BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] only 5% of ex season ticket holders renew

5,6,7 thousand, it makes no difference. It's still a massive decline in less than 2 seasons. With the current mess I can't see that many more buying in summer (some will).

Fact is if Kean was removed, I know a lot of people who would renew straight away (I'm one of them). If Venkys were to go as well, that number would be even higher.

Instant value for new buyers.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Hey ... don't shoot the messenger ... I don't usually stray into the world of speculation ... but I do trust my source on this one.

No. Tickets were taken off-sale when the early bird offer ended.

I thought the numbers quoted of 2-3k seemed too low but I have no source or no info on the matter.

Weirdly everyone I seemed to ask at ewood said they had renewed with a look of 'I don't know why'

I would have probably been the same if my dad wanted to renew

I thought the numbers quoted of 2-3k seemed too low but I have no source or no info on the matter.

Weirdly everyone I seemed to ask at ewood said they had renewed with a look of 'I don't know why'

I would have probably been the same if my dad wanted to renew

Of all the people I know who are Rovers fans I only know two who have admitted to not renewing ... and both of them said they would, but that they just hadn't got round to it yet. Our ten were renewed as soon as the forms arrived. In addition I know a lad who has bought one who has never had one before. This is just my personal experience and i admit does sound at odds with other people's experiences on here.

Of all the people I know who are Rovers fans I only know two who have admitted to not renewing ... and both of them said they would, but that they just hadn't got round to it yet. Our ten were renewed as soon as the forms arrived. In addition I know a lad who has bought one who has never had one before. This is just my personal experience and i admit does sound at odds with other people's experiences on here.

Makes a change.

You make it sound like all's well mate..

You must know an odd cross section of Rovers fans, or perhaps i do, because, as i said it's 2 renewed and 7 not among the people i know. the guys who sit behind me were 50/50(one was renewing, the other wasn't)

Is there an "away days only" club? The majority of ST holders I know have not renewed & now we're Championship away days are cheaper compared to OT, Emirates etc.

For now this seems a more attractive option unless the new owner situation develops!

No, but a good number of us are doing away games only next season to support our Team......until the chicken people and Coco have gone.

Is there an "away days only" club? The majority of ST holders I know have not renewed & now we're Championship away days are cheaper compared to OT, Emirates etc.

For now this seems a more attractive option unless the new owner situation develops!

Definitely more of an option for me,and the lad gets to visit some more away grounds.

Is it me or are people misunderstanding the statistic quoted in the thread header? The quoted statistic relates to an observation made in December concerning historic renewal patterns for ex-season ticket holders. This has very little relevance to current sales figures (which by the way I have heard from a source in the ticket office now top 7000).

They should give 'em a free trip to India as part of the season ticket...

You know us ES, and all 5 of us will not be renewing this time round, so add us to your list please.

7000?

Doesn't sound like a lot but when you think about it it's scandalous.

7000 individuals who want to bend over and tell Venky's 'Please, sir, may I have another?'

I'd imagine quite a lot will be returned should Kean remain at the club.

My mother and father aren't renewing and my son and l aren't renewing. We have put the season ticket money away to visit a few away games. Going to Yorkshire games next season. After having (I believe her name is Caroline) some steward point out Rovers fans holding banners up like we were convicted killers in the Darwen End, l will not set foot in Ewood until Kean, Venky's and Newsham (and his tart) have all gone.

My parents , uncle and 4 people who sit with them in jack walker upper are all not renewing. Nothing to do with championship as they have had season tickets for 30+ years.

They will return when kean is gone.

My mother and father aren't renewing and my son and l aren't renewing. We have put the season ticket money away to visit a few away games. Going to Yorkshire games next season. After having (I believe her name is Caroline) some steward point out Rovers fans holding banners up like we were convicted killers in the Darwen End, l will not set foot in Ewood until Kean, Venky's and Newsham (and his tart) have all gone.

In fairness to John Newsham, he has bosses like we all do at work and he must comply with the owners wishes.

John has always been as leniant as he can be in the barriers of his employment, and i'd be very disappointed if he was replaced as part of the cull at Ewood. We are running out of people at ewood who can make a difference, and John is one of the last of the old rearguard

the figures don't add up - bar the Kean backers on here - speak to most Rovers fans and none are renewing which are more majority than what appear to be on here.

Must just be a certain section mesmerised.

I go with a party of four none have renewed, with kean out we would all renew,imo fans would soon return(kean gone)

with some good results even in the championship.live in yorkshire so some good away games who thinks we will have the best away following in the championship,kean out on tuesday god willing

Archived