BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me Glenn but why have this poll.

As far as the owners of the club are concerned fans of the club have contiually been disregarded.

I am of the opinion that the owners dont have a clue on the football traditions of this country, or they have been pumped full of so much bull to make them believe anything.

Latest comments / quotes that I read attributed to the owners are unbelievable

telegraph.Balaji Rao quote

"We were certainly not expecting to be relegated. But we will bounce back within a year".

In you dreams

I voted no as having a polished turd running the footballing matters is bad enough without letting one loose in the boardroom.

Polished? I've never see a duller, darker more fetid peice of diarrhea than Steve Kean.

No I don't want his lap dog running the impotent board room.

Also after his duet of lies with Agnew on Radio Lancs, I'm not sorry to see the back of Hunt either. Although given Hunt's feelings and inexperience at least now we know why Agnew was in attendance.

The only reason why this came up last time, was because he leaked his own story to the press.

Clueless muppet who thinks he's done a great job with Kean this year, when in actual fact, he has played a huge part in the decimation of our clubs morals and values

Agnew out. Kean out.

It could be argued that Mr Agnew is acting in the best interests of his clients. In that situation you could probably say he has done a fantastic job, especially in maintaining Steve Kean in a good light with the media - possibly with a little help from his contacts.

However Rovers PR should not just be about Kean's image in the media. It must surely also be about managing the club's reputation by communicating and building good relationships with the club's fans. The fans are the 'public' which matters the most.

Two quotes from this week emphasise the importance of this relationship -

Ilyas Khan said "If you lose touch with your fanbase you are lost. The crowd who come through the gates are the ones who matter".

Jack Straw said "Ultimately it is the history and the fans that make a club".

Agnew's job was to maintain goodwill and mutual understanding between the club and the fans. He has failed miserably.

Paul Agnew has proven by his radio interview comments and various other actions that he is clearly just another Steve Kean sychophant, whats best for brfc should be the 1 and only priority for a head ceo therefore whoever gets the job has to be strong and completely un-biased towards fans/manager/staff and the owner(in np particular order!).

Fair point Winston. It depends though on the remit that the club have asked him to carry out.

I'm guessing that it is more about protecting the club's "manager" and less about making friends with the great unwashed.

Polished? I've never see a duller, darker more fetid peice of diarrhea than Steve Kean.

No I don't want his lap dog running the impotent board room.

Also after his duet of lies with Agnew on Radio Lancs, I'm not sorry to see the back of Hunt either. Although given Hunt's feelings and inexperience at least now we know why Agnew was in attendance.

He's got one shiny dome!

It was a reference to an old topic on here about whether you really can polish a turd. Given he's taken us down amid smiles and hailing his own aroma, I'd say your right it cannot be done.

David Cameron worked in PR before he became CEO of UK plc so the move is not unprecedented and if works out as well for Rovers as it has for the country I'm sure we will all be very pleased.

David Cameron worked in PR before he became CEO of UK plc so the move is not unprecedented and if works out as well for Rovers as it has for the country I'm sure we will all be very pleased.

So he had a job then? thats news to me, I thought the bleedin lot of them lived of trust funds, including your mates in new labour :wacko:

AGNEW OUT :angry:

IMO, would be a disastrous appointment that would alienate the supporters even further, if that was possible.

Seems like Kean and Agnew go hand-in-hand and, IMO, would not improve matters.

To me, the Rovers CEO should have some warmth, some charisma, some credibility as a business operator and, most all, should be trustworthy with integrity beyond doubt.

That's my criteria and, based upon what I have seen and heard of Agnew, IMO, he simply does not measure up.

Archived