BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

Strongly disagree and evidence (gates) supports.

Sack Kean and I think gates would increase immediately by 5,000 minimum.

But we still have 12k going to games and only a few shouting for the idiot to be removed...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say that at all.

Personally I cannot be bothered chanting "Kean Out" continuously when its a complete waste of time and just falls on deaf ears.

I AM happier to be winning games obviously, who wouldn't be? BUT still want him out.

The fans did start getting behind the team a bit on Tuesday, admittedly it was only 'Barmy Army' mainly but it seemed to perk them up.

The fans should be calling for Keans head for the entire 90 minutes, it's not about winning games for goodness sake, it's gone beyond that, he needs removing ASAP, supporting the team and encouraging them makes his position stronger.

Like I said earlier, the majority of fans either can't be arsed or as fickle ad they come......

Not a popular view I'd imagine, but it's how I feel.

I imagine there aren't many on here who have put full effort into running around a football pitch for 90 minutes at a professional level three times in a week on top of training (which will be less strenuous than usual but still required for tactical reasons if nothing else, given the variety of teams we have played in this short period + how much we need to improve from recent games), given how many people are saying that tiredness in football is a myth. Given footballers are rarely at 100% fitness and we have some older players amongst us, I really don't understand how people can't see that it is a factor.

The fans should be calling for Keans head for the entire 90 minutes, it's not about winning games for goodness sake, it's gone beyond that, he needs removing ASAP, supporting the team and encouraging them makes his position stronger.

I disagree with that view.

I don't know anybody that still goes to Ewood that want Kean as manager, so they are not now 'fickle' after seeing a few wins.

The atmosphere at games is just generally odd, I looked around when Rhodes scored and it reminded me of an early League Cup tie when half interested fans politely clap.

The heart has been ripped out of fans, be they the ones in the ground or elsewhere.

The atmosphere at games is just generally odd, I looked around when Rhodes scored and it reminded me of an early League Cup tie when half interested fans politely clap.

We said that on Tuesday. It is a whole season of Carling Cup 2nd round games. Everyone is sat around chatting and the footy just happens to be on in front of us.

I'm disappointed SKy haven't put up the video of Keans recent fan comments.

I'm a masochist you see

The "agency" will probably arrange with skyem to have them ticker taping style across the bottom of the screen during the match, as part of the providing pundits contract.

.........message from P.A . Ribchester - Keep going champ, u big brave not so butch hero luv aggers xxxxx ....................

Bit rich telling the fans who go what they should be doing while you are pushing a trolley round Asda. If that's what will get him out, get down there and lead the calling for 90 mins

Well said ! It makes me laugh reading all these comments by people who have decided to boycott the home games going on about how the Kean out chants shouldn't be slowing down ect...

If you feel that strongly about it put your hand in your pocket, get a ticket and go on the ground and chant for Keans head for 90 minutes, but don't have the cheek to tell the real fans who are still paying to go and support their team to be doing your dirty work ... That's just wrong..!

Well said ! It makes me laugh reading all these comments by people who have decided to boycott the home games going on about how the Kean out chants shouldn't be slowing down ect...

If you feel that strongly about it put your hand in your pocket, get a ticket and go on the ground and chant for Keans head for 90 minutes, but don't have the cheek to tell the real fans who are still paying to go and support their team to be doing your dirty work ... That's just wrong..!

Pathetic we are not starting this 'real fans' arguement again are we

here we go again. the real fans..........blah blah yadda yadda

How are you a real fan when you don't go to the games and support the team, surly a fan is somebody who supports something they like/enjoy and believe in ... And you wouldn't fall into that category pal

How are you a real fan when you don't go to the games and support the team, surly a fan is somebody who supports something they like/enjoy and believe in ... And you wouldn't fall into that category pal

So you openly admit to believing in Kean, Venkys et al, and question whether other people are real fans?

Ok.

So you openly admit to believing in Kean, Venkys et al, and question whether other people are real fans?

Ok.

No I openly admit to giving the team my full support through thick and thin unlick a lot of other so called "fans".

What's happening with the manager and ownership of this club is out of the fans hands as all the protested ect showed last year when they resulted in no changes what so ever,

So surly as fans we should be doing the only thing we can do and that's get behind the team during the matches to help them achieve what we all want promotion, if you disagree with that then I personally have to question weather your a fan or not.

Just my opinion and your entitled to yours as well....

No I openly admit to giving the team my full support through thick and thin unlick a lot of other so called "fans".

What's happening with the manager and ownership of this club is out of the fans hands as all the protested ect showed last year when they resulted in no changes what so ever,

So surly as fans we should be doing the only thing we can do and that's get behind the team during the matches to help them achieve what we all want promotion, if you disagree with that then I personally have to question weather your a fan or not.

I wonder whether Portsmouth fans have the same view as you, in hindsight?

Question my loyalty as a fan all you like, makes no difference to me. I'm doing what I think is the best thing for the club, and you're doing what I think isn't in the best interest of the club.

As you say, i'm entitled to my opinion.

I wonder whether Portsmouth fans have the same view as you, in hindsight?

Question my loyalty as a fan all you like, makes no difference to me. I'm doing what I think is the best thing for the club, and you're doing what I think isn't in the best interest of the club.

As you say, i'm entitled to my opinion.

I'm sure if the same number Portsmouth fans boycotted the games they would have gone under sooner than they did.

I do not believe that you are entitled to question whether or not I am a fan. You are entitled to do as you want and that is all.

I'm sure if the same number Portsmouth fans boycotted the games they would have gone under sooner than they did.

Not considered that protests against their dubious owners could have resulted in a different course of action then?

Interesting, especially considering we actually know the outcome in their sorry story.

I'm not going and I won't criticise you for going but real fans? do you know the background of everyone who is now boycotting? Do you know how many years they have watched Rovers in many cases, how many poor players and managers they have supported through that time? for them to now say "I really can't go to matches anymore" is surely an indication of just how bad it is. And those attending are tacitly supporting Kean and co as they will spin it as support even if it's not. some who are still going have accepted this and have decided that the advantages of being there, the plus points, outweigh for them that tacit support. Some, however, don't seem able to realise that they are doing this and live in a sort of cloud cuckoo land where if we are all some sort of super fans who attend regardless, it will all turn out right in the end. It won't - we will either implode and end up way down the table, of we'll get promoted and the manager will remain this subjecting us to even more pain and humiliation. I prefer not to attned and believe that eventually sheer economic necessity, if nothing else, will cause whoever owns our club to rid us of kean. I may be wrong but then so may, and I suggest probably, will you

I'm not going and I won't criticise you for going but real fans? do you know the background of everyone who is now boycotting? Do you know how many years they have watched Rovers in many cases, how many poor players and managers they have supported through that time? for them to now say "I really can't go to matches anymore" is surely an indication of just how bad it is. And those attending are tacitly supporting Kean and co as they will spin it as support even if it's not. some who are still going have accepted this and have decided that the advantages of being there, the plus points, outweigh for them that tacit support. Some, however, don't seem able to realise that they are doing this and live in a sort of cloud cuckoo land where if we are all some sort of super fans who attend regardless, it will all turn out right in the end. It won't - we will either implode and end up way down the table, of we'll get promoted and the manager will remain this subjecting us to even more pain and humiliation. I prefer not to attned and believe that eventually sheer economic necessity, if nothing else, will cause whoever owns our club to rid us of kean. I may be wrong but then so may, and I suggest probably, will you

I totally appreciate what your saying, and I was wrong to question people's support an I apologies for that.

How ever I do think boycotting games will do the club more harm than good both financially and on the field.

I personally couldn't dream of boycotting my team because of who the manager is ...

Not considered that protests against their dubious owners could have resulted in a different course of action then?

Interesting, especially considering we actually know the outcome in their sorry story.

Let's not worry about Portsmouth, lets just worry about Rovers.

Archived