BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only downside being, rainforests are not used in the paper making industry, they use their own forests and for each tree cut down, a further three are planted!!

I've heard that the people who are writing these letters of support have their own special rain forest (in an imaginary village) to get their paper Kelbo, not only do the trees not get replaced but it's directly underneath the hole in the ozone layer. They just don't care and Kean probably thinks it's funny.

He plays footy ... Nothing else. Thousands pounds a week... I'd play a game every day for 1k a week let alone what they earn in a week that takes us two years to earn..

Not a pop at you chuck , just the tired thing.

Seems to be thiis myth that's been created around footballers being unable to play 3 games in a week, as the wages got fatter the games became less.

Look at Tennis players, they train daily, and often play 5 games in a week lasting up to 4 and 5hrs a piece on the odd occasion!

If they can't play 3 games a week they're simply not fit enough, but that's now accepted by both managers and fans alike.

Trouble has been there's only been small pockets of the Darwen Enders chanting it (there the only ones I could hear).

I can't really complain as I'm boycotting until he's gone, but it does seem that the vast majority are happy to be winning again and couldn't careless who the manager is.

The anger I felt at the end of the Wigan game last season will live with me forever, I hate the man and that will never change , and I cant enjoy winning whilst he's still at the club and is the reason I'm not going.

do you think his comments are a direct wind up to the fans or do you think in his interviews he feels he has to justify to the nation why he is in a job so thats where these ludicrus comments come from? only a few hundred fans missing? yeah to the power of ten

Could be wrong and Majibal is probably a better person to answer this question really.

I would say its not that they can't play 3 games in a week, more likely that they can but they cant play to their maximum. The game has gotten quicker over the years and it will demand more out of them, they will cover alot of ground at a high intensity, along with tackling, shooting, passing, jumping etc its going to take it out of them.

Older bods will have longer recovery times than the young un's and it would be more about being able to get the maximum out of the players for each game.

We will have a sports science guy/team at the club doing all this kind of thing.

Brad he's winding fans up again. He's a bellend.

Could be wrong and Majibal is probably a better person to answer this question really.

I would say its not that they can't play 3 games in a week, more likely that they can but they cant play to their maximum. The game has gotten quicker over the years and it will demand more out of them, they will cover alot of ground at a high intensity, along with tackling, shooting, passing, jumping etc its going to take it out of them.

Older bods will have longer recovery times than the young un's and it would be more about being able to get the maximum out of the players for each game.

We will have a sports science guy/team at the club doing all this kind of thing.

He needs to give a diet sheet to robbo then.

do you think his comments are a direct wind up to the fans or do you think in his interviews he feels he has to justify to the nation why he is in a job so thats where these ludicrus comments come from? only a few hundred fans missing? yeah to the power of ten

Now I know Andy Cryer is going to find this difficult - now that he thinks the fans are obsessed with Kean, but if you get the opportunity Andy ask him a simple question. Ask him why the average attendance when he took over was 25000 and now it's 13000. Ask him how much responsibility he accepts for that. In fact BRAGAG can ask Shebby the same question, but I guess you'll only get a stupid answer retracted after a few days.

• Backroom

I've heard that the people who are writing these letters of support have their own special rain forest (in an imaginary village) to get their paper Kelbo, not only do the trees not get replaced but it's directly underneath the hole in the ozone layer. They just don't care and Kean probably thinks it's funny.

I heard the same thing Bob. He's an evil man, no question.

Seriously though... since we went down Kean has been reduced to surprisingly realistic (on the whole) soundbites in the media. Mainly after-match or pre-match comments that don't really have any substance to them.

Why, now, has he decided to start trolling the fans again? It's like he's waited for the hatred for him to subside to a lower level (as evidenced by the lack of chanting and people starting to stick up for him 'cos we're top of the league) and then come storming back with the same stupid comments that made him hated in the first place. The man is a professional WUM, no question about it. If we are to assume Kean uses the media to influence the owners, surely even they must know it's more than a couple of hundred people gone? Try closer to 10,000. They must know this.

As for winning back fans... well Keano, I can safely say no matter what you do you will never win me back. I'll hate you until the day you leave the club and I will never praise you, even begrudgingly. Some may say it's unfair but quite frankly it isn't fair that I have to endure you at all.

Not sure why I'm writing this as if it's to Kean tbh as it's highly unlikely baldo will read it... feels good though so it's alright.

Brad he's winding fans up again. He's a bellend.

He needs to give a diet sheet to robbo then.

....and you by the sounds of it, 18st! LoL

Ps - glad I don't go anymore, you can't now nip down 10 rows and give me a good hiding for such remarks!

I can't really complain as I'm boycotting until he's gone, but it does seem that the vast majority are happy to be winning again and couldn't careless who the manager is.

The anger I felt at the end of the Wigan game last season will live with me forever, I hate the man and that will never change , and I cant enjoy winning whilst he's still at the club and is the reason I'm not going.

I wouldn't say that at all.

Personally I cannot be bothered chanting "Kean Out" continuously when its a complete waste of time and just falls on deaf ears.

I AM happier to be winning games obviously, who wouldn't be? BUT still want him out.

The fans did start getting behind the team a bit on Tuesday, admittedly it was only 'Barmy Army' mainly but it seemed to perk them up.

Seems to be thiis myth that's been created around footballers being unable to play 3 games in a week, as the wages got fatter the games became less.

Look at Tennis players, they train daily, and often play 5 games in a week lasting up to 4 and 5hrs a piece on the odd occasion!

If they can't play 3 games a week they're simply not fit enough, but that's now accepted by both managers and fans alike.

+1,000,000

Look at Andy Murray's 2012 schedule:

DATE

2 Jan

16 Jan

6 Feb

27 Feb

8 Mar

21 Mar

15 Apr

23 Apr

6 May

13 May

27 May

11 Jun

25 Jun

28 Jul

6 Aug

13 Aug

27 Aug

1 Oct

7 Oct

29 Oct

5 Nov

TOURNAMENT

Brisbane

Australian Open

Davis Cup

Dubai

Indian Wells

Miami

Monte Carlo

Barcelona

Madrid

Rome

French Open

Queen's

Wimbledon

Olympics

Montreal

Cincinnati

US Open

Tokyo

Shanghai

Paris

London

Puts all the cosseted footballers to shame.

They simply wouldn't cope with Murray's schedule.

Training for a couple of hours (if that), four times a week and a max of say 50 games (for Rovers) over a season, averaging about 1.5 games per week - a piece of p1ss !

Strongly disagree and evidence (gates) supports.

Sack Kean and I think gates would increase immediately by 5,000 minimum.

I'm sure they can play 3 games in a week, but it would be silly to do so with such a big squad.

If Andy Murray made it to the final of Wimbledon and in every round he had a grueling 5 set match. But, his opponent in the final Novak Djorkavic had won every round easily in 3 sets, it stands to reason that Djorkavic would have an advantage in fitness levels.

The same applies to football. Those teams that are able to rotate players, and keep them all as fresh as possible, over the course of a season will have an advantage.

Friday is 'poets day' so that's me off to the pub now. Meeting up with a few including a couple of Bolton supporters who, unsurprisingly, now view Coyle in the same light as we have viewed Kean for almost 2 years. Should be fun and interesting as one is a neighbour of one of the Bolton lads !

If I were to guess:

I suspect that Kean's latest comments as usual are directed towards the owners or specifically the one with all the power. I'm guessing that Shebby, Balaji and Venkatesh who have been in the country and at games have been telling Mrs D about the lack of crowds and therefore money coming into the club. Kean is feeling the pressure about this so he puts out statements to counter it like ‘the fans are being won over with points on the board and they are starting to come back’. This would also tie in with Agnew's comments in the LT the other week about the fans starting to come back.

We all know this is nonsense, a 10,000 drop since last season tells the real truth here. It's imperative in my view that the crowd figures stay roughly where they are now, if fans start to flock back then it will only back Kean's recent comments and reinforce his position.

I hope this is a sign of Kean running scared.

The 2 brothers and Shebby have seen with their own eyes:

- The shocking quality of football we're playing

- The empty stadium (which will go further than the 'official' attendance figure suggests)

- The fantastic away support, clearly boosted by non-ST holders

When they see the empty seats tonight that will blow Agnew's 'they'll come back if we're winning' line out of the water.

Its amazing that Kean gets away with saying that there are only a 'couple of hundred' people not attending and that he's getting letters of support.

What's been needed all along is a COMPLETE BOYCOTT of one of the home games, then we'll see what the attendance is.

Until half season tickets go on sale at Xmas, crowds will hardly rise at all. The Rovers matchgoing fanbase has always been mainly season ticket holders with 3000 or so matchday ticket buyers.

So, the 10000 missing fans are mainly ex ST holders who will buy a ST or not go at all. We won't be getting much more than 13k even if we win every game from now until Xmas.

Spin that one Kean.

His comments are about doing anything possible to cling on to his job and are specifically for the ears of Desai.

• Backroom

Until half season tickets go on sale at Xmas, crowds will hardly rise at all. The Rovers matchgoing fanbase has always been mainly season ticket holders with 3000 or so matchday ticket buyers.

So, the 10000 missing fans are mainly ex ST holders who will buy a ST or not go at all. We won't be getting much more than 13k even if we win every game from now until Xmas.

Spin that one Kean.

Depends how they play it if they have any sense they will sack him then sell a slightly reduced season ticket

But they won't

Archived