BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

Have noticed he is not being as overly, stupidly positive after every match - he has said when we have not played well and even said there is 'room for improvement', and that he 'was not impressed' with our first half display last night.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know he's out of his depth and utterly terrible but do you really think resting Gomes was a bad call?

For weeks people say Rochina deserves a start and when he does people still question it

As for Rhodes we have all heard that it was a Shebby signing but unless he stumped up the cash out of his own pocket it's not something I will throw praise at him for, the owners cleary endorsed the signing yet we messed around with the bid for ages it seemed.

Absolutely - we were shocking without him by all accounts. How many other players will be fatigued after unnecessarily being given the run around by Barnsley? Gomes didn't play 90 minutes at Bristol City don't forget.

He's 36 though......60+ mins 3 times in 6 days is extremely hard to do.

If he did play all three games, many of us would be lambasting Kean for making that stupid decision....and Gomes would most likely have been taken off at half time against Boro......would Scholes or Giggs play that often over a short space of time? I highly doubt it.

I appreciate Murphy and Etuhu didn't put in their greatest performance last night. But i really fear the day when Kean realises these two need a rest. In my eyes they are the only option we have in the middle. Pedersen is a passenger, Dunn is done, Jorge is just a boy and anyone else is another luxury 'in the hole' type. I think we'll get found out towards the end of a long season with the level of back up in the center of midfield we clearly lack.

I'm not going to slate him for resting Gomes. Thought it was a good move to give Rochina a run in what would appear to be an easier game. I would have given Dunn a game as well and rested Murphy. 3 games in 6 games is a big ask for our older players.

How about sub Robbo ?

Is it really Robbo's fault? I'm not an expert coach (I've only coached youth soccer for the last 6 years or so) but I was told that the keeper is only as good as the defense in front of him. And from most accounts our defense is pretty shaky at present.

And to quote George Graham:

The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

We all know he's out of his depth and utterly terrible but do you really think resting Gomes was a bad call?

You simply do not drop a player who is scoring goals Tom, I don't care if he is 36, if he's scoring enough he'll be fit enough in my opinion.

Andy Cryer throws in the towel and calls on all Rovers fans to ignore that Kean is the manager

I'm surprised it took the LT so long to fall back in line with the shortsighted appeasers.

That's what comes from having non-rovers fans reporting on he club. Peter White would not have been so quick to throw in the towel

Andy Cryer throws in the towel and calls on all Rovers fans to ignore that Kean is the manager

I'm surprised it took the LT so long to fall back in line with the shortsighted appeasers.

That's what comes from having non-rovers fans reporting on he club. Peter White would not have been so quick to throw in the towel

from cryers article

"All I am saying is, whether you go or not, is it worth letting one man ruin your passion? Rovers should walk this league and that should be enjoyable.

The debate about Kean almost every day must be tiresome for everyone and all a little bit pointless. He is Rovers’ manager. I know few will like it, but why cut your nose off to spite your face?"

It is not one man Andy, wake up and smell the coffee, grow some balls like the stay aways have and make a protest, no pain no gain. (it must be difficult for you being a Bristol City fan and not having the heritage of Blackburn Rovers)

The venky's have to be made to realise their mistakes and correct them ASAP, that is in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers, not handing to coco on a plate the scenario of "look Mrs D, the supporters have started coming back and we are top of the league"

Difficult to work out exactly where he's coming from here, but he appears to have changed his mind about the way the clubs structure has been destroyed, simply because we've got off to a good start results wise. If we'd have lost the first few games I don't think Andy would have written that article. Rather narrow minded piece.

Difficult to work out exactly where he's coming from here, but he appears to have changed his mind about the way the clubs structure has been destroyed, simply because we've got off to a good start results wise. If we'd have lost the first few games I don't think Andy would have written that article. Rather narrow minded piece.

Why should he dictate how we feel towards the people running the club?

I had a work do at Northcote Manor last night and was sat on the table next to Jordan Rhodes for brekkie. I told him that the vast majority of fans thought that Coco Kean is a right w***er, hated the clown and wanted rid of him and the Venkys, I also asked him what he thought of Kean.

He smiled, looked at his brand new Lambourgini parked outside, and said that he was not allowed to comment.

PNE Agnew would have asked him to write it with the promise of £50 advertising.

• Backroom

You simply do not drop a player who is scoring goals Tom, I don't care if he is 36, if he's scoring enough he'll be fit enough in my opinion.

Agree to disagree here

For me it worked well enough as it gave Rochina a run out and Gomes came on and got the winner

No, that just simply is not how it works. Football at this level is at an incredibly high intensity. For such a wonderful talent, he is 36, he will struggle to play 2 games in 4 days. That is the nature of professional football these days.

He wasn't dropped. He was rested and done so for a good reason. If he was dropped he wouldn't have come on and added to his tally because he'd have been dropped.

Just because you've decided to over-simplify it, that doesn't make it so.

Top managers don't treat their mid-thirties players like that, and for a very good reason.

Archived