BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

I support the club how I see fit. And I'm certainly not apologising for that.

No need to apologise,I've renewed two tickets, same as every year. My decision, if others choose not to it's up to them.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course its all about opinion but saying we support criminals when there isn't a shred of evidence in the public domain supporting that claim is antagonising. I'm supporting the team as I have done for 20+ years of my life. Doesn't make me happy about the situation anymore than non-renewers.

Keans a convicted criminal, but I take your point.

I took the same stance when Venkys took over, for me we support Blackburn Rovers and thats what supporting the clubs all about, giving the owners and manager a chance, but I can't for the life of me understand why people are still supporting these inept lying swine’s, I really can't.

What do they have to do to make you turn your back on the club, shoot your cat? :wacko:

Keans a convicted criminal, but I take your point.

I took the same stance when Venkys took over, for me we support Blackburn Rovers and thats what supporting the clubs all about, giving the owners and manager a chance, but I can't for the life of me understand why people are still supporting these inept lying swine’s, I really can't.

What do they have to do to make you turn your back on the club, shoot your cat? :wacko:

Granted Kean is a convicted criminal but does that mean our owners are? What people have to realise is that although the fans aren't happy there are some that still want to go on a Saturday or midweek day and support the team.

By the way - I don't have a cat ;-)

To the tune of that appalling Man Utd song:

We'll do what we want!

We'll do what we waaaaaannnnt!

We're the stupid Rao's (fook you) and we'll do what WE want!

:angry:

It's now as clear as daylight that the people in charge have no intention whatsover of trying to remedy THEIR huge mistakes,they have zero intention of offering an Olive branch to the fans and media and righting the wrong's.

Arrogance and Intimidation is their peace offering.

Dang I am still in utter shock over this.. should of guessed they would do something this stupid. My only hope is they have promoted him while selling the club so he will get a nice payoff when new owners turn up (As a sub contractor he would of got nothing), one way to get round an NDA and reward utter failure.

Even if it is for that reason I still find it utterly shocking that he is then allowed to go on a two week holiday when contracts expire in 3 weeks, season ticket prices still not sorted, no sponsors and we are even in the owners words "in a state of confussion".

Still find this interview amusing (please note there are news reports etc mixed in and at the beginning).. 1 hr long Paul Hunt and Paul Agnew.. on the brag site funny listening to comments like "confident on jnr signing", "plan in place for relegation", "season ticket prices soon to be released", "no faults with Newsham", "not the case Salgado dropped on financials", "we didn't want Samba to go", "Ryan Nelsen comments", "Bradley Orr has been fantastic", Agnew not aware Kean has said anything negative about fans, sad state of afairs Kean needs a bodyguard and has been dignified, Paul H talking about structure being in place (this was before his letter was leaked) the inevitable "fans will just have to give the club a little time", "JA obviously has a vested interest"..

Pretty soon this will be turned into a comedy series for Channel 5. You have to admit that they are beginning to put together an excellent cast of misfits and fools.

Just need to think of a catchy title that can also be used for a money making game enterprise - 'Footiball Manager - Resident Weevil' perhaps?

No mate, this is to far fetched to make good comedy..

Venky's have made some horrendous decisions over the last 2 years, this decision is up there as one of the worst, they will shortly be making another equally bad decision by giving Shebby Singh a senior role.

Totally and utterly ridiculous, the club is now firmly heading in one direction: DOWN.

They had one final chance to try and salvage the situation by employing a CEO/GM or whatever who was experienced/respected, and tasking the CEO/GM with sacking Kean and getting in a replacement. Then giving the Executive Board decision making power. They have totally blown that final chance and almost done the exact opposite.

Does it also mean Kamy, that they will not be selling up any time soon?

Have they genuinely made this appointment in the expectation that it will see an improvement in the club's fortunes?

What will they do when the exact opposite happens and we're bumping along the bottom of the division at Christmas?

Ask yourself

Why Haven't they re[placed Paul Hunt?

Why haven't they advertised and gone through the process of recruiting a genuine CEO?

Why haven't they sacked Kean and installed a new manager?

Why have they given the programme editor the role of General Manager?

Why have they installed the odd job man as the stadium manager?

Why haven't they appointed Colin Hendry in some capacity?

Why haven't they announced a new shirt sponsor?

Why don't they currently have season tickets on sale?

All of the above can only be satisfactorily answered if the club is about to be sold.

All of these are key decisions that any new owner would want to make for themselves.

The current people who have been placed in these positions can very easily be disposed of by a new owner with a minimum of fuss.

They are merely caretakers, placed in roles simply because somebody has to be in the role while the club is in it's interim position.

Well, at least I hope so...

What some of you out of towners need to realise is that going to Ewood Park on a matchday is just what thousands of Roverites have done year in year out. Without question.

It's routine. Me, my mates, my family have done just that.

The club did the best it could to get the best side on the park- we as fans supported the club and the team. All pulling together. 'tis what it's all about. Even if the team was s***

BUT, things have changed completely, this is a 'club' masquerading as BRFC. We the fans are now the spirit of the football club, we need to do what is best for the future survival of the club.

You need to look at your own conscience, if you feel still turning up to Ewood Park is the right thing to do. Buying a programme with the latest views of Agnew and Keano then carry on.

But I'm not sure I can, because it just feels morally repugnant to set foot on that ground whilst it's occupied. Starve them of the only things they respect- money.

Venky's have made some horrendous decisions over the last 2 years, this decision is up there as one of the worst, they will shortly be making another equally bad decision by giving Shebby Singh a senior role.

Totally and utterly ridiculous, the club is now firmly heading in one direction: DOWN.

They had one final chance to try and salvage the situation by employing a CEO/GM or whatever who was experienced/respected, and tasking the CEO/GM with sacking Kean and getting in a replacement. Then giving the Executive Board decision making power. They have totally blown that final chance and almost done the exact opposite.

Agree no end, there is no looking back now and no escape for them, just listen to that interview again 52:20iosh onwards.. Agnew as PR manager basically says Kean has every right to critise the fans (obviously critising customers is not bad PR), he then rants about a dignified, unjustly critised Kean who is so awfully treated that the club have to hire bodyguards.. role on 4months later and he is now the man in his own press release to get "everyone pulling together for the common good".

As for Shebby.. well err no comment, wonder if we will offer a job to that Brailian tennis player bloke next, he did find ribeiro and he is brazilian so must know lots about football. And while we are at it, Phini Zhavi and that dodgy Dublin nightclub owner might make brilliant contract negotiators for us.

My only hope is they have promoted him while selling the club so he will get a nice payoff when new owners turn up (As a sub contractor he would of got nothing), one way to get round an NDA and reward utter failure.

Even if it is for that reason I still find it utterly shocking that he is then allowed to go on a two week holiday when contracts expire in 3 weeks, season ticket prices still not sorted, no sponsors and we are even in the owners words "in a state of confussion".

I've been thinking the same as the first paragraph. I'm clinging like hell to this hope. It's very faint hope. Both BRSIT and The Ian's / Khan have been very very quiet and I'm trying to take some sort of comfort from that.

I honestly can't believe that we'll be going into next season with Kean and Agnew at the helm. Maybe by making these ridiculous decisions, which amount to wanton destruction (they know how unpopular Kean and Agnew are, they know that by appointing Agnew and keeping Kean they aren't going to shift ST's). they are playing hard ball in trying to secure an overly inflated price for the club?

No players have left yet. Assets. That's yet I hasten to add. "Pay the £30m or we'll continue to appoint idiots". Battersby did say that we might have to play the "long game" - Venky's / Mr X know that by doing nothing they are increasing the pressure on those who want the best for the club and to start running it properly.

God knows. None of it makes sense. Bring on Administration.

For those asking about a sale, who knows.

All I do know is that contact was made by Ilyas Khan consortium and the response that they got was not no we dont want to sell, as of last week they were continuing to work on things and were hopeful. There is also at least one foreign group interested, I suspect that this the Malaysians headed by the business partner of Tony Fernandes, I have contacted them last week and they simply said no comment, normally they would deny it there wasnt some truth in the reported interest.

What the appointment of Agnew means in terms of a sale, I dont know, they surely knew last week that they were going to appoint Agnew as GM, so maybe it is unrelated to any takeover talks.

Topman there is a huge amount of dirt in terms of rumours/information being passed to me and to national journos, some top investigative journos have looked into these issues and have found no proof to stand any of it up. So until someone produces some proof to stand any of these rumours/info up have to say at the moment they are not true due to the absence of evidence.

All of the above can only be satisfactorily answered if the club is about to be sold.

That would be the logical way of looking at it.. however with Venkys involved and the Agnew move it has got me seriously questioning this (and my own sanity). There have always been whispers that agnew was involved in the takeover.. maybe the Venkys/Kentaro/SEM long term plan has always been to have a Shebby, V Rao, Agnew and Kean dream team running the rovers....

Topman – there is a huge amount of dirt in terms of rumours/information being passed to me and to national journos, some top investigative journos have looked into these issues and have found no proof to stand any of it up. So until someone produces some proof to stand any of these rumours/info up have to say at the moment they are not true due to the absence of evidence.

Will be the same situation as the likes of Luton and Rangers in both cases it was after administration (despite big shouts from fans and even the manager at Luton) that the proof was found, an absense of evidence does not mean the rumours are untrue, just means the proof may be unreachable... no one breaking the law/rules would openly leave proof of these activities in the public domain.

Words fail me with posts like this. People have the right to do as they choose. I'm one of the ones who have renewed but I certainly wouldnt criticise anyone who have decided not to renew. Their choice as it is mine to renew. Posts like this only serve to antagonise people for making their own choice.

Hey Jim I'm not attacking anyone who supports the team I just feel that money spent on rovers is money in keans, Agnews, JA and venkys pockets and so is a waste of money. Just an opinion is all.

• Backroom

What some of you out of towners need to realise is that going to Ewood Park on a matchday is just what thousands of Roverites have done year in year out. Without question.

It's routine. Me, my mates, my family have done just that.

The club did the best it could to get the best side on the park- we as fans supported the club and the team. All pulling together. 'tis what it's all about. Even if the team was s***

BUT, things have changed completely, this is a 'club' masquerading as BRFC. We the fans are now the spirit of the football club, we need to do what is best for the future survival of the club.

You need to look at your own conscience, if you feel still turning up to Ewood Park is the right thing to do. Buying a programme with the latest views of Agnew and Keano then carry on.

But I'm not sure I can, because it just feels morally repugnant to set foot on that ground whilst it's occupied. Starve them of the only things they respect- money.

Matty, was under the impression you had renewed pal? Have you got your ST refunded, or am I thinking of somebody else? (entirely possible, my memory ain't great at the best of times)

For those asking about a sale, who knows.

All I do know is that contact was made by Ilyas Khan consortium and the response that they got was not “no we don’t want to sell”, as of last week they were continuing to work on things and were “hopeful”. There is also at least one foreign group interested, I suspect that this the Malaysian’s headed by the business partner of Tony Fernandes, I have contacted them last week and they simply said “no comment”, normally they would deny it there wasn’t some truth in the reported interest.

What the appointment of Agnew means in terms of a sale, I don’t know, they surely knew last week that they were going to appoint Agnew as GM, so maybe it is unrelated to any takeover talks.

Topman – there is a huge amount of dirt in terms of rumours/information being passed to me and to national journos, some top investigative journos have looked into these issues and have found no proof to stand any of it up. So until someone produces some proof to stand any of these rumours/info up have to say at the moment they are not true due to the absence of evidence.

I'm guessing even the chicken farmers realise that someone needs to be seen to be running the club. They are just trying to take some heat off their shoulders for now. That could be so they have time to organise a sale or to (in their eyes) sort the club out.

Well DE, we were on the verge of doing so on the April deadline day, in fact a member of the family even went in to the ticket office.

She couldn't go through with it, so we decided to hold off until we saw some 'changes'- HA what a sick joke!

So at the moment myself and most of my nearest and dearest are boycotting Ewood Park. NEVER did I think it would come to this.

Well DE, we were on the verge of doing so on the April deadline day, in fact a member of the family even went in to the ticket office.

She couldn't go through with it, so we decided to hold off until we saw some 'changes'- HA what a sick joke!

So at the moment myself and most of my nearest and dearest are boycotting Ewood Park. NEVER did I think it would come to this.

plipping 'eck Matty, when lads like you put 2 fingers up to a ST it is geting down to the bare bones as far as support is concerned. It just about sums up what the dross have done to destroy our once prouud Club and turn us into the laughing stock of British football.

Archived