BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

Enough is enough here-this is beyond the fecking joke.I think its time for an all out assault on the Trust who feckin well sold us right down the swanny river with these twots.I know this is going to be controversial but good old John W isn't covered in glory on this one .I have even been told by many people (something i refused to believe tbh) that he got paid a bundle for selling the Club to Wankys.

There were a load of written promises made at the time the deal was done about what they had to stick to once they owned the club.Its been on here millions of times but we have to put pressure on this trust to sue these robbing crooks for failing to stick to their promises and kick them out.Jack walker would be going effing ape at all this and those trustees must be sweating like geordies in a spelling test about this coming back to haunt them.WE HAVE TO TURN THE HEAT UP ITS OUR LAST CARD or we accept the light is nearly out on our club. WE have been stitched up big time by that Trust.

The Trust are like the 'La Li Lu Le Lo'. No one knows their true identities.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. So it gets worse!

Hoping this nightmare ends with a sale in the near future, I'm certainly not buying any season ticket or rovers merchandise

whilst Steve Kean is still at the helm.

The trust just wanted the money, which if you see they already have loads, are they even bothered by Rovers, who knows?

Well, interesting today that Cardiff fans up in arms about a red kit to replace the famous, traditional blue colours.

Doesn't seem so bad if they are putting 100 million into the club, compared to this at rovers

it seems acceptable!!

Still waiting for the say that I get my Rovers back

Is the plausible explanation to all this that the ownership of the club is in fact under Anderson's control with the Venky's acting as the front men (family) in the deal. Anderson makes money out of the investment by the transfers of almost exclusively footballers/personnel he represents and not by the usual method of dividends on the shares. Venky's achieve their wish of being the nominal owners of (what was then)a Premiership team with the prospect of promoting their brand outside India, being perceived as being progressive sponsors of sport and sport development in their own rapidly developing country and finally being able to give their son an interest in a sport he has a passion for. If the majority of the purchase money was provided directly or indirectly by Anderson then it could explain

Why Steve Kean is still in place and the Indians have been so reluctant to act

Why such alot of our transfers have been for players connected to Anderson

Why Myles was signed on contract

etc etc etc

Does anyone SERIOUSLY still believe this is all because Mrs. Desai has a bit of a soft spot for Kean and his missus?

That explanation has never washed with me and still doesn't.

Nicko first put that about didn't he? :unsure:

Daily Mirrors John Cross tweeted this earlier says it all about the club at the moment.

Only at Blackburn could they promote someone regarded as one of the worst press officers in the business to be general manager. #brfc

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Arthur Conan Doyle

Which reminds me. I must get a book for my holidays. "Sherlock Holmes In The Mysterious Search For The Bleeding Obvious" perhaps?

Nicko first put that about didn't he? :unsure:

Direct from his office deep in the heart of the Ministry of Misinformation possibly.

Uh huh ;):P

Was just speaking to a girl in India and mentioned how much I hate Venky's... "Who, the chicken people? Why??" ... didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I guess it'd be like her telling me she hates Bernard Matthews or Captain Birdseye.

Hahaha- that last sentence tickled me!

Somebody who has in the past given us good intel just passed on a conspiracy story that scared the hell out of me.

I stress at the moment, I don't believe this to be true, nor should you. This doesn't have the usual "rumour and speculation" label on it, it has "complete fantasy" printed across it.

He's been banging on about third party ownership (and has put a lot of him own time and money into investigating it). He's long claimed SK to be unsackable as even if the Raos wanted him gone, the "real" owners (as he describes them) need a trusted party running certain parts of the club their way (something he claims the Roas have consented to as part of the deal). He however believes that SKs position is now so untenable that they needed to get somebody else in. The new person (I assume from the timing of his telling me all this, he means PA) would then be in charge of representing their best interests whilst The Raos act as a beard. The new guy can get rid of SK (no longer needed), get the fans back on side, sell a bunch more season tickets and the pressure on them is eased a little.

Like I said, I don't believe a word of it and you shouldn't think any less of SK, PA, The Raos or anyone else because of it. It just keeps rattling around my head as almost as implausible as the Glasgow Mafia story, but in these dark days, even the silliest of conspiracy stories sound possible.

Interesting. Because the statement from venkys was that Agnew will be GM with responsibility in ALL areas of the club. During kean's recent meeting in India. Kean supposed to have said he can get junior to sign new contract. Venkys, it was said, checked out this. But who did they talk too?

Silk, Simon hunt or Agnew.

Somebody pointed out to me that from being considered for DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATION but for it ti be changed to GENERAL MANAGER with responsible for ALL areas. Something significant must have happened. So was Agnew the one venkys asked about junior hoiliet. Has Agnew seen an opportunity for himself. So dropped kean in it. I think there was publicity at the sometime that hoiliet wanted out.

Maybe just another one of those silly stories, theories being said.

Agnew's final quote IMO gives it away:

"This is a time to regroup, look forward and concentrate our efforts only on aspects that we can affect and control."

Read it again, but this time with the 'Kean is unsackable' theory in mind:

"This is a time to regroup, look forward and concentrate our efforts only on aspects that we can affect and control."

And again, but this time thinking that PA is trying to say that SK's role is out of his/Venkys control:

It doesn't sound right. What aspects are out of the clubs control? What can't they affect? Manager? Transfers? Influence of 3rd Parties?

Good question, because they obviously cant provide good footballers that can provide good entertaining football to watch :wacko: so just what is it that they can affect and control.

My god.. what the hell just happened... I am sick of this complete rubbish, that has to be one of the biggest two fingered salutes a set of fans has ever had.. I thought this thread was a joke thread with King Brown Nose taking CEO, then thought it was as scary as hell that he was to be named communications director.. then to find he is the GM officially.. you honestly can't make this cr*p up its so insane.

Daily Mirrors John Cross tweeted this earlier says it all about the club at the moment.

Only at Blackburn could they promote someone regarded as one of the worst press officers in the business to be general manager. #brfc

It is ok writing that on twitter. Needs to do an article on it.

CLUTCHING AT STRAWS HERE, BUT WHAT HARM CAN IT DO.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; text-align: left; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; text-align: left; ">http://www.sfo.gov.uk/

CLUTCHING AT STRAWS HERE, BUT WHAT HARM CAN IT DO.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; text-align: left; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; text-align: left; ">http://www.sfo.gov.uk/

Well unless something really changes that's my support gone for next season. Call me what you like, but I can't support this joke of an organization any more. I'll be putting all my support into BRSIT or any buyer that looks like they want to run the club in a competent manner.

Archived