No it's all about Coco and the ruination of our Club. I don't know if I can take another season. I'd sort of half calmed down after the Club released no information following Coco's return from India and then saw the Rao interview on SSN. Not sure my blood pressure can take much more, I have had to cut down some of my contacts on Twitter, stop looking at this site so much and reading the Sports News feeds. I kept ranting about the situation at work and, although my colleagues understand, they've started to give me some 'you should start to let this go' looks!

I have renewed, its ok saying your not going next season, but if any fan is like me and come start of august I will be dying to go on Rovers to watch the first game. Won't matter if team is gash and manager is a bell end, I know my fix of Rovers will be there.

Archived