BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Kean know he is unsackable, what makes him so sure?

There was an interview during the season, possibly after the Bolton game - I can't remember - where Kean said he would be "shocked" or "very surprised" if he was sacked. He can only say that with such confidence if he has a direct say in the decision. Or he's completely delusional.

Well, he's still here so it probably rules out delusional. At least about his position.

"And so the circle is complete"

Well that's it, any semblance of order, normality, sanity, dignity and common sense have clearly left via exit one...

Be prepared for the departure of other key board members (as if they would remain in-situ with that nincompoop in charge) and then that will be it mission accomplished, what a pitiful state of affairs this all is, you couldn't imagine this honestly could you, it's like some strange alternate universe where someone is just royally taking the ###### out of us.

Enough is enough, I am finished completely with it all.

I'm starting to wonder about some of these conspiracy theories...

"When you rule out all of the plausibles you are left with the truth no matter how implausible it sounds". I'm going to attribute that quote to Jonathan Creek because it sounds like something he would say.

Sherlock Holmes, as written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, used that concept, phrased a variety of different ways, in many of his stories.

Why does Kean know he is unsackable, what makes him so sure?

What "documents" were put in front of Mrs Desai hours before a meeting where Kean was meant to be sacked, which led to her changing her mind?

Or...

I'm starting to wonder about some of these conspiracy theories...

"When you rule out all of the plausibles you are left with the truth no matter how implausible it sounds". I'm going to attribute that quote to Jonathan Creek because it sounds like something he would say.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Arthur Conan Doyle

It's even clear to a blind man on a galloping horse that something is not very right here:

Employess being dismissed left right and centre and seemingly silenced?.

People with no prior experience being promoted to important positions?.

A calamitous manager who appears to be bulletproof unsackable who flys out to India for 'secret' talks with owners who seem to be uninterested,totally clueless and now possibly even frightened?.

And then you have a near total communication shut down with supporters,sponsors and local media?....

Never been known.

Flurkin Mulder and Scully couldn't figure this one out!! :blink:

Somebody who has in the past given us good intel just passed on a conspiracy story that scared the hell out of me.

I stress at the moment, I don't believe this to be true, nor should you. This doesn't have the usual "rumour and speculation" label on it, it has "complete fantasy" printed across it.

He's been banging on about third party ownership (and has put a lot of him own time and money into investigating it). He's long claimed SK to be unsackable as even if the Raos wanted him gone, the "real" owners (as he describes them) need a trusted party running certain parts of the club their way (something he claims the Roas have consented to as part of the deal). He however believes that SKs position is now so untenable that they needed to get somebody else in. The new person (I assume from the timing of his telling me all this, he means PA) would then be in charge of representing their best interests whilst The Raos act as a beard. The new guy can get rid of SK (no longer needed), get the fans back on side, sell a bunch more season tickets and the pressure on them is eased a little.

Like I said, I don't believe a word of it and you shouldn't think any less of SK, PA, The Raos or anyone else because of it. It just keeps rattling around my head as almost as implausible as the Glasgow Mafia story, but in these dark days, even the silliest of conspiracy stories sound possible.

Its probably got to the point were the inplauseable has got legs to be plauseable given the chaos we find ourselves as a club in. Nobody has a clue whats going on apart from Steve Kean, the Rao's and their advisors. Id go as far as suggesting if Agnew does not act in what we would consider the best interests of the club he is essentially a puppet to deal with the commercial dealings at Ewood and has no authority or knowlege of how the football side is run.

Still, at least this shows one thing. It looks like the confusion in Pune is all done and dusted. They've had a good sit down and got their heads together to try and figure out a way forward. It would seem the best strategy they could come up with was to line up all the Rovers fans, get them to drop their pants and give each and every one of them a jolly good rogering.

I'll admit this approach hasn't been successful to date. But you know what they say; "One thousand four hundred and twenty three time lucky"!

We're dealing with some real innovative thinkers here ladies and gents.

Im suprised all the ITKs keep saying after doing some digin the theories(which we all know are true) "dont hold up", like they where expecting to find a paper trail or some other kind of physical evidence, all these deals go on behind closed doors with nods, winks, hand shakes and cash paid sent backNforth through untracable bank accounts ect....

• Backroom

Somebody who has in the past given us good intel just passed on a conspiracy story that scared the hell out of me.

I stress at the moment, I don't believe this to be true, nor should you. This doesn't have the usual "rumour and speculation" label on it, it has "complete fantasy" printed across it.

He's been banging on about third party ownership (and has put a lot of him own time and money into investigating it). He's long claimed SK to be unsackable as even if the Raos wanted him gone, the "real" owners (as he describes them) need a trusted party running certain parts of the club their way (something he claims the Roas have consented to as part of the deal). He however believes that SKs position is now so untenable that they needed to get somebody else in. The new person (I assume from the timing of his telling me all this, he means PA) would then be in charge of representing their best interests whilst The Raos act as a beard. The new guy can get rid of SK (no longer needed), get the fans back on side, sell a bunch more season tickets and the pressure on them is eased a little.

Like I said, I don't believe a word of it and you shouldn't think any less of SK, PA, The Raos or anyone else because of it. It just keeps rattling around my head as almost as implausible as the Glasgow Mafia story, but in these dark days, even the silliest of conspiracy stories sound possible.

I don't think you'd post that if you didn't think it had some form of plausibility, Glenn.

And let's face it, it's gotten to the point where the conspiracy theories make far more sense than any conventional way of explaining what Venky's are up to. I've said for a long time I think something is seriously, seriously rotten at Ewood and Venky's have done nothing in the year and a half they've been here to make me think otherwise.

Our club has been used for some kind of twisted experiment - the only question in my mind is whether it is failing or succeeding.

Does anyone SERIOUSLY still believe this is all because Mrs. Desai has a bit of a soft spot for Kean and his missus?

That explanation has never washed with me and still doesn't.

Im suprised all the ITKs keep saying after doing some digin the theories(which we all know are true) "dont hold up", like they where expecting to find a paper trail or some other kind of physical evidence, all these deals go on behind closed doors with nods, winks, hand shakes and cash paid sent backNforth through untracable bank accounts ect....

If money has changed hands then somewhere someone will have proof. I hope that if Scudamore and the PL do what has been asked and fully investigate the takeover, then the web o lies will start to unravel.

Agnew's final quote IMO gives it away:

"This is a time to regroup, look forward and concentrate our efforts only on aspects that we can affect and control."

Read it again, but this time with the 'Kean is unsackable' theory in mind:

"This is a time to regroup, look forward and concentrate our efforts only on aspects that we can affect and control."

And again, but this time thinking that PA is trying to say that SK's role is out of his/Venkys control:

It doesn't sound right. What aspects are out of the clubs control? What can't they affect? Manager? Transfers? Influence of 3rd Parties?

Not sure how id feel if this was the case, kean out great but it could be like removing a tumour only to find the cancer has spread.

Paul Agnew,a man who cut short many a post match interview last season when the media started to aim probing questions at Teflon.

Rejoice in his promotion to one of the major players at this club! :unsure:

Every day I just feel like a little part of my support for this club dies.

I think Shebby's link to Rovers is old news. IMO he will not be interested in being associated with a Championship Club. He's been with ESPNStar in Asia for years as a regular (token) on their shows. He's a Spurs fan and most of all a complete idiot. The Championship get next to no media coverage in Asia and the race to win fans in numbers in Asia was won years ago by Liverpool and Man United - actually anyone in the current top 4 in the Premiership has a fan base. Fans aren't fickle in Asia - the majority just follow the top teams that TV pander to. Rovers were on a loser out here even as a Premiership side.

Began to believe you in that it was an old story but then you go and say ''most of all a complete idiot''-so perfect fit for the job then under these clowns.

The picture of PNE Paul(scruffy fecker) on the official Rovers says it all. Yes we know its your Ewood because it certainly isnt ours

They must think we are plebs.

'God will forgive them, but i wont'.

I don't think you'd post that if you didn't think it had some form of plausibility, Glenn.

I don't think it's got the slightest amount of plausibility in it. Nor should anyone reading it. It just surprised me that things have go so bad, I actually took time to discount it's credibility.

The picture of PNE Paul(scruffy fecker) on the official Rovers says it all. Yes we know its your Ewood because it certainly isnt ours

They must think we are plebs.

'God will forgive them, but i wont'.

Enough is enough here-this is beyond the fecking joke.I think its time for an all out assault on the Trust who feckin well sold us right down the swanny river with these twots.I know this is going to be controversial but good old John W isn't covered in glory on this one .I have even been told by many people (something i refused to believe tbh) that he got paid a bundle for selling the Club to Wankys.

There were a load of written promises made at the time the deal was done about what they had to stick to once they owned the club.Its been on here millions of times but we have to put pressure on this trust to sue these robbing crooks for failing to stick to their promises and kick them out.Jack walker would be going effing ape at all this and those trustees must be sweating like geordies in a spelling test about this coming back to haunt them.WE HAVE TO TURN THE HEAT UP ITS OUR LAST CARD or we accept the light is nearly out on our club. WE have been stitched up big time by that Trust.

• Backroom

I don't think it's got the slightest amount of plausibility in it. Nor should anyone reading it. It just surprised me that things have go so bad, I actually took time to discount it's credibility.

Uh huh ;):P

Was just speaking to a girl in India and mentioned how much I hate Venky's... "Who, the chicken people? Why??" ... didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I guess it'd be like her telling me she hates Bernard Matthews or Captain Birdseye.

Archived