BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Edinho Junior

Kamy100

The Portugese revolution continues. The latest young Portugese player to arrive is Edinho Junior, he will be involved in the games tomorrow. The striker will look to impress Steve Kean in order to secure a deal with Rovers.

Looking into which agent(s) represent these players, it is highly unusual to get so many players from one country in such a short period of time.

Kean has contacts in Portugal - no different to Hughes bringing in Welsh players.

Mark Hughes is Welsh, one his countries greatest ever strikers and came to us from managing the Welsh national team.

Steve Kean is from Scotland but played in the Portuguese lower divisions for 3 years over 20 years ago.

So yeah, no different. No different at all.

Mark Hughes is Welsh, one his countries greatest ever strikers and came to us from managing the Welsh national team.

Steve Kean is from Scotland but played in the Portuguese lower divisions for 3 years over 20 years ago.

So yeah, no different. No different at all.

Correct LeChuck. This just smacks of someone not really having the connections that are needed. Kind of dipping your finger in and hoping that it tastes nice. Not all the best young players are playing in Portugal.

Is Kean not also fluent in Portuguese? I am sure I have read hat somewhere

Fluent in Portuguese, found Phil Jones, got Fulham promoted etc. I wonder if he really is or can he speak a little, you know he tells so many lies, it may not be true!!

Lol at someone saying it's no different to Hughes signing welsh players. I imagine these players have never heard of Kean till now and he has a contact in Portugal feeding them to him.. It is strange so there's probably a story in it. No problem with this if they're good enough. However they are probably not and will most likely struggle to adapt. Kean will sign these youngsters and serve us the classic Steve Kean and venky's b.s ''we have signed 6 or 7 players, so the squad is more than ready to get back to the premier league'' ... They are very very naive signings. With the parachute payments and the income from player sales recently we shouldn't need to be scouring Portugal! Very odd and worrying still for the fans.

Lol at someone saying it's no different to Hughes signing welsh players. I imagine these players have never heard of Kean till now and he has a contact in Portugal feeding them to him.. It is strange so there's probably a story in it. No problem with this if they're good enough. However they are probably not and will most likely struggle to adapt. Kean will sign these youngsters and serve us the classic Steve Kean and venky's b.s ''we have signed 6 or 7 players, so the squad is more than ready to get back to the premier league'' ... They are very very naive signings. With the parachute payments and the income from player sales recently we shouldn't need to be scouring Portugal! Very odd and worrying still for the fans.

Never heard of this Edinho before.

He is the son of a brazilian footballer that played in Portugal for many years but also played in the UK, Bradford City (1996/1997) and Dunfermline (1997/1998).

I would be happier if Rovers were targetting players like Agostinho Cá, that Barcelona just got from Sporting Lisbon for their B team.

I think there is a risk that people immediately look at things negatively because it is Kean. Portugal have a good history of decent youngsters. Yes there is a risk that they won't settle - but that is the same for any foreign player.

If Kean is expecting these youngsters to make an immediate impact and play 46 matches - then I would be worried - but he hasn't said that. Lets just see how this pans out before judging the quality of the signings.

I think there is a risk that people immediately look at things negatively because it is Kean. Portugal have a good history of decent youngsters. Yes there is a risk that they won't settle - but that is the same for any foreign player.

If Kean is expecting these youngsters to make an immediate impact and play 46 matches - then I would be worried - but he hasn't said that. Lets just see how this pans out before judging the quality of the signings.

I accept that people assume the worse when it involves Kean but it does seem highty strange that all of a sudden the only thing you require to join BRFC is a Portugese passport!

There's something fishy about all these Portuguese players being linked with the club.

Maybe Venky's have give up on Brazil and decided to crack another market.

Or better still they believe that Portugal is Brazil's little sister just because they speak the same language, nothing would surprise me with these inept idiots.

Historically speaking, Portugal is Brazil's "mother", as during the Napoleonic wars the British Navy evacuated the Portuguese Royal household and whoever else wanted to go, to Brazil to save them from the French invaders

There's something fishy about all these Portuguese players being linked with the club.

Maybe Venky's have give up on Brazil and decided to crack another market.

Or better still they believe that Portugal is Brazil's little sister just because they speak the same language, nothing would surprise me with these inept idiots.

Maybe they flew over the guy who 'found' Ribeiro for us to Portugal and he's currently working his magic there? Souza was it?

I have no problems with us signing youth internationals from Portugal, as long as they aren't thrown in the front line and we don't sign players who are meant to get us straight back up. With Silva now not signing I'm growing increasingly worried that this will be yet another disappointing window, a trend that actually started before Venky's came into the picture.

KEANSCUM talks fluent bullshyte as well as Portuguese/scottish/cumbernaulese and Glaswegian extra !

Seriously, does anyone expect him to unearth a portuguese gem when he could not even manage to put a eam out of players playing in their natural positions ?

Getting players from the portuguese teams could be a good idea because most of the portuguese youngsters don't get many chances in their first years as seniors and they might be interested in moving to another country. They are good but the big portuguese teams prefere to loan or sell them and bet in south america players.

Archived