BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Hull City Home 12/13

Phil used the word 'apparently' he does that a lot when he's making something up ;)

No I use it when I am told something either:

- from a source I trust but the info seems unlikely or

- from a source I don't know well but the info fits into a known pattern

In this case, one of your dear colleagues told me about a large Hull following tonight.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says, we wore the yellow away shirt for Spartak Moscow in champions league, WE DIDNT. We wore a Red and black one, not the stripy one though. The Yellow kit was when Ray Harford was manager.

"Perhaps red and black had fallen out of vogue after being associated with the infamous scrap between team-mates David Batty and Graeme Le Saux in a Champions League tie at Spartak Moscow."

We desperately need pace in the squad.

Robinson

Orr Dann Hanley Givet

Pedersen Murphy Etuhu Ms Olsson

CKR Goodwillie

I'd go with that, having Orr pushing right up and Pedersen cutting in from the wing to supplement the central midfield area. Kazim-Richards is more of a natural winger as well so can drift wider right if we need pace on both sides.

Marcus Olsson has little end product but at least he'll stretch the defence and create more gaps for Murphy to find with his passing.

No offence LeChuck as you're usually not too bad with your line-ups but that's terrible. Goodwillie is not good enough, Pedersen offers nothing except a 1 out of 5 decent set-piece ratio.

Your defence is OK (although I'd perhaps have Hanley in for Dann and push Givet to CB ). Midfield should be Simon-Murphy-Etuhu-Nunes, with Formica playing off CKR.

I noticed their was a crane lifting something on top of jack walker stand yesterday, today there now appears to be some kind of structure up there I have'nt noticed before, Doubt its anything interesting but couldn't help thinking maybe its a sniper hut to take out any protesters or a sound proofed/reinforced Box for the venkys to watch from.

I thought it was Bill Clinton at first glance...

was just going to say the same thing!!!

No offence LeChuck as you're usually not too bad with your line-ups but that's terrible. Goodwillie is not good enough, Pedersen offers nothing except a 1 out of 5 decent set-piece ratio.

Your defence is OK (although I'd perhaps have Hanley in for Dann and push Givet to CB ). Midfield should be Simon-Murphy-Etuhu-Nunes, with Formica playing off CKR.

Put mine on twitter earlier:

Robinson - Orr, Dann, Hanley, Givet - Lowe - Vukcevic, Murphy, Pedersen - Formica - Kazim-Richards.

Dann and Givet were excellent, but while Keanius, Shebby and co. keep with this mentality that we don't need more defenders, then that's the part I'm constantly questioning.

Vukcevic is one of our best players, and him not playing is hugely frustrating (only played a part of the Swansea game at Ewood and was unplayable in a game we looked fantastic in!) and Formica is NOT A WINGER. Nor is Rochina, who would be on stand-by in this line-up for me. Gomez is my "final 30'" player.

If we defend a one-goal lead for most of the game again tonight, I swear to you, I'm going to go mental!

Am I one of the only people who thinks Petrovic could've done a job in this league and gone on to do a job in the Premier League (should we have been promoted). He showed glimpses of having good passing and vision.

No, but there aren't many of us....he showed glimpses after a run in the team, something every player needs to properly showcase their ability...."blah blah Petrovic doesn't have any ability blah".....apparently our game is on tonight because the police didn't want Hull and Leeds fans on the same trains home last night as Leeds were away at Blackpool.

Really hope Vukcevic and Henley get a game but I can't see it hapening......we should gives Nunes a run out in my opinion.....Rochina should play off Kazim if fit enough......Givet and Dann to start again.....need to give CB's game time to establish a decent partnership.

"We looked very shakey against Brighton and were fortunate to win it. We dont look like we could hit a barn door to be honest, so i agree 2-0 to Blackburn"

Robinson; Lowe, Dann, Givet, Orr; Murphy, Etuhu; Nunes, Dunn, Marcus Olsson; Kazim-Kazim.

J. Kean, Pedersen, Gomes, Jorge, Edinho, Hanley, Ribeiro.

Where's Formica? Can we start panicking about him being sold?

• Backroom

Only CKR as a striker and just Gomes on the bench?

Let's hope we don't have to score to win then :P

Goodwillie can't even make the bench now

Pleased that hes gone with two out and out wingers but would have put vuckevic in instead of Olsson. Pleased to see nunes playing, think he is a good player.

Gomes didn't play well on Saturday so not surprised to see him dropped. Also pleased that formica is not starting.

Subs bench is a bit weak though. Where's rochina, vuckevic, formica, Goodwillie and Henley? I'd have those players on the bench.

Marcus Olsson over Vuckevic, Rochina and Formica. Jesus wept.

We will not win with that side.

Simon is not yet fit and it is unclear how match-fit Rochina is.

Surprised to see Formica totally left out of the squad and I am also amazed that Kean has dropped MGP. Any MGP success would have been points on the board in his battle against Shebby.

Archived