[Archived] Steve Kean video

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Why have they held onto this so long?

Anyway it's gone mainstream as I first saw it on a gaming forum I frequent

sportingintelligence ‏ @sportingintel

I don't think many if any other Prem League managers would survive if filmed alleging, without proof, crooked behaviour by another manager.

Kean in bold quotes, fans in italics.

"Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, all bid for him."

We can't not let him go though, can you? he's too big for us!

[unaudiable]

"I'll go back. When I came in, he was playing in the academy. So I went down to one of the academy games. I said, 'who's that lad there?' I said to the academy coach.

He said 'Phil Jones.'

And I went, 'what do you think to him?'

And they said 'oh, we're not sure we're gonna keep him on.'

I went, 'are you fudgin' joking?'

And he went 'what, do you think he's good?'

And I went 'send him up to see me at the training centre fudgin' tomorrow. Good? He's... he's... he's... he's as good as John Terry. He runs the... get him up to... if you don't like him, no problem. I fudgin' like him. Send him up to traini... to see me at training centre tomorrow.'

So I said to Sam, I said 'Sam, I've got a player here for you.'

He went, 'what is he like?'

I went 'he's better than John Terry at his age.'

And he went 'fudge off!' That's what Sam said.

And I went, I went...

What's your relationship like now with Sam like...

"I haven't spoke to him. He mullered me, so fudge him. No, I was good... I worked my balls off for him. And then, and then he had a go at me, fudge him."

So why did Sam get the sack then? (Lads give their opinions)

"Just because he's a fudgin' crook. That's the only reason.

So, listen. So I said to him, 'I've got a player here for you.' And he went 'fudge off.' And I went 'listen, he's brilliant.'

Anyway, Jonesy came up, you know, and, I tried to get that young group, because they weren't in the first team, so I had to get Olsson and Hoilett and Jones... and, and, and Hanley, so I worked with them and... I, I, I done double sessions with them everyday, and Jonesy was a marvelous p... a genius better. And Martin Olsson was brilliant, and Jason Lowe... and Jason Lowe is f*ckin'... but Jason Lowe's a player. We'll finish top half. And we'll win the Carling Cup."

Seriously?

"Yeah, definitely."

I bet you twenty quid...

"I bet you a hundred quid. I'll give you a hundred quid. Yeah. I totally respect you guys, and what I wanna do is when we go back, right, I'll say to Paul, Paul Agnew, the press officer and say to them 'let's get a fans forum..."

After tomorrow's game?

"Yeah! I'll walk over, and get all the guys to throw their shirts over to you's, definitely."

What about the people that are saying 'sh*t, we're going down the pan, we're not signing anyone.'

"All I'll say is judge us at the end of the window. Judge us at the end of the window."

And when you come right over and come and see us in the Blackburn End, that's all I want.

"I will! I promise you. I'll walk right over, and we'll get things in to the crowd for you. Promise you."

We've paid a lot of money to come over here.

"I totally respect that. It's top drawer."

We're hardcore fans.

Ends.

Good work in transcribing the bard of Cumbernauld.

Judging by the accuracy of his comments about the Carling Cup, where we would finish in the League and "judging us at the end of the transfer window" his descriptions of what he did for Phil Jones et al are equally accurate....

The bet is a good one- anybody collect?

As Nick Harris has spotted:

sportingintelligence ‏ @sportingintel

@PhilippeAuclair @Marcotti Vast majority of vid is ###### bloke speaks rubbish. 1 phrase I find instructive, suggestive of active plot role.

I can't see Venkys being bothered about this. He had probably already told them all of this and the fact he is still in a job shows they believe him.

The best we can hope for is a letter from BFS's solicitor asking Kean to explain the comments. Whether that would lead to a lawsuit is difficult to call. Litigation is expensive so you would have to be confident of winning to proceed. A lot of cases are settled out of court.

The best we can hope for is another nail in the coffin in what will be a long and arduous road to seeing him off. At least this will knock some of the shine off him.

I hope fans have a thick skin. Looking at the comments on twitter by those in the football media, the releasing of a private conversation hasn't gone down too well. Expect a few 'nasty & evil Rovers fans' articles in the papers over the coming days.

Happy to take stick if he is sacked.

At the end of the day those fans just egged him on, a man of dignity would never have made those comments.

Yes it was a private conversation, but he's waited all season without releasing it, its not like it went straight on youtube.

You could say that the owner of the video has given Kean a chance to see if he delivered on his word. Although the media still don't think he was given a chance at Rovers.

If that was a McKlish video it would have been put up straight away by the villa fans.

• Backroom

I hope fans have a thick skin. Looking at the comments on twitter by those in the football media, the releasing of a private conversation hasn't gone down too well. Expect a few 'nasty & evil Rovers fans' articles in the papers over the coming days.

So it's OK for them to do it when they're "exposing" cheats, but when we do it (and let's face it, Kean is a cheat, fraud, liar, parasite, scumbag, etc etc) it's not cool?

The media can take the moral high ground and shove it up their you-know-what.

Happy to take stick if he is sacked.

At the end of the day those fans just egged him on, a man of dignity would never have made those comments.

And Agnew wasn't there to stop any intrusive questions such as "what is your relationship like with Sam."

I very much doubt this will shift the support of the Venkys Witch. The more the opposition the more she perversely backs him. I suggest nothing less than wielding a blood-stained knife over a corpse will get this bugger out of Ewood.

Haven't the media been doing it for years ?

Pot, kettle, black...................................

We've been slagged off all season, nothing new there.

Archived