BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

Difficult to work out exactly where he's coming from here, but he appears to have changed his mind about the way the clubs structure has been destroyed, simply because we've got off to a good start results wise. If we'd have lost the first few games I don't think Andy would have written that article. Rather narrow minded piece.

Agreed. I am not surprised the LT has changed it's view so quickly, it sure is going to be interesting to see what side of the fence they are on if results start to change.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read the Andy Cryer piece in the Telegraph I must admit that I think it's a pretty decent piece. He is not telling people what to do just offering a viewpoint which is different to many on here which is no doubt why is will be attacked for it. As one whose love of Blackburn Rovers is greater than my hatred of Steve Kean I can see where he is coming from. I have enjoyed the results this season. Football is a results business and this season they have been good. Even if we lose tomorrow we will still have averaged two points a game over the first seven games - in other words automatic promotion form. If promotion is the owners aim then at the moment we are on course to meet that target. The performances have left much to be desired but, then again, I can remember a number of terrible games in the past, under many different managers, where a good result was greeted with joy and nobody bothered about the performance.

Steve Kean is never going to be accepted by the supporters of that there is no doubt. I don't believe any of the fans going to matches now support the manager. Unless someone can prove otherwise - and we have seen no proof so far despite the endless conspiracy theories - Steve Kean did not appoint himself. He was appointed by Venkys and ultimately only Venkys can remove him. However, as Andy quite rightly says in his article the owners, despite their numerous mistakes in the past, have invested in some decent players this summer. Of course you can ask why this wasn't done twelve months ago or even in January and I still can't find an answer to that question.

Last season the cries were "Kean Out" and "Venkys Out" but now it appears that the attention is focused on the employee and not the employers who are the only ones who can remove him - unless someone can prove otherwise. There is more talk of the owners redeeming the situation which, in all fairness, it is still possible for them to do. Yet we have the Action Group developing a close working relationship with Shebby and hopefully the owners but at the same time a glance at their website shows that they are still selling "Venkys Out" badges. One wonders if they have sold one to Shebby or to other members of the family who have recently "honoured and humbled" them. I wonder if people will be as quick to attack the Action Group for hypocrisy. Personally, I think they are taking a purely pragmatic approach which is the right one to take at present and good on them for doing that.

We all agree that Kean needs to go. But I totally agree with Andy Cryer that it has become tiresome and pointless and has led to more than one altercation at away matches in particular. Ultimately, the decision will be made by a woman in India who does not attend matches and clearly doesn't want to lose face by sacking the man she originally backed.

I have no problem with people boycotting matches as that is a personal choice. However, when fellow supporters can accuse those attending are " mentally weak" and have been "swayed by a few wins" I really do despair. I'm happy to keep attending and enjoying the matches for what they are 90 minutes of football involving the team I have supported all my life. I believe it's what supporters do, support their team through thick and thin but I fully accept that others honestly and passionately believe that by not attending they are supporting their club. It's just a pity that people simply can't accept that different supporters will make different decisions with regard to attending matches. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong, people simply are making choices based on what they want to do.

Having read the Andy Cryer piece in the Telegraph I must admit that I think it's a pretty decent piece. He is not telling people what to do just offering a viewpoint which is different to many on here which is no doubt why is will be attacked for it. As one whose love of Blackburn Rovers is greater than my hatred of Steve Kean I can see where he is coming from. I have enjoyed the results this season. Football is a results business and this season they have been good. Even if we lose tomorrow we will still have averaged two points a game over the first seven games - in other words automatic promotion form. If promotion is the owners aim then at the moment we are on course to meet that target. The performances have left much to be desired but, then again, I can remember a number of terrible games in the past, under many different managers, where a good result was greeted with joy and nobody bothered about the performance.

Steve Kean is never going to be accepted by the supporters of that there is no doubt. I don't believe any of the fans going to matches now support the manager. Unless someone can prove otherwise - and we have seen no proof so far despite the endless conspiracy theories - Steve Kean did not appoint himself. He was appointed by Venkys and ultimately only Venkys can remove him. However, as Andy quite rightly says in his article the owners, despite their numerous mistakes in the past, have invested in some decent players this summer. Of course you can ask why this wasn't done twelve months ago or even in January and I still can't find an answer to that question.

Last season the cries were "Kean Out" and "Venkys Out" but now it appears that the attention is focused on the employee and not the employers who are the only ones who can remove him - unless someone can prove otherwise. There is more talk of the owners redeeming the situation which, in all fairness, it is still possible for them to do. Yet we have the Action Group developing a close working relationship with Shebby and hopefully the owners but at the same time a glance at their website shows that they are still selling "Venkys Out" badges. One wonders if they have sold one to Shebby or to other members of the family who have recently "honoured and humbled" them. I wonder if people will be as quick to attack the Action Group for hypocrisy. Personally, I think they are taking a purely pragmatic approach which is the right one to take at present and good on them for doing that.

We all agree that Kean needs to go. But I totally agree with Andy Cryer that it has become tiresome and pointless and has led to more than one altercation at away matches in particular. Ultimately, the decision will be made by a woman in India who does not attend matches and clearly doesn't want to lose face by sacking the man she originally backed.

I have no problem with people boycotting matches as that is a personal choice. However, when fellow supporters can accuse those attending are " mentally weak" and have been "swayed by a few wins" I really do despair. I'm happy to keep attending and enjoying the matches for what they are 90 minutes of football involving the team I have supported all my life. I believe it's what supporters do, support their team through thick and thin but I fully accept that others honestly and passionately believe that by not attending they are supporting their club. It's just a pity that people simply can't accept that different supporters will make different decisions with regard to attending matches. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong, people simply are making choices based on what they want to do.

Nicely put, 100% agree.

This is the same Cryer that had a front page article in the LT claiming that Rovers would be relegated under Kean and was calling for his head. Now he is saying lay off Kean and ignore him? Perhaps he's been talking to Shebby too much, another person who claimed Kean was at the point of no return in his opinion and now thinks otherwise. I'm sorry but talk about being fickle minded.

Those that have decided to take the extreme step of boycotting the club (which is not an easy decision) know they are not supporting Kean in any way or form and it cannot be spun that they are by the club. Can those who attend games or put money into the club say the same? Isn't your money supporting Kean financially? Your season tickets, merchandise purchases etc are putting money into the club which goes towards paying Kean's salary. I have no problem with those who have chose to give money to the club, it's their decision at the end of the day but it's black and white to me. Either you are supporting Kean or you aren't, there is no in-between or gray area here.

Read this forum and you can see there is just as much vitriol directed by fans that go towards fans that don't, there isn't just one side being persecuted here because of their stance. I'm not surprised there has been altercations but that isn't down to the fans that's down to the owners and manager. They have decided it has to be this way, the guy is such a divisive figure if they had any intention of a 'clean slate' they would have moved him on. Last season the team was supported 100% and the reward for that was relegation, fan power couldn't overcome having a ###### manager it's as simple as that.

There will be no unity whilst Kean is here, he's crossed his Rubicon.

, I can remember a number of terrible games in the past, under many different managers, where a good result was greeted with joy and nobody bothered about the performance.

Thats the crux PB. Yes we can all remember good results with really poor performances over the past decades but we are talking bad performances each and every game so far this season.

No thanks. I reckon your last tip was Wednesday to go up.

And I think we will, with or, preferably, without Kean.

This league is desperately poor and Rhodes and Gomes, barring injuries, will fire us back to the PL.

An excellent post in my humble opinion.

And I think we will, with or, preferably, without Kean.

This league is desperately poor and Rhodes and Gomes, barring injuries, will fire us back to the PL.

Get yer readers on MM

Can those who attend games or put money into the club say the same? Isn't your money supporting Kean financially? Your season tickets, merchandise purchases etc and putting money into the club which goes towards paying Kean's salary. I have no problem with those who have chose to give money to the club, it's their decision at the end of the day but it's black and white to me. Either you are supporting Kean or you aren't, there is no in-between or gray area here.

Will you be watching the game on Skysports tomorrow then? Thus condoning the money which they will be paying to the club to air the match.

Andy Cryer throws in the towel and calls on all Rovers fans to ignore that Kean is the manager

I'm surprised it took the LT so long to fall back in line with the shortsighted appeasers.

That's what comes from having non-rovers fans reporting on he club. Peter White would not have been so quick to throw in the towel

The LT is now an 'Official Club Partner' according to Ewood's big screen, I could also see new LT advertising hoardings on the Riverside on Tuesday.

So, I doubt we'll read much more critical Kean/Venky talk.

The way I read Cryer's article is if results stop coming then Kean will be gone, because that's what he is suggesting on twitter.

So I think he's saying enjoy winning games now and if we stop then fine because he'll go.

But like others have said Kean and co will just spin that to his advantage so I wouldn't recommend it personally.

The LT is now an 'Official Club Partner' according to Ewood's big screen, I could also see new LT advertising hoardings on the Riverside on Tuesday.

So, I doubt we'll read much more critical Kean/Venky talk.

Any excuse it seems to diss Andy Cryer, he has persistently called Kean out yet fans still criticise, so what if the LT is an official club partner, doesn't mean AC will not call the manager out if required.Support the team and ignore kean, until he goes that's all we can do.

I keep reading all of these posts about we will get promoted regardless. I am practically certain that we will not be promoted under Kean. Should we achieve this then everyone can throw it in my face for years to come.

Everyone attending games has said that we have not played well and have been lucky. At some point either we will start playing well and continue to storm the league or we will get the points our performances deserve and struggle. It's highly unlikely the current performance/points trend will continue. Therefore do you think Kean can improve us so that we can play better. Of course he can't. There's only one way this season will go from here if Kean is still kept in charge.

- And forgot to add - a group 4 ex-season tickets holders in the pubs round Ewood watching the game. Should Kean be sacked all of us will renew in a heartbeat. I'm sure we will come across a few like-minded souls.

Wouldn't hang about, expect the unexpected given the unpredictability of our owners !

Done. The fool behind the counter had the temerity to state that he "felt sorry for this bloke" referring to Kean, I just decided to smile and walkaway, I get bored to having to justify why Kean is such a douchebag.

I think you make a good point MM, going on previous Venkys would be far more likely to get rid of Kean now whilst we are top of the league than when we were relegated.

Those that have decided to take the extreme step of boycotting the club (which is not an easy decision) know they are not supporting Kean in any way or form and it cannot be spun that they are by the club. Can those who attend games or put money into the club say the same? Isn't your money supporting Kean financially? Your season tickets, merchandise purchases etc are putting money into the club which goes towards paying Kean's salary. I have no problem with those who have chose to give money to the club, it's their decision at the end of the day but it's black and white to me. Either you are supporting Kean or you aren't, there is no in-between or gray area here.

Personally - my £15 on Tuesday went towards Jordan's wages - personally I thought it was money well spent :rover:

I'm 'dissing' nobody, I'm merely pointing out the fact that the LT is now an 'Official Club Partner', make of that what you wil.

Okay Matt no malice intended, i understand what you mean, my point was that in my opinion Andy Cryer irrelevant of the LT being a partner will if needed call Kean out. thats what i make of it.

Archived