BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - MK Dons V's Portugal U21's

Got the wrong end of the stick there hypnotoad..I meant it was embarrassing that we're viewed with disdain. I'm not suggesting people aren't entitled to vent their feelings.

Regarding how far I travelled, irrelevant. We all saw the same game.Also,no there were no songs sung in support of the team but then again I wouldn't have sung any either as the performance never generated enough passion to merit any.

As for the ratings,probably over-generous, but ratings by their nature are subjective. What is unarguable is that the performance was a million miles away from being acceptable and the players who people have been shouting out to be given a chance did themselves no favours either.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.Also,no there were no songs sung in support of the team but then again I wouldn't have sung any either as the performance never generated enough passion to merit any.

For a sizeable following, that was the quietest Rovers crowd I've ever been in.

"........ Theyr'e a disgusting joke of a club, we owned (owed?) the fans of Wimbledon F.C to beat them and Kean + the players failed.

Please get your facts right. MK Dons ARE/WERE Wimbledon FC. They relocated to Milton Keynes, remember!? Also a great number of their fans, to whom you refer, still follow them, unlike the ones who abandoned them and set up their own club, to save them travelling too far.

Parsonblue's match report is now published to the front page here.

Thanks Parson. The squad is so lacking in things like leadership, pace, strength, resilience etc, etc. In fact I really can't see what our strengths are. Anyone help out here?

Went to the game. Too close to home to miss. What really pees me off is the resignation of the fans. Understandable. Friends and family said they'd been shouting "Kean out" all last year but to no avail. Don't give up the big fight, lads and lassies. Sanity will prevail one day. Clueless display btw by a managerless club (sorry - stating the bleeding obvious)

Having read it, I feel terrible. What an enormous mess we are in.

Thank goodness we have 7 points towards the 52 points needed for safety.

Come on, this is getting boring, we aren't going to be relegated from the Championship. Whether or not we will be in the promotion or playoff spots is one thing, but this squad is simply too strong and there is no way that we will be one of the four worst sides in this division.

OK Eddie.

1) Kean consistently fails to organise midfield and defence and selections and subs become increasingly bizarre

2) The main summer signings mysteriously disappear off the radar

3) Players fight with each other and biff Kean

4) Best players are sold without replacements

5) We simply don't try in 9 games

6) The squad gets used to not winning

See where I am coming from... we were too good to have gone down last season.

OK Eddie.

1) Kean consistently fails to organise midfield and defence and selections and subs become increasingly bizarre

2) The main summer signings mysteriously disappear off the radar

3) Players fight with each other and biff Kean

4) Best players are sold without replacements

5) We simply don't try in 9 games

6) The squad gets used to not winning

See where I am coming from... we were too good to have gone down last season.

To be honest philip, having seen the first four League games, I have no doubt that we are not in any danger of relegation. Having played two of the favoured teams for promotion - Leicester and Leeds - I actually think that even Kean might well get us up. My only doubt is the depth of the squad in terms of quality but if the likes of Pedersen, Dann, Givet, Robinson, Gomes etc can still fit I think its possible that we will get the play-offs and maybe even an automatic place. We will have a better idea after the first ten games but what I have seen so far has been very much of a muchness. The fact that we have only played well in fits and starts and yet are unbeaten and have eight points is actually quite encouraging.

Come on, this is getting boring, we aren't going to be relegated from the Championship. Whether or not we will be in the promotion or playoff spots is one thing, but this squad is simply too strong and there is no way that we will be one of the four worst sides in this division.

Maybe I need to forget my principles and take a game in to see for myself cos everybody I speak to who goes is very negative about our current position. One ST holder I spoke to at length last night and who went to both Ipswich and LUFC said that in his opinion we are in a false position and that he can see no chance of us getting anywhere near a promotion place. From what I've heard elsewhere I've no reason to doubt his word.

No one ever gets promotion from this Division with a bad manager and no one can argue with that.

Do you have to refer to Mrs Desai as a bitch in your sig, thenodrog?

And in your last post you are replying to person who is saying that we won't get relegated, not that we will get promoted, so try tailoring your response towards that.

Maybe I need to forget my principles and take a game in to see for myself cos everybody I speak to who goes is very negative about our current position. One ST holder I spoke to at length last night and who went to both Ipswich and LUFC said that in his opinion we are in a false position and that he can see no chance of us getting anywhere near a promotion place. From what I've heard elsewhere I've no reason to doubt his word.

No one ever gets promotion from this Division with a bad manager and no one can argue with that.

We have yet to put in a complete performance - with the Leeds first half being the best so far. What gives me hope - is that I (and presumably many others) expected us to struggle - but didn't expect us to pick up so many points. The players were always going to struggle with the differences between the Championship and Premiership - especially the more rugged aspect (which sounds like could have been our undoing against Leeds). The longer the unbeaten run goes on - hopefully the more confident the players will get.

As for the manager aspect - yes he represents our major block to getting promoted - but we also have a quality in the squad that few have. Our biggest problem will be how all these portuguese players step up to the mark - as we will be heavily reliant on them to provide depth to the squad.

We have yet to put in a complete performance - with the Leeds first half being the best so far. What gives me hope - is that I (and presumably many others) expected us to struggle - but didn't expect us to pick up so many points. The players were always going to struggle with the differences between the Championship and Premiership - especially the more rugged aspect (which sounds like could have been our undoing against Leeds). The longer the unbeaten run goes on - hopefully the more confident the players will get.

As for the manager aspect - yes he represents our major block to getting promoted - but we also have a quality in the squad that few have. Our biggest problem will be how all these portuguese players step up to the mark - as we will be heavily reliant on them to provide depth to the squad.

With or without Kean, few of the Portuguese will see the light of day.

Archived