BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

He's just been on SSN, saying he's turned the fans round. He's apparently getting loads of emails and letters supporting what he's doing and everyone in the village supports him.

Honestly, I kid you not.

If the Village in question is Burnley, then he is probably right.

Hopefully Cryer is right and 1 defeat is all it will take. Basically he'll be gone by Saturday!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all those that pay too much attention to betting Odds - Steve Kean has just shortened from 40/1 to 25/1.

That's not based on rumour, inside knowledge etc.. It's BetVictors computer shortening it up because there's that little money bet on that market that a few random £5's off this site can have that effect.

Will you be watching the game on Skysports tomorrow then? Thus condoning the money which they will be paying to the club to air the match.

Don't be stupid. They will get that money whether or not we watch it on television. Cutting off of one's appendages to spite one's mush is not to be recommended.

Den you're pulling my leg, Kean never really said that did he :lol:

I got caught out Gav. I couldn't get to the telly quick enough to turn it off. I'd have got there too if it hadn't been for the ruddy dog. Anyway, I might have not got the thing word perfect, but I'm sure that was the gist of it.

Andy Cryer throws in the towel and calls on all Rovers fans to ignore that Kean is the manager

I'm surprised it took the LT so long to fall back in line with the shortsighted appeasers.

That's what comes from having non-rovers fans reporting on he club. Peter White would not have been so quick to throw in the towel

A pretty incredible article really when you consider the contempt with which Cryer has been treated personally. I'm not sure this appeal will have much of an impact given the LT's pathetic attempts at scrutiny of the whole shabby Ewood affair.

As somebody who is not a regular attendee at Ewood, I'm not going to judge those fans who do choose to go. However, those who aren't going are completely within their rights given the way in which they (including the more vocal elements) have been targeted during Kean's reign of terror. The problems within the club go so much deeper than league position and the competition in which the team is currently competing. Why should people spend their money to fill Venky's coffers and hand the cretinous Kean any shred of a PR victory? The man is a toad and increased attendances will only massage his ego.

He's just been on SSN, saying he's turned the fans round. He's apparently getting loads of emails and letters supporting what he's doing and everyone in the village supports him.

Honestly, I kid you not.

I can't decide if the #### is delusional or antagonistic. Probably both. Either way the man is without shame or honour.

IMO, spot on and I think he is under immense pressure.

Odds of 40/1 are unbelievably attractive for him to be the next Championship manager to go, however, I would not have put money on just because of the odds - they are a bonus; I think he is in serious trouble and don't be surprised if these odds don't tumble tomorrow.

Do you really think that you have any credibility left?

• Backroom

Keans odds down from 40/1 to 14/1 in about 3 hours.

Would need more than an odd £fiver to do that !

As others said I Doubt it's a market with much going on it and a few bets would bring it down wouldn't they?

Even if it is very unlikely the 40/1 would be tempting to anyone so thanks for pointing that out I was astonished I thought he'd be 10/1 or so

Just seen the San interview. He says we are only a couple of hundred home fans down! Don't know where he is looking, cos its not at the crowd during the game or the official attendance

He's got special eyesight that render empty seats and low flying planes invisible.

Honestly, I kid you not.

Shows the guy is only talking to the owners via the media.

Can you imagine the crowd reaction if they show that interview on the big screen before the game?

Do you really think that you have any credibility left?

More than you think pal.

Who first broke news on here the day the deal was agreed with Huddesfield for Rhodes - hours before Cryer, Nicko, Beeb, Sky or whoever even had a sniff. That came from the Huddersfield end.

Can't be bothered trying to find the post, just ask Tom M if you need confirmation.

By the way, made a good few bob on that one !

Archived