BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

Right, be very very very careful please. I'm taking a lot on trust here

Report any comments you see as harassment or libellous. Remember Paul is a real guy with a family (I assume) and (again I assume) a lawyer. Keep to facts, actually proven facts (for example, I've heard the story of his departure for PNE from dozens of people, but nobody has yet to offer a shred of evidence).

Also, he's not a programme seller (though he does edit it).

Play nice now.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Report any comments you see as harassment or libellous. Remember Paul is a real guy with a family (I assume) and (again I assume) a lawyer. Keep to facts, actually proven facts (for example, I've heard the story of his departure for PNE from dozens of people, but nobody has yet to offer a shred of evidence).

Play nice now.

I know nothing of him before he came to Rovers and very little before this season, but the way he has handled the club's PR this year gives me no faith whatsoever that he would be the right man to take the club forward. that do Glenn.

I choose my words very very carefully when I say Paul Agnew is a scum bag a snake. Someone who has been complicit in venky destruction. He and his family need driving out of town and hope serious harm comes to him. His job is PR which suggests to me he is worse at his job than Kean is at his. Definitely don't need scum like that.

I've voted, and my vote says it all. Are there very strong indications that this has a realistic possibility of happening?

I think this poll will show that we desperately hope not. This on twitter worried me, though:

Andrew Cryer‏@CryerRovers

The kean story in lt also mentions how he will suggest a new chief exec to desai.

2h Glenn Pegden‏@GlennPegden

@CryerRovers I only need one guess who that is :(

This guy wasn't even competent enough to sort out the mascots photographs a couple of years back, so CEO?

“Sod off back to Preston Barry Chuckle, you’re not wanted here by the fans”

In my opinion this is another Kean led move to firm up his already Teflon status at the club. If Venkys sacked Kean I’d consider coming back, but if they put this idiot in as CEO I won’t be coming back until he’s gone also, snake.

:angry:

roversfan83 I think that's just the type of comment Glenn didn't want.

Well we are taking about a man that has along side Venkys has brought rovers to its knees. But as long as glen isn't upset. Time has come to stop pussyfooting round these issues all the time.

Well we are taking about a man that has along side Venkys has brought rovers to its knees. But as long as glen isn't upset. Time has come to stop pussyfooting round these issues all the time.

TBF, I think Glenn is just trying to save you from a phone call from Agnew's solicitor.

To think of him occupying the same role that John Williams once held is truly disgusting.

Spot on Topman.

Let nobody underestimate this mans contribution to the current mess, IMO he's almost as culpable as Kean himself

I need to calm down, its not even happened yet and I'm on the bloody ceiling :angry:

I think this poll will show that we desperately hope not. This on twitter worried me, though:

Andrew Cryer‏@CryerRovers

The kean story in lt also mentions how he will suggest a new chief exec to desai.

2h Glenn Pegden‏@GlennPegden

@CryerRovers I only need one guess who that is :(

It's nothing less of an effin disgrace that the despicable character that is Steve Kean is in any position to suggest who is to be appointed as new CEO/deputy CEO.

As for Paul Agnew, I'd rather have Pol Pot.

Play nice now.

Forgive me if I am wrong but does his business partnership PAPR not actually produce the matchday programme (not the actual printing of it but the production of it)? This is a hell of a lot more cost wise then just editing it. My link

It could be argued that Mr Agnew is acting in the best interests of his clients. In that situation you could probably say he has done a fantastic job, especially in maintaining Steve Kean in a good light with the media - possibly with a little help from his contacts. I'll stick my neck out and assume he is not a Rovers fan at heart and is simply doing his job.

It may even be that with owners who clearly had the success of Blackburn Rovers (as a football club) at heart, he could be an asset: JW had him on board so he must have done something right.

However...

Too much has happened at the club for such an appointment to be a positive and promoting him into a CEO (or deputy) role is simply not what the club needs - i.e. more inexperience. Also, there is no trust from fans in the current regime and I don't see how this would build any bridges.

It would also be interesting to see the reaction of the extant board members if he was promoted above them.

The whole club needs gutting and starting over. Mr Agnew has played his part in the relegation of our club and I can't see past that. Sorry.

It's a ludicrous question. Paul Agnew CEO of rovers. Hell no. Wouldn't trust him to look after a jelly let alone a football club considering job he's currently doing for brfc with PUBLIC RELATIONS. Which think everyone would agree is at an all time low.

It's up there with ridiculous questions like should McDonald's look after your cow, should Adolf hitler be in charge of the local synagogue, should I go on a killing spree, should I drown a box of puppies, do we want Burnley to win the premier league. A big NOOOOOOO to them all by the way.

Unless Agnew himself comes on here no one in their right mind would vote yes.

Forgive me if I am wrong but does his business partnership PAPR not actually produce the matchday programme (not the actual printing of it but the production of it)? This is a hell of a lot more cost wise then just editing it. My link

Sorry, what I meant was, a number of people refer to him as a "programme seller" and that's is a gross misrepresentation of what he does.

CEO "your havin a lauff" no!. Oh dear, the titanic had more chance of not hitting the bottom.

Those two in charge of on/off field policy does not bare thinking about, i wonder if KS is backing this move, (mooted herself in the last few weeks to be CEO by some) was Kean not at Ewood the same night as the alleged emergency board meeting.

Did anyone see him watching the Academy lads?.

Archived