BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

As the supporters have been quiet for a number of weeks, we was considering issueing a press release and asking people especially on BRFCS what sort of things we should stick in it. Been a lot of spin coming out of Ewood, and at present we have all remained silent, so perhaps this is an avenue we should explore?

defo time ..its time to get at the scumdogs again.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The owners and their associates are living in fear, they are obviously worried about something, all this transfer activity and the employing of an MD, Secretary, Chief Exec etc is all to try and disguise the fact that things are really wrong at Rovers.

Indeed, Balajis interview, he said 'We havent done anything wrong' without even a prompting is not disimilar to the Burglar who when visited by Police about another matter said 'Have you come about the Burglary'?

Yes. Naughty kids do it at school too. " X, come here" "It wasn't me, Miss" "What wasn't you? I only wanted to give you this receipt/note/merit"

I think it is important not to pretend everything is normal again. IMO, certain individuals were rattled with the anger/public discontent from fans last season. Even better if Agnew will be present at matches, being a close pal of Keans, he deserves all the abuse he gets.

The owners and their associates are living in fear, they are obviously worried about something, all this transfer activity and the employing of an MD, Secretary, Chief Exec etc is all to try and disguise the fact that things are really wrong at Rovers.

Indeed, Balajis interview, he said 'We havent done anything wrong' without even a prompting is not disimilar to the Burglar who when visited by Police about another matter said 'Have you come about the Burglary'?

So all this activity doesnt change my thoughts on the owners, senior employees at the club and the numpty Kean!

Murphy and possibly Best are decent signings, at least they would be with a different manager in charge but as my wife said and she knows nothing about football, why didnt they get these players last year? Its common sense to most people, probably is for the owners too, that leaves the remaining option and in my opinion, a corrupt club which is now living in fear of the meetings with the PL and the FA etc. So I will say this to the owners, Agnew, Kean and Shaw, be very careful, there is much more known than you think and its only a matter of time before it all comes to light!

Maybe they are just trying to get their arses into gear 18 months too late?

"I believe that if the team is good and off the pitch is poor, off the pitch is considered to be good. Also, if the team is poor but off the pitch is good then off the pitch is considered to be poor. It's as simple as that." :blink:

That's an extract from the Partri, sorry, Agnew interview in the LT. I haven't time to go into further details. Although "Personally, I felt the level of hostility that got through to the pitch crossed the line on what might be considered to be acceptable" was of course mentioned.

"I believe that if the team is good and off the pitch is poor, off the pitch is considered to be good. Also, if the team is poor but off the pitch is good then off the pitch is considered to be poor. It's as simple as that." :blink:

That's an extract from the Partri, sorry, Agnew interview in the LT. I haven't time to go into further details. Although "Personally, I felt the level of hostility that got through to the pitch crossed the line on what might be considered to be acceptable" was of course mentioned.

If you ever wondered where Kean gets his material from :blink:

So like Bates on Radio Lancs, Cryer has just let him waffle the exact same PR Man flannel ?

Both radio Lancashire and the Telegraph have been pretty vocal over the past 6 months in condemning the goings on at Ewood, you have to wonder why they feel the need to allow Agnew column inches to rattle of the same old nonsense.

Just read the article, what a tool. He goes on about burying the hatchet and then proceeds to stick it in our back at the first opportunity. He talks about not dwelling on the past and then dwells on the past to make a point at our expence. He wants to win hearts and minds by attacking the people in public whos hearts and minds he wants to win. And this bloke is supposed to be a communications expert?

Quote from Agnew "Clearly, there have been mistakes and misjudgements. Now it is how we all deal with the situation. I believe you have got to recognise where things went wrong, address the areas of concern, learn from mistakes and move on."

Obviously not addressed the main factor in our relegation!!

'coming up to date, we have been hovering around relegation for a while, 3 out of the last 5 seasons', is he for real? 2 of those seasons were under kean and before that when sam left we were in midtable, what the fluck is he on about?

Cannot believe what I have just read, totally shocked this club is beyond unbelievable nowadays.

"We are kidding ourselves if we feel we can open the doors and everyone will simply come running back; slowly but surely we have to win everyone back"

So he doesn't believe that the Season Ticket sales would almost double by sacking Steve Kean? He speaks about the 1960s but surely lessons are to be learnt not repeated. He can't even manage to answer the Kean question.

Southampton got a new owner and spent millions to regain Premier League status and amazingly replaced the manager with Alan Pardew then when they lost him appointed an equally impressive Nigel Adkins. There is no comparison at all unless he is comparing us to the bit of history where they fell two divisions and were almost liquidated?

If he was realistic, oh whats the use....

Spoken like a true PR professional, 'positive this positive that' and 'don't dwell on the past look to the future.' I might accept that stance Paul if they club had held up their hands, apologised for relegation and made radical changes to rectify the mistakes of the past so we could look forward to the future. In reality we have gone nowhere and the fans continue to be shat on by the club.

63 days since Rovers were relegated, still no apology to fans.

The Newcastle link was completely laughable, you think Ashley would have stood by a manager that got his team relegated? No chance.

Archived