BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agnew will ony be appearing because he will be able to control the questions and come out with all the usual bu11sh1t. For emaple lets forget the past, what's gone has gone, exciting times ahead, we are really positive, Steve is the man to lead us forward etc. I could write the script now.

This is another part of their fightback against the success of the BRFC Action Group and their meetings with the football authorities.

The most interesting point is that Agnew split the fanbase into groups.

- 10% will attend no matter what.

- 10% will not attend and can't be won over.

- 80% are there to be won over. He believes once Rovers win games and are happy with the signings that a great deal of the 80% may come back.

I was expecting to hear the 'minority' word, it wasn't mentioned but by separating the fan base into groups it's clear the club think it's just a minority that won't come back. We must have some really fickle fans if that is indeed the case…

So we've gone from the widely respected Finn/Williams/Goodman running the club to Shebby Singh/Derek Shaw/Agnew

League 1 here we come.

In keeping Kean on it shows that the owners and 'Directors' don't care one bit about the fans (or the success of the club).

"communication with supporters is key" Its as if he wasn't at the club last season!

Well at least he was asked the questions on BBC Lancashire, whether he answered them is another matter. Complete delusion to believe that Rovers can win back fans by results on the pitch, the level of hostility is way beyond that now. For Steve Kean to turn around his managerial career he would have to achieve a miracle of two years unbeaten, plus all the off field stuff would never make him acceptable to supporters.

I thought at one stage he agreed that Steve was doing the role of Chaiman, Chief Executive and Manager but I'll have to wait for iplayer to listen more carefully. Total waste of 40 minutes but interesting to hear nevertheless. Get writing your emails to Paul Agnew, he won't answer all of them but you'll officially get an automated response. Bravo

The most interesting point is that Agnew split the fanbase into groups.

- 10% will attend no matter what.

- 10% will not attend and can't be won over.

- 80% are there to be won over. He believes once Rovers win games and are happy with the signings that a great deal of the 80% may come back.

I was expecting to hear the 'minority' word, it wasn't mentioned but by separating the fan base into groups it's clear the club think it's just a minority that won't come back. We must have some really fickle fans if that is indeed the case…

That made me laugh admitting on Radio that Rovers have lost 90% of the supporters and believing that they will come back in a few weeks regretting that they haven't bought season tickets.

I urge all of those who declared that they wont return while Kean is there to hold firm.

Agnew's almost flippant response to 'winning over the fans' needs to come back and bite him hard on the arse.

"we've signed 2 experienced players this week in Best and Murphy"

Yes, but we've lost Yakubu, Salgado, Hoillet, Robinson (soon), Ollson (soon), Nzonzi (inevitably)

I don't know what his point was?

Just hot air to try to pull the wool over fans' eyes and buy ST's - don't do it until the lot of them go!

He is one of those middle aged BS merchnats that bores the pants off everyone in the boozer. Small time man for a now small time club.

ps He wasn't asked the ONLY question that mattered though, was he?

I think he was asked a question that was more of a statement hinting that the fans wanted to see a change of manager, he certainly didn't answer it or wasn't pressed for an answer. Which was sad.

To be honest any question that needed a proper answer was covered over by the word "positive" or by telling us how much of a supporter he was. How long he had been going to Ewood etc

He also confirmed that he got Shaw his job. He also confirmed that his current position is due to being Kean's mate.

Kena will in due course chew Agnew and spit out his balls.

Kean or a certain agent own or part own the club ????

Has anyone ever come out and openly denied this rumour? I've never personally believed it but surely at some point someone should clarify it, if it isn't true why isn't it being shouted from the rooftops?

Not sure which is the correct topic but here goes. Am in London today and reading the Evening Standard in a pub. Two page article on the new Ruskie owner of Reading. Headlines are ' The League were wary of me after trouble at Blackburn' . On page 57 amongst other things the Ruskie states 'the impression I got was that Scudamore and the Premier League were concerned about the Blackburn experience. They wanted to know whether an agent had any control over Reading'. Stinks

Not sure which is the correct topic but here goes. Am in London today and reading the Evening Standard in a pub. Two page article on the new Ruskie owner of Reading. Headlines are ' The League were wary of me after trouble at Blackburn' . On page 57 amongst other things the Ruskie states 'the impression I got was that Scudamore and the Premier League were concerned about the Blackburn experience. They wanted to know whether an agent had any control over Reading'. Stinks

Interesting that London Standard Link talks about him being introduced to Everton by a Swiss financier who also introduced him to Reading. Then by Googling his name we reach good old Wikipedia which brings up some familiar names.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/interviews/reading-owner-anton-zingarevich-premier-league-were-wary-of-me-after-trouble-at-blackburn-7906002.html

Archived