BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

courtesy of www.papr.co.uk -

Blackburn Rovers Football Club

“The need for proactive PR and sound media management is critical in our business and, after more than a decade with PAPR, we feel in very good and safe hands.”

since when has he been proactive in 'public relations' and 'sound media management', with regard to rovers?

the pr from the club to it's lifeblood/customers/fans etc etc is in my opinion at it's lowest ebb in the almost 37 years i have been a rovers fan. and if i thought they knew the meaning of ironic, i'd swear they where taking the ######!!

agnew - GET OUT!!

Agnew not so much prematurely ejaculated as masturbated into the LT on the back of the bus... to continue a certain line of metaphor.

Philip that truly is a horrible image........

Suprised nothing more has been made of it on here in terms of Agnew, still no official announcement weeks after he went running to the LT. Anyone know more on what is happening there?

Karen Silk confirmed to me on Friday that Paul Agnew has been appointed to this post, however he is not due to return to work for a couple of weeks yet.

courtesy of www.papr.co.uk -

Blackburn Rovers Football Club

“The need for proactive PR and sound media management is critical in our business and, after more than a decade with PAPR, we feel in very good and safe hands.”

since when has he been proactive in 'public relations' and 'sound media management', with regard to rovers?

the pr from the club to it's lifeblood/customers/fans etc etc is in my opinion at it's lowest ebb in the almost 37 years i have been a rovers fan. and if i thought they knew the meaning of ironic, i'd swear they where taking the ######!!

agnew - GET OUT!!

Did you type that out or has he finally corrected it from Footiball?

Suffering relegation last season obviously hurt everyone involved, but we must not get bogged down with what has been and gone.

So, the big question. Will he demand Kean's sacking? If he doesn't, he's just another yes man. We'll see.

So, the big question. Will he demand Kean's sacking? If he doesn't, he's just another yes man. We'll see.

The main reason he was given the job is because he is one of the few people who backs Kean.

Venky's are clearly attempting to fill the board of directors that back Steve Kean.

Still if Agnew thinks he's in for an easy ride he has another thing coming.

I'm sure Kean and his merry men will tell him that the end justifies the means.

As long as he's on the gravy train he won't give a flying one about some fan abuse.

Edit: sportingintelligence ‏@sportingintel

Long-standing #Rovers insider on appointment of Paul Agnew as GM: "F***ing unbelievable. We're at rock bottom. A joke club. The game's up."

Another day, another farcical BRFC news story.

I'm desperately wishing we were the Rovers I was once proud of, and actually wanted to support.

I love Rovers but I can't go to Ewood and cheer this cr@p on, it's just wrong.

Perhaps there is a deeper side to Mr Agnew than I have seen in action over the last 20 years. Where does being a local sports journalist equip you to run a football club. A single year at PNE followed by the creation of his own small PR business that sub-contracted to the Rovers. I suppose editing the programme makes him a 'key' management figure. Now that is spin, as Goebbels said, the great propaganda is 10% truth, just not certain it has reached that level.

So we have Steve Kean's media minder as General Manager, are we then going to see his driver minder becoming Stadium Manager next as has been rumoured?

Good luck Mr. Agnew,you will need it. You will need to work a miracle to shed the image that Rovers fans have of you. It may be a wrong one in your view but there it is.

The only plus is that this member of management lives locally and as such can't escape listening to the fans.

He may well end up needing a bodyguard as well, we will be the only club in history to have to keep selling players to pay for bodyguards and drivers for the morons running the club :unsure: I also notice its been said he is now off on a 2 week cruise after finally squirming his seat on the board. Great start, who the hell is going to sort out the immediate mess then ?

Just another shield for Kean?

General Manager of all areas.....does that include picking the team??

Strange title......which typically just creates MORE confusion :!: :!:

I think we have more clarity now Hughesy.

1] The Raos aren't planning on selling any time soon.

2] Kean is staying as manager, although I wouldn't be surprised to see someone come in to "help" him out.

3] Rovers are going to plough on, oblivious to all protest.

Archived