BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

Some quotes from tonight's opposition's manager Tony Mowbray.

“I don’t know whether it’s a majority or a minority - probably a minority - of the home crowd calling for the manager’s head.

“I’m sure he’s a very honest, hard-working professional doing his job.

“And yet Steve’s shown great dignity and there they are, top of the table.

:wstu:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some quotes from tonight's opposition's manager Tony Mowbray.

“I don’t know whether it’s a majority or a minority - probably a minority - of the home crowd calling for the manager’s head.

“I’m sure he’s a very honest, hard-working professional doing his job.

“And yet Steve’s shown great dignity and there they are, top of the table.

:wstu:

Ah, so Mowbray lives in 'the village' :-)

As has been said before, managers, players etc all close ranks together. They very rarely if ever speak out against their own in public. It just doesn't happen.

Mowbray may consider kean to be the biggest idiot he has ever come across in football. But he won't say so in public.

• Backroom

Mowbray may consider kean to be the biggest idiot he has ever come across in football. But he won't say so in public.

Indeed.

Within footballing ranks the fans are in many ways considered an enemy. People in football do not tend to have a good opinion of the fans and will almost always back their own before taking the side of the fans, certainly when it comes to other clubs.

Kean could come out with "the fans suck and I'm awesome" tattooed on his bald cranium and the pundits and managers would still come out with "dignity", "class", etc etc.

I'm not going and I won't criticise you for going but real fans? do you know the background of everyone who is now boycotting? Do you know how many years they have watched Rovers in many cases, how many poor players and managers they have supported through that time? for them to now say "I really can't go to matches anymore" is surely an indication of just how bad it is. And those attending are tacitly supporting Kean and co as they will spin it as support even if it's not. some who are still going have accepted this and have decided that the advantages of being there, the plus points, outweigh for them that tacit support. Some, however, don't seem able to realise that they are doing this and live in a sort of cloud cuckoo land where if we are all some sort of super fans who attend regardless, it will all turn out right in the end. It won't - we will either implode and end up way down the table, of we'll get promoted and the manager will remain this subjecting us to even more pain and humiliation. I prefer not to attned and believe that eventually sheer economic necessity, if nothing else, will cause whoever owns our club to rid us of kean. I may be wrong but then so may, and I suggest probably, will you

+1

Bit rich telling the fans who go what they should be doing while you are pushing a trolley round Asda. If that's what will get him out, get down there and lead the calling for 90 mins

You make a good point Exiled and one I alluded to myself in my post.

I did more than most the last time I went, sadly I felt like a lone voice, so I also gave up the ghost and voted with my feet.

Well said ! It makes me laugh reading all these comments by people who have decided to boycott the home games going on about how the Kean out chants shouldn't be slowing down ect...

If you feel that strongly about it put your hand in your pocket, get a ticket and go on the ground and chant for Keans head for 90 minutes, but don't have the cheek to tell the real fans who are still paying to go and support their team to be doing your dirty work ... That's just wrong..!

Real fans eh......of Which I'm obviously not one....

Mercer - Are you sticking with:

One loss = New Manager?

That one is not my call - inference from Cryer.

I'll settle for it though.

I honestly think Kean's under enormous pressure even if we win - more than half empty stadium, no shirt / stand sponsor, corporate sales through the floor, allegedly, free tickets by the bucket load. Think the penny is finally dropping with Venkys. Met up with two Bolton supporters this afternoon and from what they were saying, it will be a race between who's fired first (Coyle or Kean). At least it might keep SEM busy !

If kean is not not sacked in the next few days. Treat anything said by those who CLAIM to be in the know as a pinch of salt. From the action group to those involved in podcasts on here. Because somebody is leading them up the deluded path.

All their reputations are on the line NOW.

Although the time is long over due, it is time to put up or shut up. Time to spill all or get off this site.

Although I do believe kean is going. But if I am wrong. The above must apply.

To be fair to Glen he's not said that Kean will be sacked after 1 loss. He said that he hasn't been told the points target but has been told that 3 defeats on the bounce and Kean would be out.

The issue of Kean being sacked today seems to be one that Phil has gone for. Wouldn't be the first time phil's ended up with egg on his face, he's beginning to resemble an omelette

To be fair to Glen he's not said that Kean will be sacked after 1 loss. He said that he hasn't been told the points target but has been told that 3 defeats on the bounce and Kean would be out.

The issue of Kean being sacked today seems to be one that Phil has gone for. Wouldn't be the first time phil's ended up with egg on his face, he's beginning to resemble an omelette

I wasn't singling out any particular individuals. Just that whatever information that comes out of the club, that is shared by anybody. Needs to be taken like a pinch of salt. So many rumours, counter rumors etc etc. But as you mentioned Glen, I also do not recall him saying any particular target.

Archived