BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We must ask ourselves two simple questions:

1) Is it something the fans would want?

2) Is it in the best interests of the club?

If both answers are a resounding NO, expect Paul Agnew - Chief Executive Officer at a Rovers near you soon!

Here's Aggers website PAPR. Note who gave the Rovers quote, everyone else gave their name.

Other than what we know, as Glenn has posted, thats about it. Unremarkable is the word. Hardly the stuff to enable himself to become CEO of a Premier League Football Club IMO.

The quote was from John Williams and was mentioned in a thread on BRFCS about 4 weeks ago where it still gave credit to John Williams above the quote.

No doubt will be replaced in due course with glowing praise from Stevie for all Aggers work this year in preserving his dignity.

Interesting the website still claims to produce a Premier League Magazine , which club is that for Aggers? Fast changing world of PR always on the ball

For anybody unsure of who Agnew is , think of the Simpson's, Kean - Mr Burns and Agnew - Smithers.

I've been doing some research for an article and I have to say, the PNE fans genuinely love him He was chief exec at North End when they got rid of the plastic pitch, he wrote a very well received book n Tom Finney and his work as the PNE correspondent of the LEP was highly regarded by them.

So you are saying Blackburn Rovers' CEO elect has Preston North End's best interests at heart.

Not making me feel any better. :(

It's a moot point for me whoever venkys appoint as CEO.

The incoming CEO will be just as "impotent" as Hunt and bring no change to how the club is being run under venkys.

Venkys will appoint somebody completely out of their depth and unqualified because any competent person would either get sacked or walk. Sound familiar?

I've been doing some research for an article and I have to say, the PNE fans genuinely love him He was chief exec at North End when they got rid of the plastic pitch, he wrote a very well received book n Tom Finney and his work as the PNE correspondent of the LEP was highly regarded by them.

And the reason he isn't at or associated with PNE anymore...?

I think anyone suggested by old knob 'ead as a candidate for the job of representing the club at the highest levels, is likely to be a person of very, very questionable character..... which is why I fear any news coming out of the club at this time.

As for Agnew, he might have worthy credentials for PNE, but what exactly is his proposition for Blackburn Rovers?

Paul Agnew has been around the Rovers for many years and his agency has had the club as a steady income stream. He says he has always been a fan of the Robers having been brought as a young child.

His background is journalism and he was, I think, the sports reporter on the LEP hence his connections with PNE. He was CEO at PNE long time ago when very few clubs had that role. I don't think that lasted for a long time.

He is close to Steve Kean and is usually in attendance when Kean is anywhere near the press and has acted as his 'minder' when he has been at Radio Lancs.

On the positive front, he does know the Rovers, the area and has a close relationship with Kean. The latter is probably as big a negative.

On the negative side, he has not demonstrated any of the business acumen that you need to run a football club although he might point to running his small business and his brief time at PNE.

I have met him a number of times over the last 20 years and he is civil but also someone who measures what he says to you, fairly typical of someone who runs a small, local PR business.

I voted no, not the right experience, lacks the gravitas, unlikely to generate the trust and respect needed for a CEO. I believe he would be taking the post for his own career and not for the love of the Rovers - all my opinion only and I could be wrong.

Finally, his close links with Steve Kean might be a positive for Mrs Desai (and he would be cheap as a Venkys representative) it would be catastrophic for the fans. I would also question his sanity as he would have to move away from the area,

No!

An excellent, well thought out post Roversider.

However, I will again point to his remit as PR rep and ask what would his likely remit be as Deputy CEO?

Venkys have a view of how a football club should be organised (or should that be 'no idea of how a football club should be organised').

I'd suggest Mr Agnew is likely to be hand-in-glove for that role under Venkys.

The only likely difference from Hunt's tenure is that Desai will have fewer emails in her inbox. Although, it would be telling how Silk and Shunt would react...

I would like to see someone like Adam Pearson come in as CEO. vast of football knowledge.

You're far too sensible Chaddy. Try to think outside the box with these Venky idiots. In fact just think what shouldn't be done and you'll have the answer.

• Moderation Lead

The Venky way is promoting from within and cutting costs, even if it is destroying the club.

I don't honestly see how one set of people can be so stupid, incompetent and still so stubborn.

I would like to see someone like Adam Pearson come in as CEO. vast of football knowledge.

Chaddy, he's just a 'name' you know.

Please tell us about his track record, his achieveements etc.

IMO, he has no real substance and is a blusterer. Can you prove me wrong ?

Chaddy, he's just a 'name' you know.

Please tell us about his track record, his achieveements etc.

IMO, he has no real substance and is a blusterer. Can you prove me wrong ?

has experience in running a Club as Chairman/CEO. held positions at Hull City and Derby County

owner of Hull rugby club

former owner of Hull City F.C.

has experience in running a Club as Chairman/CEO. held positions at Hull City and Derby County

owner of Hull rugby club

former owner of Hull City F.C.

But what did he achieve ? What was his legacy ?

Steve Kean assistant manager @ Fulham, Coventry, Real S. & manager of Rovers. WTF has Kean achieved and what is his legacy ?

Please tell me the difference between Pearson & Kean ?

• Backroom

But what did he achieve ? What was his legacy ?

Steve Kean assistant manager @ Fulham, Coventry, Real S. & manager of Rovers. WTF has Kean achieved and what is his legacy ?

Please tell me the difference between Pearson & Kean ?

Seems a name picked up from papers mainly

Just like every transfer window people want us to sign anyone they see score a goal on tv

Seems a name picked up from papers mainly

Just like every transfer window people want us to sign anyone they see score a goal on tv

I think he was mentioned before Hunt got the job,but turned it down. Can't see him changing his mind now.

The Venky way is promoting from within and cutting costs, even if it is destroying the club.

I don't honestly see how one set of people can be so stupid, incompetent and still so stubborn and still remain in busines......ANY business!!!

There I have finished your sentence for you K-Hod. ;)

Archived