BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what will happen to PAPR? I assume that a new PR agency will have to be appointed by the club? Isn't this a conflict of interest?

The ''cultural' way will be to keep it in the 'family' and in the Loons from Pune case do it on the cheap.

In no way am I a fan of Agnew and I am most definately in the KEANSCUM out camp. I am prepared to look at it a slightly different way, some may say I am daft to do so but here it is.

We have read from Agnew that he is a job to die for, a mad keen Rovers fanatic of some standing and a man proud to do his job.

Well Mr Agnew, take time from your PIMMS and lemonade and lets see if you really are a massive Rovers fan at heart. If you are the first thing you will do is sack KEANSCUM, because that is the wish of 100% of ALL Rovers supporters. That is the only way that you will make a positive start to your new role.

Your action plan should be this.

APOLOGISE FOR RELEGATION and Sack KEANSCUM

Employ a PROPER manager with a pedigree of success and graft, football nouse and a work ethic and an ability to get on with the clubs own fans.

Come out in the PRESS and deal with the ISSUES at hand. COMMUNICATE with the fans.

Sort out the fiasco with the season tickets.

Run the club properly and WITHOUT intervention from the DESAI Syndrome.

Rid the club of Anderson and any connection with him and be POSITIVE about it.

Rid the club of Ribero and Andreson jnr, they are not wanted and wont ever make it.

Get Hanley to sign a new deal and quick.

DEMAND the new manager be given adequate backing in the transfer market.

Let the new manager say it as it is and not from one of your stupid PR stunts in blocking questions.

If I can giove you one piece of advice.

Rovers fans do not EVER want to hear this from your mouth.

"THE CLUB ARE BEHIND KEANSCUM AND WILL DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO GET BACK UP AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT".

That would be the biggest own goal ever.

• Backroom

In no way am I a fan of Agnew and I am most definately in the KEANSCUM out camp. I am prepared to look at it a slightly different way, some may say I am daft to do so but here it is.

We have read from Agnew that he is a job to die for, a mad keen Rovers fanatic of some standing and a man proud to do his job.

Well Mr Agnew, take time from your PIMMS and lemonade and lets see if you really are a massive Rovers fan at heart. If you are the first thing you will do is sack KEANSCUM, because that is the wish of 100% of ALL Rovers supporters. That is the only way that you will make a positive start to your new role.

Employ a PROPER manager with a pedigree of success and graft, football nouse and a work ethic and an ability to get on with the clubs own fans.

Come out in the PRESS and deal with the ISSUES at hand. COMMUNICATE with the fans.

Rid the club of Ribero and Andreson jnr, they are not wanted and wont ever make it.

Let the new manager say it as it is and not from one of your stupid PR stunts in blocking questions.

"THE CLUB ARE BEHIND KEANSCUM AND WILL DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO GET BACK UP AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT".

Considering Kean basically got him the job how likely is this?

Do you think any of that has the remotest chance of happening?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebby_Singh

Coaching and Media career

Shebby Singh appears as a football analyst on the ESPNStar network. Premier League club Blackburn Rovers FC's Clueless owners Venky's, have signed Shebby Singh to get them ahead in the race to crack the Indian and Far East football market.

I think Shebby's link to Rovers is old news. IMO he will not be interested in being associated with a Championship Club. He's been with ESPNStar in Asia for years as a regular (token) on their shows. He's a Spurs fan and most of all a complete idiot. The Championship get next to no media coverage in Asia and the race to win fans in numbers in Asia was won years ago by Liverpool and Man United - actually anyone in the current top 4 in the Premiership has a fan base. Fans aren't fickle in Asia - the majority just follow the top teams that TV pander to. Rovers were on a loser out here even as a Premiership side.

Also, is it just me, but shouldn't he be cancelling his holiday and getting on with his new job?

Spot on.

Very much doubt it though - yet another two weeks will drift by with no action.

This is just sad.......!! :(:(

I want my Rovers back!

And when people do boycott matches and stuff (which obviously will happen because of all this BS!!) Agnew now has even more power in his quest to spin it around so that it will seem that Rovers fans abandon the club only because we got relegated!

What a horrible horrible feeling it is these days being a Rovers-supporter.

Relegation, I can take that, its part of the game.

But this Venkys-Kean-JeromeAnderson-Agnew-circus, I just cannot take it anymore!!

Its a relief that the summer is here now, and you can think about other things than football.

The Euros 2012 will be a very welcome distraction :tu:

Yes, you are daft. Sorry but that post was just ridiculous.

Kean & Agnew are in cahoots and have been the entire time. Who do you think got him this new position? Even if by some stretch of the imagination, he WANTED to sack Kean, he'd have as much luck as Paul Hunt did. Kean is effectively running this club now.

I said I was prepared to look at it different based on what Agnew claims he is. I ont think for one minute he is going to come out and do what I would like him to do, they were all said in hope.

I dont beleive any person is bigger than the club including KEANSCUM. I honestly think he will be out of a job in hte near future.

One things certain, if he remains the club dies, and I am sure that Agnew must realise that as a ROVERS FAN.

I said I was prepared to look at it different based on what Agnew claims he is. I ont think for one minute he is going to come out and do what I would like him to do, they were all said in hope.

I dont beleive any person is bigger than the club including KEANSCUM. I honestly think he will be out of a job in hte near future.

One things certain, if he remains the club dies, and I am sure that Agnew must realise that as a ROVERS FAN.

Yeah, because if there's one thing we can do with these people it's take them at face value.

And sorry to burst your bubble but Kean has proven he's bigger than this club. Any football manager who can withstand fan protests, relegation AND public controversy whilst hiring and firing his own boardroom is bigger than the club.

Agnew as General Manager aka Dogsbody and making sure the toilets don't block up.

Not quite a CEO or Chairman even though he's been gifted a seat on the Board to make the appointment look important.

His main function will still be to keep Kean away from the difficult questions and to take the sh1te when it comes and it will.

Rovers have become pitiful.

Strange that everyone goes on holiday as soon as news breaks - can't help thinking they are all chicken (sh1t)

My theory is that over the last week Venkys have been looking for a new 'general manager' to replace PH.

They will have realised that no one with an ounce of credibility wants to be associated with them, and that no one is available to start immediately.

As a result, SK has put his best pal forward.

The problem is that a new man might have been able to convince Venkys to sack Kean and sort things out on the Board.

However now we're stuck with yet another Venkys puppet.

Seems Agnew was CEO at PNE in 1993 as I can see articles quoting him when the plastic pitch was removed.

I'm not 100% certain but think he was also CEO at PNE in late 92, when a certain caretaker manager Sam Allardyce was replaced by John Beck, despite promising results.

My theory is that over the last week Venkys have been looking for a new 'general manager' to replace PH.

They will have realised that no one with an ounce of credibility wants to be associated with them, and that no one is available to start immediately.

As a result, SK has put his best pal forward.

The problem is that a new man might have been able to convince Venkys to sack Kean and sort things out on the Board.

However now we're stuck with yet another Venkys puppet.

If he has the authority to run the club and try to turn things round, then he has to sack Kean. Does he have the full backing of the Raos, and does he have the guts to do it? If he doesn't have the power and backing and if he doesn't have the guts, then he shouldn't be in this position.

IMO, the future of this club is now resting squarely and fairly on the shoulders of PA. Either achieve or leave.

This is just sad.......!! :(:(

I want my Rovers back!

And when people do boycott matches and stuff (which obviously will happen because of all this BS!!) Agnew now has even more power in his quest to spin it around so that it will seem that Rovers fans abandon the club only because we got relegated!

If the fans that are boycotting are stood outside during the match - how can he spin that ?

If he has the authority to run the club and try to turn things round, then he has to sack Kean. Does he have the full backing of the Raos, and does he have the guts to do it? If he doesn't have the power and backing and if he doesn't have the guts, then he shouldn't be in this position.

IMO, the future of this club is now resting squarely and fairly on the shoulders of PA. Either achieve or leave.

Lot of people who I know who have met Agnew, or know of him, says he is fcucking useless - most of the North West journos have also questioned the "decision" asking just what the hell is going on.

I just can't see, at this moment in time, how any good can come of this.

It is a baffling decision considering he has a poor track record to date and "apparently" was put forward for the role by Kean.

Ownership under these clowns just gets worse and you wonder where it is going to stop.

Somebody who has in the past given us good intel just passed on a conspiracy story that scared the hell out of me.

I stress at the moment, I don't believe this to be true, nor should you. This doesn't have the usual "rumour and speculation" label on it, it has "complete fantasy" printed across it.

He's been banging on about third party ownership (and has put a lot of him own time and money into investigating it). He's long claimed SK to be unsackable as even if the Raos wanted him gone, the "real" owners (as he describes them) need a trusted party running certain parts of the club their way (something he claims the Roas have consented to as part of the deal). He however believes that SKs position is now so untenable that they needed to get somebody else in. The new person (I assume from the timing of his telling me all this, he means PA) would then be in charge of representing their best interests whilst The Raos act as a beard. The new guy can get rid of SK (no longer needed), get the fans back on side, sell a bunch more season tickets and the pressure on them is eased a little.

Like I said, I don't believe a word of it and you shouldn't think any less of SK, PA, The Raos or anyone else because of it. It just keeps rattling around my head as almost as implausible as the Glasgow Mafia story, but in these dark days, even the silliest of conspiracy stories sound possible.

We keep saying the conspiracy theories don't add up etc however there must be dark forces at work.

Also could explain why decisions take long to be the made and when they do get made they are all so very odd.

Keeps coming back to to the key point that the Rao family simply do not understand football. They bought the club for their brand and were sold the dream by a football agency - possible they may be owners in name but is it really them running the show......

My theory is that the whole thing stinks from top to bottom and we are stuck in this nightmare for the foreseeable future.

We keep saying the conspiracy theories don't add up etc however there must be dark forces at work.

Also could explain why decisions take long to be the made and when they do get made they are all so very odd.

Keeps coming back to to the key point that the Rao family simply do not understand football. They bought the club for their brand and were sold the dream by a football agency - possible they may be owners in name but is it really them running the show......

Or...

Somebody who has in the past given us good intel just passed on a conspiracy story that scared the hell out of me.

I stress at the moment, I don't believe this to be true, nor should you. This doesn't have the usual "rumour and speculation" label on it, it has "complete fantasy" printed across it.

He's been banging on about third party ownership (and has put a lot of him own time and money into investigating it). He's long claimed SK to be unsackable as even if the Raos wanted him gone, the "real" owners (as he describes them) need a trusted party running certain parts of the club their way (something he claims the Roas have consented to as part of the deal). He however believes that SKs position is now so untenable that they needed to get somebody else in. The new person (I assume from the timing of his telling me all this, he means PA) would then be in charge of representing their best interests whilst The Raos act as a beard. The new guy can get rid of SK (no longer needed), get the fans back on side, sell a bunch more season tickets and the pressure on them is eased a little.

Like I said, I don't believe a word of it and you shouldn't think any less of SK, PA, The Raos or anyone else because of it. It just keeps rattling around my head as almost as implausible as the Glasgow Mafia story, but in these dark days, even the silliest of conspiracy stories sound possible.

I'm starting to wonder about some of these conspiracy theories...

"When you rule out all of the plausibles you are left with the truth no matter how implausible it sounds". I'm going to attribute that quote to Jonathan Creek because it sounds like something he would say.

• Moderation Lead

Thing is- there is no other way to explain it atm, why is SK's pal being promoted to a role he has no experience in, whilst the worst manager in our history is still employed?

Archived