BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Singh Made to Grovel!

This isn't a bad thing for Kean it's a bloody brilliant thing for Kean. This has played right into his hands, lose a few games now blame shebby, come out of window with no striker blame shebby, players become unsettled blame shebby, remaining fans(whats left) become frustrated blame shebby, owners become concerned blame shebby.

What I would like to see though is Cryer grow a pair and ask Kean 1 simple question "Steve you now feel that Shebby should apologise for his comments, however the majority of Blackburn fans feel as though you should apologise for comments you have made since being taken on as manager of this football club, i.e. in regards to signing players and players contracts, which now seem as though you knew neither would actually happen and also for the clubs relegation, after promising the fans you would not take the team down into the championship?"

No answer from Kean.

"So you are then refusing to apologise, is that correct Steve"

No answer.

"Okay Steve thanks, I will relay that you are refusing to apologise to the fans"

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Frankly Singh was only echoing what most fans would think so I think it's a bit precious for the players to be jumping up and down pretending to be upset after the way they've performed over the last couple of seasons.

Whilst I absolutely agree that the players deserve far more stick than they've gotten for some quite frankly pathetic performances over the past eighteen months... the fact remains that a man in Shebby's position simply cannot make those types of comments and expect for there to be no fallout. As a pundit Shebby is used to airing his uncensored opinion in public, no matter how ridiculous it often is, but as our supposed "global advisor" he cannot act the same way. He acknowledged this when he took the job, so he can't claim ignorance. It's embarrassing for the club for a man in his position to slate the manager and players in a public meeting, broadcast across all high-profile news channels. If he felt that way he should be telling Venky's and the team this in private, not telling the world that a player we currently have transfer listed is "useless" and that our manager has 3 games to save his job and that his promises are taken "with a pinch of salt", because that just raises the question of why a man who clearly inspires no faith whatsoever is still in the job at all.

At first I was amused by Shebby's comments, but upon reflection they were stupid and ill-advised. They just show the club up for the circus it is and I am sick of being embarrassed to tell people I support Blackburn Rovers.

In all this Keans reaction makes me laugh - if MGP is such a vital player why is he on the transfer list ? One for Mr Cryer to raise ?

because he loves to get his excuses in early...

i hope cryer goes in hard on him this season, his paper will get better sales and there are always sources at clubs willing to give them bits of news anyway. he doesn't need agnew etc. he has the chance to become/be a good journalist here. there's millions of stories he can investigate and he could earn a lot of respect in the town...

just read the article. The players are 'fully united' (to Mrs D.). You lot can KMA.

Okay Steve, what about Nzonzi? Hoillet (Does he still play for us?), Olsen, Givet, and the ones who left.

I worked for someone like that - sacked everyone who knew anything to hide his own serious failings, brought anyone in on a big vision, actually used the words 'what we're about is global domination' (We even called him David Brent then Steve Kean!) - I believe of the 7 employees left there is no one who knows anything. Bit like Rovers.

How many more meaningless delusional statements do we put up with from this clown before he gets the boot?

I think the sheer affrontery is what's getting to me.

Surely to god running to the press after six quiet weeks is a sackable offense. Any professional would have dealt with this behind closed doors.

Pull the trigger Shebs and lets move on PLEEEAAAASE.

Oh and Murphy is setting himself up big style if we loose a couple of games. Anyone see an injury coming if we lose a couple early on? Needs to keep his gob shut and lead if that's what he's here to do. Playing politics always ends up in a mess.

because he loves to get his excuses in early...

i hope cryer goes in hard on him this season, his paper will get better sales and there are always sources at clubs willing to give them bits of news anyway. he doesn't need agnew etc. he has the chance to become/be a good journalist here. there's millions of stories he can investigate and he could earn a lot of respect in the town...

I agree that there is an opportunity for him. Personally I feel he has been on the fans side for some time.

Whilst I absolutely agree that the players deserve far more stick than they've gotten for some quite frankly pathetic performances over the past eighteen months... the fact remains that a man in Shebby's position simply cannot make those types of comments and expect for there to be no fallout. As a pundit Shebby is used to airing his uncensored opinion in public, no matter how ridiculous it often is, but as our supposed "global advisor" he cannot act the same way. He acknowledged this when he took the job, so he can't claim ignorance. It's embarrassing for the club for a man in his position to slate the manager and players in a public meeting, broadcast across all high-profile news channels. If he felt that way he should be telling Venky's and the team this in private, not telling the world that a player we currently have transfer listed is "useless" and that our manager has 3 games to save his job and that his promises are taken "with a pinch of salt", because that just raises the question of why a man who clearly inspires no faith whatsoever is still in the job at all.

At first I was amused by Shebby's comments, but upon reflection they were stupid and ill-advised. They just show the club up for the circus it is and I am sick of being embarrassed to tell people I support Blackburn Rovers.

You raise a good point about Kean's status. However IF Singh has genuine authority and the autonomy to fire Kean himself his comments are a useful way of warning the manager results must improve and quickly.

Never ever be ashamed of supporting Blackburn Rovers Football Club. If asked for your opinions on the performance of the owners and/or manager to date then your response should no doubt be something different.

just read the article. The players are 'fully united' (to Mrs D.). You lot can KMA.

Okay Steve, what about Nzonzi? Hoillet (Does he still play for us?), Olsen, Givet, and the ones who left.

I worked for someone like that - sacked everyone who knew anything to hide his own serious failings, brought anyone in on a big vision, actually used the words 'what we're about is global domination' (We even called him David Brent then Steve Kean!) - I believe of the 7 employees left there is no one who knows anything. Bit like Rovers.

How many more meaningless delusional statements do we put up with from this clown before he gets the boot?

I think the sheer affrontery is what's getting to me.

Surely to god running to the press after six quiet weeks is a sackable offense. Any professional would have dealt with this behind closed doors.

Pull the trigger Shebs and lets move on PLEEEAAAASE.

I'm sure Kean is taking the biggest risk since he got here. After watching his interview again, he's very twitchy and nervous in it. At one point it's like he realizes what he's saying and backtracks saying... "We want to know what Shebby thinks." He's obviously trying to smear Shebby as much as possible and now as the ammunition to do it. But I doubt Shebby will be losing much sleep over it. He's well in with owners and he's one of their celebrity mates over in Asia. He visits them and takes his Bollywood friends over with him. Would they really want to insult Shebby by siding with a guy they've only known for a couple of years and who has been terrible at his job?

Not unless there's something more sinister going on, but if that's the case how and why did they bring Shebby Singh in in the first place?

This whole episode highlights AGAIN only one thing and its that kean is a complete scum bag who will do/say anything he can to keep the owners and and media on side (nothing new there really).

We all could say 100,000 worse things about that vile freak. All this makes me hate him more, who knew that was possible.

The other way of looking at this is that Kean has blamed all of his failings on other people / outside influences to Mrs D since he took over. She has believed Kean over everyone else. However Venkys have now put Shebby in place to 'find out the truth'.

If Kean is already running to Mrs D saying "It's not my fault, it's his" then that hardly looks good does it.

To give Kean a clean slate.

Shebby will turn out to be the fall guy and has made himself the excuse for a poor start to the season by causing disruption to the 'team'.

It's a set-up.

People saw this coming so why were certain factions so keen to put Shebby in the spotlight knowing what would happen??

Shebby should be carefully tracking his days spent in UK.

I hate Kean as much as the next man but cheering for shabby just makes us look ridiculous. The man is only slightly less corrupt, unqualified and in bed with venkys than Kean himself. What about his total u-turn on sacking Kean when he arrived at the club. We're witnessing 2 complete prats have an argument, I'm sure uncle jack would have booted them both straight through the door before they could blink.

Mmmmmmm..... hope Booth is right.

But surely if Shebby could sack Kean he'd be gone now?

I can face anymore Coco V Groucho.

I might start a thread 'How could it get worse?' because I keep thinking it's bottomed out and then someone passed Coco a shovel!

We are a laughing stock and rightly so.

I hate Kean as much as the next man but cheering for shabby just makes us look ridiculous. The man is only slightly less corrupt, unqualified and in bed with venkys than Kean himself. What about his total u-turn on sacking Kean when he arrived at the club. We're witnessing 2 complete prats have an argument, I'm sure uncle jack would have booted them both straight through the door before they could blink.

Makes us look ridiculous? I think the club sorted that one out for us a long time ago.

If it is a set up it has dire implications for the future of BRFC if they are willing to sell their good friend out for Steve Kean.

This is what really frightens me.

If it is a set up it has dire implications for the future of BRFC if they are willing to sell their good friend out for Steve Kean.

how good of a friend is singh really, to the v´s that is.?

this saga is getting weirder and weirder. I´m actually confused regarding the circumstances,that our club is working under. Never have i witnessed such chaos.

I am hoping that the underlying Indian 'family' theory holds up - but that can only be effective if the owners are in Pune.

Also if Shebby is just a mate of Bling then he will have little sway over the one that Pennywise is dogging.

But surely if Shebby could sack Kean he'd be gone now?

Not if they've said let's see how it goes, he might be better in a lower league and cheaper to keep him than sack him at the moment. You can bet Kean's agent will have pointed out that managers like Coyle have done well in the Championship and yet taken clubs down from the PL.

But for me it does smack of them trying to put Kean alongside someone who will be impossible to work with to try and get him to resign then they wouldn't have to pay him compensation. If Kean was so cock-sure of his position why's he wasting his time trying to discredit Shebby, he'd just brush it off. In that interview for the first time he looked nervous. Compare it with the day after we got relegated when he was so smug.

That's my hope anyway.

how good of a friend is singh really, to the v´s that is.?

this saga is getting weirder and weirder. I´m actually confused regarding the circumstances,that our club is working under. Never have i witnessed such chaos.

It's not just the friendship but Shebby is a link to the celebrity table for Venky's. Shebby has lots of friends in Bollywood and Asian television, he's one of the personalities on the scene. I just can't see why they'd ruin all that for a no mark like Kean. Perhaps if our manager was Mourinho, but not Kean.

So if Kean's influence overrides Shebby's there has to be big questions asked about how he's gone from first team coach to bigger than their biggest celebrity buddies.

This all comes back to the departure of JW.

If he was still here, Kean wouldn't be manager and we would still be in the PL. There would still be a proper club structure with people running the club knowing exactly what was needed. One single decision that's cost us everything.

FFS, talk about tail wagging the dog.

We need a Souness for a few months

Please no! I've a feeling that GS would profit greatly under this crooked regime...... cos I've a feeling he must have done under the last. :glare: I doubt Kean's the only bloke on the make to come out of Scotland and work at BRFC.

Sorry for keep posting these links.

BACKBURN BOSS STEVE KEAN CALLS FOR SHEBBY SINGH SACK - Daily Star.

http://www.dailystar...bby-Singh-sack/

Mrs. D. isn't moving quick enough for wee Steve it seems.

Your move shebbster, may as well keep the farce going and issue a statement calling for Kean to be sacked.

Whilst the club has no credibility you may as well call his bluff shebby.

Call Mrs Desai and demand Kean's instant dismissal, nobody would care that it is on the eve of the new season so long as he is gone.

If you lose, as I suspect you may, at least you tried, I and many would thank you for trying.

If you win and Kean is sacked well you would become an overnight hero.

C'mon shebby he who dares and all that.....

Archived