BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

What we've seen time and time again is people BELIEVING they can/will do things (and telling others), then finding they can't. I don't doubt Shebby BELIEVES he can and will sack Kean (at some point), but nobody will know if it's actually possible until he tries.

I fully expected to come on here this morning to see the headline, Kean Sacked, not just because of the inept performances but the financial losses the club are facing due to lack of sponsorship, low attendances and the relationship between Kean and the supporters, to continue in this vein would not be sustainable and administration

would be the only option!

I believe Shebby Singh will sack Kean, it is noticable, Kean has not been popping over to India to weave his 'magic' with the owners, Shebby has been doing that and was also instrumental in the major transfers this summer, this suggests that the owners have put a massive trust in Shebby and if, as I believe to be the case, Singh feels Kean is not the man to take Rovers forward, he will be sacked, hopefully today and in doing so will allow supporters to return and create a real atmosphere at Ewood once again!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, not till the Venkys go.

Problem is, that could be a very long wait. there are not that many new owners queueing up to buy football clubs noadays. and what if you don't think the new owners will be an improvement on the old ones - there are others at least as useless out there. I reckon it's got to be Kean gone and I'm back - not necessarily with a season ticket but in ewood, otherwise I could be on my last legs before I see another Rovers game there.

If kean is not not sacked in the next few days. Treat anything said by those who CLAIM to be in the know as a pinch of salt. From the action group to those involved in podcasts on here. Because somebody is leading them up the deluded path.

All their reputations are on the line NOW.

Although the time is long over due, it is time to put up or shut up. Time to spill all or get off this site.

Although I do believe kean is going. But if I am wrong. The above must apply.

What we've seen time and time again is people BELIEVING they can/will do things (and telling others), then finding they can't. I don't doubt Shebby BELIEVES he can and will sack Kean (at some point), but nobody will know if it's actually possible until he tries.

Can I make a suggestion by the way.

To whomever thinks starting the Stand Up If You Want Kean Out chants is still a good idea.

Please stop.

Post-Wigan we will not get everyone stood up again. That was his last chance gone as far as the majority are concerned so anything now is futile.

All this chant does now is get a partial reaction, giving Kean the ammo that the majority are behind him.

That is a fair comment.

There are people on here though who claim to know about the dirt at the club. But won't share it on here. Maybe because of fear of legal action for either themselves or the site. Fear of any form of reprisals. Again very understandable.

But that is where the PM system on here can come in. It can be shared via PM - with strict warnings about repeating it on open forum. Because the more people know about all the dirt the better. Ok it may leak out eventually. But with so many knowing, it would be hard to pin down where any leak has come from.

Most fans can only judge things on what they see on the pitch, in the ground with empty seats etc. Because they are not awhere about what is really going on.

It is time people did imo.

• Moderation Lead

That is a fair comment.

There are people on here though who claim to know about the dirt at the club. But won't share it on here. Maybe because of fear of legal action for either themselves or the site. Fear of any form of reprisals. Again very understandable.

But that is where the PM system on here can come in. It can be shared via PM - with strict warnings about repeating it on open forum. Because the more people know about all the dirt the better. Ok it may leak out eventually. But with so many knowing, it would be hard to pin down where any leak has come from.

Most fans can only judge things on what they see on the pitch, in the ground with empty seats etc. Because they are not awhere about what is really going on.

Nail on head.

That is a fair comment.

I'll leak it.

• Backroom

To whomever thinks starting the Stand Up If You Want Kean Out chants is still a good idea.

Please stop.

Post-Wigan we will not get everyone stood up again. That was his last chance gone as far as the majority are concerned so anything now is futile.

All this chant does now is get a partial reaction, giving Kean the ammo that the majority are behind him.

True but there's not many songs sang at all these days, a few from the Darwen end but some of those are just embarrassing, the 'this is Blackburn get out of our town' is a terrible retort to the want to go home chant, I think I even heard a 'you what?' chant last night

Still at least they are making a little bit of noise there wasn't much in the BBE last night apart from a few Kean outs and one jack walker.

The atmosphere won't return till Kean goes either

Please stop.

Totally disagree with you. By not singing it and standing up he will think he has the support. Most of the supporters stood up last night (despite being top of the league), myself included. We are supposed to be the "Rovers Fans" according to some on here - very strange form of happy clapping if you ask me.

The time is way overdue for his exit. Regardless of the points the Venkys could sack him and release the following statement:

"Due to continual poor performances and an irrepairable relationship between the manager and supporters, we have realised that the only way to move the club forward, is to part company with Steve Kean. Attendances are much lower than expected and the discontent is affecting moral and the ability to attract corporate sponsorship. It was a very tough decision, but we thank Steve for all of his effort, honesty and integrity and wish him well for the future...now it's time to furkin paaaaarty!!!"

If it helps Trenny, watching on tv didnt make me feel bad that I wasnt at Ewood sat in my usual seat. In fact, the choice of turning it off came into my head more than anything.

FACT IS KEANSCUM HAS RUINED MY LOVE OF FOOTBALL.

Sacking him may have an impact on me but for now, I dont worry about not going to Ewood, I dont concern myself with all the pre match hype and indeed, I have tickets for Forest away week after next and cant even really be bothered getting excited about that. In fact, the only real game I am looking forward to attending is the dingles game at the turd and only because its free. I will be sat in the dingle end as I will be on crutches after a knee op but other than that until this idiot leaves my footballing appetite is non existant.

what angers me about other fans who stick up for Kean is when they tell me how he's doing a decent job with dignity etc, I always challenge them and ask them if they'd like to swap managers

Everytime they say No, yet Blackburn fans are supposed to sit there and be glad we have such a dire manager in charge!

Factually incorrect anyway as most Blackburn fans WANTED Kean to succeed. Many didn't think he would, but how can you actually want any new manager coming in to fail? It's only since we've seen just how useless he was, which in most people's cases didn't take long, that we've started calling for his head. It's just that it seems to have been going on for ever that makes it seem like we are desperate for him to fail. total and abject failure, worse than he has already managed, seems to be the only way we might now get rid, therefore we have to not necessarily want failure, but we embrace it when it happens because it must be one step closer to his eventual departure.

If you think Martin Williams was a poke in the eye, check out this tool.

https://twitter.com/_The12thMan

The Twelfth Man@_The12thMan

Steve Kean is a credit to football, whilst he's not a fantastic manager he's done brilliantly with disgusting treatment from pathetic fans.

I'd like to see Kean do well, then stick up his middle finger to the club. Get to top, then leave. Get a job at a club who deserve success.

@shivamLM The lack of support from fans got them relegated. Togetherness breeds success, the fans gave them none.

I'll never forget Blackburn fans boo-ing Yakubu when he scored a winner. All because he celebrated with the man who coaches him.

Happy to see Rovers losing, sad it's affecting Kean. #ScumClub

If you think Martin Williams was a poke in the eye, check out this tool.

https://twitter.com/_The12thMan

Steve Kean is a credit to football, whilst he's not a fantastic manager he's done brilliantly with disgusting treatment from pathetic fans.

I'd like to see Kean do well, then stick up his middle finger to the club. Get to top, then leave. Get a job at a club who deserve success.

@shivamLM The lack of support from fans got them relegated. Togetherness breeds success, the fans gave them none.

I'll never forget Blackburn fans boo-ing Yakubu when he scored a winner. All because he celebrated with the man who coaches him.

Happy to see Rovers losing, sad it's affecting Kean. #ScumClub

Dingle? Irregardless perhaps the club he goes to should be yours 12th man, how would you like them apples

Archived