BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Agnew for CEO?

Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in Paul Agnew as CEO?

• Yes!
    • I either don't know enough about him, or simply don't know if he'd be any good
    • No!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q: Firstly your new title, operations director, can you tell the fans what that consists of?

A: I am challenged with the responsibility of directing the operations at BRFC on a day-to-day basis.

Brilliant.

Q: Firstly your new title, operations director, can you tell the fans what that consists of?

A: I am challenged with the responsibility of directing the operations at BRFC on a day-to-day basis.

Brilliant.

:lol:

Q "So Paul. Tell us all about Public Relations..."

A "Sure, I'm challenged with having relations with the public."

Q "Pardon? Go on..."

A "I'd rather not."

Q "You can't can you?"

A "er, yes, of course I can. If we have to have relations with the public, and apparently we do, then I am the one challenged to provide these relations with the public."

Q "Thanks. That was great. We'll let you get back to operating on directors"

"I believe that if the team is good and off the pitch is poor, off the pitch is considered to be good. Also, if the team is poor but off the pitch is good then off the pitch is considered to be poor. It's as simple as that." :blink:

I've read this about 10 times now and I still have not got the remotest idea what he's trying to say.

i think hes TRYING to say is if we doing well ON the pitch then what happens off it won't matter and if we are poor on it then no matter if we are good off it then it won't matter as its what counts on it....huh..i give up. im having a breakdown

i think hes TRYING to say is if we doing well ON the pitch then what happens off it won't matter and if we are poor on it then no matter if we are good off it then it won't matter as its what counts on it....huh..i give up. im having a breakdown

Yes, I believe that's more or less it. The paragraph after that in the paper makes the analogy that if we win 4-0 then nothing else matters. If we lose 4-0 and your seat was a bit damp then watch out - cause they'll be complaints.

Either way, this is the same style that Kean uses. Why use a few words when a whole load of utter nonsense will do. It eats up time, avoids further questions, and every man and his dog loses the will to live let alone listen.

By the time Kean has splattered out his cliches that we're all unfortunately over familiar with* it's gone dark and he's got through the required 5 mins or whatever it is that constitute a post match "presser".

*("we just feel that.....", "see what we're trying to do here", "work hard on that next week in training", "we've a few coming back" "full support of the owners", "confident that we'll string a wee winning run together over the next few games", "we've had a positive run of results" (i.e. 3 draws a win and two losses), "it's a minority", "my position has never been questioned", "I never question referees" and "your always negative Andy" - that sort of thing)

Brilliant.

so in other words, everybody at rovers does what this illegitimate tells em to!!

''I believe that if the team is good and off the pitch is poor, off the pitch is considered to be good. Also, if the team is poor but off the pitch is good then off the pitch is considered to be poor. It is as simple as that. ''

:wacko:

If one complete fruitcake in Teflon was not enough we now definately have another inmate from Whittingham on board!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is Paul, he probably thinks he is being 'professional,' he's just a third rate nomark who was out of his depth at 4th division PNE 20 years ago.

With his shelving and racking salesman pal on board, 'third rate' sums up the BRFC operation as well.

John Williams to this.

:lol:

Q "So Paul. Tell us all about Public Relations..."

A "Sure, I'm challenged with having relations with the public."

Q "Pardon? Go on..."

A "I'd rather not."

Q "You can't can you?"

A "er, yes, of course I can. If we have to have relations with the public, and apparently we do, then I am the one challenged to provide these relations with the public."

Q "Thanks. That was great. We'll let you get back to operating on directors"

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

The question that needed asking from day 1 and even more so today is:-

What has Steve Kean done both prior to managing Rovers, and since becoming manager of Rovers to justify keeping his job?

It's a straight forward question that nobody can answer.

The irony with that interview he's given is that anyone who was wavering and considering buying a season ticket will now think 'what a crock of ****' and give it a miss. If it is Shebby, Agnew and Shaws job to smooth things over at Ewood they are still seriously missing the issue.

It's just jibberish, more of the same and it will get worse, as the only truth spoken is the new dream team (sic) cannot do anything until the season kicks off, so we get Keanscum spouting about how he's getting ready for the PL, and now this - there will be a lot more crap spouted before a ball is kicked in earnest! The whole regime stinks - you could buy twenty Danny Murphys and one I'm the Best and I won't go back till we have a manager who knows what they are doing, and for that read owners too.

The thing is Paul, he probably thinks he is being 'professional,' he's just a third rate nomark who was out of his depth at 4th division PNE 20 years ago.

With his shelving and racking salesman pal on board, 'third rate' sums up the BRFC operation as well.

John Williams to this.

Kean,Agnew,Shaw.....complete and utter chancers.

People who in the past have looked on with envious eyes at Allardyce,Williams,Finn and thought Mmmmm...I'd like a chance at that!

Couple that with owners who are clearly nieve and detached and the dice was rolled,they took their chances and just look at them now.

Make no mistake,they will bullshyte to the end of the World to hold onto these positions...

God help this club.

"I am very keen that we are genuinely transparent"

This sums up the situation in a nutshell....

'coming up to date, we have been hovering around relegation for a while, 3 out of the last 5 seasons', is he for real? 2 of those seasons were under kean and before that when sam left we were in midtable, what the fluck is he on about?

Thanks roverandout..... You saved me the job of pointing that bullsh1t out.

just about sums up the club a ridiculous mess....Keans position stronger than ever by Agnew + shaw being in the positions they are both recommended for those positions by Coco so who owns the club ? who is calling the shots ? cos the mrs Desai likes coco or his friendly with coco's wife just doesn't wash at all !

KEAN OUT AGNEW OUT VENKYS OUT SHAW OUT + HENDRY OUT ( IF HE SELLS HIS SOUL TO THESE IDIOTS )

can't believe the ###### Agnew as just come out with

That's not an interview it's a suicide note. Talking about taking a step back - that "interview" does that.

The pr*ck wants to move on from the past regarding their failures but it's ok not to move on and have a dig at the fan protests (the fact they were justified is a moot point. Talk about double standards.)

His clarity over his role was negilible. Seems like a rubber stamp for Kean/Venkeys/whoever's running us.

We were - as many have pointed out - nowhere near the relegation zone under Sam. In fact bar the Ince debacle since our return we've been mid table on average.

And finally if you know what went wrong how come Kean is still in charge? Surely you might just have a slight suspicion that kean might not be all he's cracked up to be. Never seen a situation where a manager is so bullet proof. Even Ferguson at manure has not this level of protection...

• 2 weeks later...

Well it appears they are building the Berlin wall , ex police chief in , agnews son now in , agnews assistant from his pr company in ,

Remind me again why they said hunt was removed ? Cut backs , remind me again why the man deemed the best in the business was removed Newsham ? oh that's right someone went telling tales that he had been shouting kean out down the pr system and he was added to keanos list ....

It does not matter how many people they remove , walls have eyes and ears.

I gather that security staff have been allocated seats within the BBE this season to be amongst the fans to spot those making anti-Kean chants. Carry on like that and only a handful of fans will be left at the end of the season......now, who might they be.

I gather that security staff have been allocated seats within the BBE this season to be amongst the fans to spot those making anti-Kean chants. Carry on like that and only a handful of fans will be left at the end of the season......now, who might they be.

Stewards are always around PB or are you talking more covert operations?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived