BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

And if that stupid woman thinks she'll sell any season tickets if they ever go on sale if she puts prices up by 40% then she's even dafter than I thought, and I didn't think that was possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want fans to buy season tickets. Would play on the 1% rubbish kean likes to peddle, fans that turn up will be described as real fans. Then if attendances are permanently low they can cut costs further without having to give excuses. I've now started to second guess their moves in the way of how can we antagonise the fans more.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want fans to buy season tickets. Would play on the 1% rubbish kean likes to peddle, fans that turn up will be described as real fans. Then if attendances are permanently low they can cut costs further without having to give excuses. I've now started to second guess their moves in the way of how can we antagonise the fans more.

Plus those that do attend are more likely to be happy clappy types. I know some on here will argue against this but lets be honest Agnew wants the naughty rabble driven out of Ewood.

As you say buying a season ticket, going to matches does become a habit.

Sadly I do not live in the area so cannot get to as many matches as I would like. Fully understand why folk won't be going, renewing season tickets. But you have raised another point. The staff at ewood - cleaners, ticket office etc, their jobs are relient on money coming into the club, so that their wages are paid. In all the mess that venkys and Kean have created, these staff are innocent of any wrong doing. They need fans to buy tickets, to keep them in a job.

Its not the job of Rovers fans to keep Rovers employees in a job! People are losing jobs all over the place including Rovers fans! What sort of thinking is that?

If people keep buying season-tickets and these idiots continue to pillage the club dry, they'll lose their jobs anyway.

Best chance employees have is with new ownership and all the fans behind them.

Plus those that do attend are more likely to be happy clappy types. I know some on here will argue against this but lets be honest Agnew wants the naughty rabble driven out of Ewood.

I think you'll find they want everyone driven out of Ewood. Who's next? S Hunt? S Patrick? The kit manager?

They'll be quite happy with Kean, Aggers, and no one else. An empty stadium is a complicit stadium. All tranquil. No 1%. No one creating waves.

As for happy clappy types, I doubt it. The guys I go to the match with are all livid. I'm not happy about renewing, I'm still not happy about renewing. We all renewed. We've all stood or sat together since approx 87/88. I started going in 81. These lads in the 70's when they were kids with their Dads. So feck it. I'll say it for the last time - if they wanted you there, if they needed your money, if your money mattered to them just a little bit - they'd be selling season tickets. They don't even bother pretending to give a feck about me or you anymore.

Someone has to give these bstards stick on a match day in an echoey stadium. I respect all Rovers. Renew or not. We're in this sh1t together.

The longer these ridiculous decisions continue, the more the conspiracy theories gather momentum.

In my opinion, it's gone well beyond incompetence and naivety, leaving almost no rational explanations for what has gone on.

Other than money? :huh:

I think you'll find they want everyone driven out of Ewood. Who's next? S Hunt? S Patrick? The kit manager?

They'll be quite happy with Kean, Aggers, and no one else. An empty stadium is a complicit stadium. All tranquil. No 1%. No one creating waves.

As for happy clappy types, I doubt it. The guys I go to the match with are all livid. I'm not happy about renewing, I'm still not happy about renewing. We all renewed. We've all stood or sat together since approx 87/88. I started going in 81. These lads in the 70's when they were kids with their Dads. So feck it. I'll say it for the last time - if they wanted you there, if they needed your money, if your money mattered to them just a little bit - they'd be selling season tickets. They don't even bother pretending to give a feck about me or you anymore.

Someone has to give these bstards stick on a match day in an echoey stadium. I respect all Rovers. Renew or not. We're in this sh1t together.

Fair play to you mate. A half empty stadium can still get nasty as we've seen at the Ricoh. I hope those that do attend matches give the creeps that run our club hell. Ive not renewed S/T but i will be going to Ewood to protest outside. Good luck to those inside with banners, i can see Hong Kong fuey and his mob being very heavy handed.

Does anyone know the rules on stewards man-handling you?

Don't assume that the ground will be full of happy, clappy renewers. All the more reason for the angry brigade to be in the ground and not outside if you follow your logic.

Fair play to you mate. A half empty stadium can still get nasty as we've seen at the Ricoh. I hope those that do attend matches give the creeps that run our club hell. Ive not renewed S/T but i will be going to Ewood to protest outside. Good luck to those inside with banners, i can see Hong Kong fuey and his mob being very heavy handed.

Does anyone know the rules on stewards man-handling you?

StewARDS Are allowed to ask you to leave but unless you refuse or are violent towards them, they are not allowed to lay one finger on you, that would be assault!!

During the season, a lot of people mentioned how Steve Kean's post match interviews seemed to be directed at one person only: Mrs Desai. It seems likely that Kean and Agnew's strategy this summer has been to build on that. In other words, to make her believe that the situation at Ewood Park isn't all that bad and that it's only a minority of fans protesting. Quite aside from the 1% nonsense, remember how Kean continually went on about the countless letters of support he was receiving and the fact that everyone he spoke to in the town was thanking him for what he was trying to... etc.

As such, the key focus of any protest is to get the message across to Mrs Desai that she's being lied to. The quickest and most obvious way to achieve that is through a low take-up of season ticket renewals. You'll remember that someone has already fed the brothers the lie that all the emails are only coming from a few people sending repeats. Presumably a similar explanation has been given for the chanting (a few people shouting really loud).

But an empty Ewood Park can't be explained away.

I don't blame anyone who has renewed. I understand their reasons. But if there is anyone still considering, I strongly urge them not to renew. We need to expose Steve Kean as a liar as quickly as possible. Every month he remains will damage the club more.

Just my opinion, of course.

Anyone know when BoBo the clown returns.. ? Fully expecting all HELL to break loose when he does get back, I can't imagine experienced and respected people like Silk and Hunt wanting to basically work for him, then of course there will be the players handing in their transfer requests (which I guess they can't do until there is actually someone at Ewood who can accept them) and of course staff to replace, announcements about other people leaving and Keans bodyguard to be declared as by far the best candidate they interviewed.

returned from his holiday on Monday but Wont return to work til the beginning of July.

I hope he is well rested and able to apply his self-publicised communication skills and love for Rovers to good effect.

Given his popularity perhaps it was a visit to the plastic surgeons to disguise his features rather than a holiday.

Where does he actually fit into all this.Joking apart we have a new Secretary ,a new Global D...head whose background is media and who will ''run everything from Ewood' and the a General Manager who supposedly reports to Kean.

we even manage to cause mass confusion with just a handful of people.

Vineeth Rao,Simon Hunt, Robert Coar??? are they all toast?? Hopefully is not the correct answer !!!!

Archived