BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

I keep reading all of these posts about we will get promoted regardless. I am practically certain that we will not be promoted under Kean. Should we achieve this then everyone can throw it in my face for years to come.

Everyone attending games has said that we have not played well and have been lucky. At some point either we will start playing well and continue to storm the league or we will get the points our performances deserve and struggle. It's highly unlikely the current performance/points trend will continue. Therefore do you think Kean can improve us so that we can play better. Of course he can't. There's only one way this season will go from here if Kean is still kept in charge.

I share your fear that under Kean we won't improve - and all we can rely on is moments of inspiration to win us matches. There were few matches we have won under Kean that didn't rely of individual performances - in the Premiership mostly Hoilett and Yak.

However our present good run isn't luck - it is poor finishing by the opposition combined with the better quality we have. I doubt that the opposition will continue to be so generous - so if we don't improve (especially defensively) - automatic promotion will be unlikely - though play-offs should be within our grasp.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I read Cryer's article is if results stop coming then Kean will be gone, because that's what he is suggesting on twitter.

So I think he's saying enjoy winning games now and if we stop then fine because he'll go.

But like others have said Kean and co will just spin that to his advantage so I wouldn't recommend it personally.

I read it that way also.

Personally, I think the days of Kean and co spinning to their advantage are over. He's lost his face-to-face access to Madame. His press conferences, previously expressions of 100% confidence to Madame, now seek to blame the players even when we win. He has been rumbled by the nationals. He has no pulpit. Last season it was Madame keeping him in a job; this season it's results.

Andy Cryer is saying, in code, he'll be gone the minute results turn, so start to savour the imminent end of the tyrant.

I read it that way also.

Personally, I think the days of Kean and co spinning to their advantage are over. He's lost his face-to-face access to Madame. His press conferences, previously exp<b></b>ressions of 100% confidence to Madame, now seek to blame the players even when we win. He has been rumbled by the nationals. He has no pulpit. Last season it was Madame keeping him in a job; this season it's results.

Andy Cryer is saying, in code, he'll be gone the minute results turn, so start to savour the imminent end of the tyrant.

Andy Cryer has tweeted that he believes Kean will be sacked following one defeat.

Does anyone know when Kean´s contract ends?

I think the official line is next summer but he did sign that improved contract last season due to "saving" us from relegation the season before. At the time the club said there had been no extension to the length of the contract but we were heading to an all time low around that point, so i wouldn't be surprised if they gave him an extra year and just didn't announce it due to it probably causing riots on match day.

I think the official line is next summer but he did sign that improved contract last season due to "saving" us from relegation the season before. At the time the club said there had been no extension to the length of the contract but we were heading to an all time low around that point, so i wouldn't be surprised if they gave him an extra year and just didn't announce it due to it probably causing riots on match day.

Soon there won´t be enough people on matchdays to call it riot. Just few lads fighting.

Andy Cryer has tweeted that he believes Kean will be sacked following one defeat.

That's got to be rubbish. Otherwise why not sack him now. It can't be because they don't want to look stupid sacking someone who hasn't lost a game cos they look ridiculous to everyone in football already.

That's got to be rubbish. Otherwise why not sack him now. It can't be because they don't want to look stupid sacking someone who hasn't lost a game cos they look ridiculous to everyone in football already.

Well that's exactly what he tweeted so he must've been told something. Also that's what they did with Allardyce after we lost at Bolton.

He's just been on SSN, saying he's turned the fans round. He's apparently getting loads of emails and letters supporting what he's doing and everyone in the village supports him.

Honestly, I kid you not.

Den, that is very very funny. Further proof that he has lost his head.

Well that's exactly what he tweeted so he must've been told something. Also that's what they did with Allardyce after we lost at Bolton.

Not exactly. It was after the drubbing against Utd, a win against lowly Wolves where they hit to woodwork twice in the first ten minutes and a ten man defeat to Bolton. Plus all sorts of backroom stuff.

He's just been on SSN, saying he's turned the fans round. He's apparently getting loads of emails and letters supporting what he's doing and everyone in the village supports him.

Honestly, I kid you not.

Den, that is very very funny. Further proof that he has lost his head.

If you think thats funny then you should be watching Wanted Down Under, BBC2, with a young asian couple the Hussain family from Blackburn dissing the cost and quality of Sydney properties over their Blackburn home.

They've just plumped for Australia though.

Honestly, I kid you not.

You have got to be taking the p*ss? I really do think the end is nigh for Stevie boy.

Honestly, I kid you not.

The guy is a serial liar. How if everyone supports him is the stadium empty? The guy just can't help massaging his own ego and telling the waiting press how great he is. We have not played well this season. In fact we have been dreadful. The only difference between us and certain defeats against other teams has been that we have two players a bit better than other teams. That is it. Shebby no doubts sees this. Hopefully he has told the owners this. They can see with their own eyes how empty Ewood is. You could almost guarantee that if Kean was sacked, thousands of fans would return and so would the sponsors.

No, absolute proof he know's he's in trouble and is spinning this line/lie to appeal to Desai

IMO, spot on and I think he is under immense pressure.

Odds of 40/1 are unbelievably attractive for him to be the next Championship manager to go, however, I would not have put money on just because of the odds - they are a bonus; I think he is in serious trouble and don't be surprised if these odds don't tumble tomorrow.

Archived