BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - MK Dons V's Portugal U21's

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I never thought we played well," admitted the Rovers boss. "We were too predictable.

"It was an opportunity for some players who haven't had as many minutes as others. They got the chance and it was up to them to take it.

"I just feel that with the younger players it was their opportunity to push for a first team start but they didn't grasp it"

Astounding... he puts the blame on the players....

Why were we predictable you ###### (Please don't use that word again)wit? Could it be that we have an incompetent illegitimate as manager?

I can't say I'm that bothered about getting knocked out of the cup. Realistically very slim chance of winning it anyway and would rather have less game in what is already a busy schedule.

You are not saying he forfeited the game are you?

Realistically very slim chance of getting promoted as well

Delays on the Motorway - Coach driver took us to Wimbledon - Concrete cows - Loose Lion - Players tired after long drive - No Match Preview on BRFCS so we didnt realise game was tonight until we read Telegraph.

He may as well Alan, he won't get picked up on it. Just blame the Essex lion. Kean could say it was hiding in the away dressing room, then attacked and although he managed to kill it with a Cumbernauld headbut some of the players were put off their game.

“What we have shown is, if we have to change it around, we have lots of quality. We have quality sitting on the bench and we will utilise the whole squad and I believe we have enough to get through to the next round.

We have players we can put out and win a game.”

We have been working a lot defensively, trying to minimise the waves of attack we get at us.

:lol:

Ok been to the game as I work in MK. Although we wernt inspiring there were afew positives from the night.

Jorge looks a tidy player. Nothing spectacular but comfortable on the ball and I feel he could do a job for us when called upon. Rochina showed glimpses of pure class. Several times dropping into the hole and spraying killer passes. Played some fantastic cross field balls but was careless many times and gave it away. He showed me tonight tho that overall he has enough in him to make a big impact. Goodwille looked lively when he came on and his movement was much better than I had seen him previously. Think he should be higher up in thr pecking order than edinho. He did more when he came on than edinho did all game.

Negatives - nunes - drifted in and out. Sloppy in possession not enough wud lift from him, vukcevic , although tidy on the ball he was lazy and only beat his man once all night, edinho very poor, constantly gave the ball away, not good enough at this level. Kean - poor work for the second goal, he should have done better.

Overall we played some decent stuff but lacked cutting edge. Should we get afew injuries this season I'm not confident many of these back up players could step up to the plate. MK dons were a decent side tho who play some good stuff. I fancy them to go up in there league this year

Jorge looks a tidy player. Nothing spectacular but comfortable on the ball and I feel he could do a job for us when called upon. Rochina showed glimpses of pure class. Several times dropping into the hole and spraying killer passes. Played some fantastic cross field balls but was careless many times and gave it away. He showed me tonight tho that overall he has enough in him to make a big impact. Goodwille looked lively when he came on and his movement was much better than I had seen him previously. Think he should be higher up in thr pecking order than edinho. He did more when he came on than edinho did all game.

Did Jorge get stuck in as well? Or was that mainly Etuhu's job? Did Rochina drift around? Was he up-front but dropped back? Or just in the hole? Did him and Goodwillie link up well? I know it was League 1 opposition but how did the defence get on?

This would have been one of very few games during a year where I actually wouldn't mind us loosing (we can't really afford wasting any energy on the league cup), but anyone who plays "MK Dons" have an obligation to try their hardest to thrash them. Theyr'e a disgusting joke of a club, we owned the fans of Wimbledon F.C to beat them and Kean + the players failed.

Ok been to the game as I work in MK. Although we wernt inspiring there were afew positives from the night.

Negatives - nunes - drifted in and out. Sloppy in possession not enough wud lift from him, vukcevic , although tidy on the ball he was lazy and only beat his man once all night, edinho very poor, constantly gave the ball away, not good enough at this level. Kean - poor work for the second goal, he should have done better.

Overall we played some decent stuff but lacked cutting edge. Should we get afew injuries this season I'm not confident many of these back up players could step up to the plate. MK dons were a decent side tho who play some good stuff. I fancy them to go up in there league this year

Did we see the same game? I've just got back in to Swindon from MK and am still trying to forget everything I saw tonight. Everything was poor from the defensive errors that led to goals at one end and the offensive hesitation that led to the breakdown of multiple chances at the other. I can't pick out one standout player from tonight. Goodwillie maybe deserves something for his efforts but he looks unfit still and struggled with the amount of balls pinged towards his head, Dann maybe gets a mention for being nothing overly special at the back whilst doing his job and I'd say Etuhu was probably our best player before being taken off around the 55 minute mark.

As for the Portuguese wingers and Rochina, I forgot they were playing at times. I didn't even notice Rochina had been subbed off for Formica as he had such a small impact on the game. None of them wanted to release the ball early and due to this we spent most of the time sideways passing or sideways running across an MK Dons line that was susceptible to a quick passing game. Simon also spent the majority of his time on the ball losing it and then falling over crying foul.

In midfield we were overrun often despite having 3 men in there (truth be told it Etuhu sat in front of the defence spraying passes sideways for 50~ minutes) and on the wings we had no pace, creativity or urgency. Too often a run would be spotted only for a ball to be played 5 seconds later with 2 defenders nipping at the heels. To top it off our plan B was to hit the ball long Allardyce style to Edinho (who has less pace than Goodie) or ping it towards their heads and watch them take possession from us. The icing on the cake for me was when in the last minute with the box filling with Rovers players Jake Kean opted to take the freekick short to one of the Portuguese lads who was still rolling about on the floor only for him to launch an awful ball in to the box that resulted in Formica heading well over.

Tonight was a shambles, it felt like another forfeit.

well you must have watched a different game as everyone else says we were ######

We were possibly worse than that.

Did Jorge get stuck in as well? Or was that mainly Etuhu's job? Did Rochina drift around? Was he up-front but dropped back? Or just in the hole? Did him and Goodwillie link up well? I know it was League 1 opposition but how did the defence get on?

If Jorge did get stuck in it was on himself. The midfield tonight was so disjointed and open that their players were almost walking through at times. As mentioned, Rochina was nowhere to be seen and our strikers were often left alone to fend for themselves. I do recall Etuhu striding forward at one point in the first half to help Edinho out but he lost the ball soon after and we were on the back foot yet again. Defensively we didn't look that poor however the goals went in at the opposite end to the Rovers fans. One thing that is certain however is that although Markus looks like his brother, he can't effectively play as a left back. He made some good challenges but was far too slow in assisting the winger in front of him and looked a bit lost at times.

Just arrived back at the hotel after watching the game.

Really sad to be a Rovers fans tonight. Shocking performance from the players and an equally shocking performance from a small group of 'fans' openly abusing certain individuals.

The only player than can look himself in the mirror and say I did my job was Etuhu. The others were very, very bad.

Fair play to Kean in the post match interview. For the first time he has told the truth.

Need a reaction at Leeds. Could be in trouble otherwise.

Really sad to be a Rovers fans tonight. Shocking performance from the players and an equally shocking performance from a small group of 'fans' openly abusing certain individuals.

Is this in regards to Orr and Lowe? I heard something had happened involving those two and a section of fans after the game whilst I was in the car.

Saw the highlights on Sky they said MK Dons dominated us and played much more stylish football. Some fans disagree with there analysis. They said our first shot in the 2nd half was Goodwillies goal.

If it is true we got dominated by a legue 1 side we really are going to crash and burn soon in the C'ship. We had a lot of our 2nd team out but so apparently did MK Dons.

Their 2nd goal was a bad error by youn Kean in goal.

The standard Kean performance drop too deep invite pressure onto back 4 without being able to either defend, counter attack or hold on to the ball. Totally outclassed by a 3rd division team. It became apparent that Kean still hasn't found his level. 

Haven't seen the stats but imagine they had 60% possession, double the shots, treble the amount of corners. It was basically like every other Kean game of the past 18 months. They are beginning to blend together.

Sums up my mood since the slumdogs trapped up cos I didn't even know the Rovers were playing until this mornings news! Sounded a typical performance and revealing stats showed that we now cannot boss a lower div team on possession. Bodes ill for next year.

By fielding a weakend team Kean has insulted MK and must be deluded enough to think he is still in charge of a Premier league quality squad.

The standard Kean performance drop too deep invite pressure onto back 4 without being able to either defend, counter attack or hold on to the ball. Totally outclassed by a 3rd division team. It became apparent that Kean still hasn't found his level.

Haven't seen the stats but imagine they had 60% possession, double the shots, treble the amount of corners. It was basically like every other Kean game of the past 18 months. They are beginning to blend together.

They only had 54% of the possesion.. 11 on target shots to our 4 and 8 corners to our 3 and got stuck in more with 10 fouls to our 5.. so you where not far off.

Awful performance, as Kean says Edhino isnt up to scratch physically.. so why the hell keep playing him? He left out so many other players Rochina, Formica, Ribeiro et al for months on end until they where pyshically ready.

The fact we left out Robinson, Givet, Pederson, Murphy, Gomes, Ribiero etc says how much Kean wanted to win this one.

We pretty much forfeit the game, giving Simon a go was a joke the guy must be utterly dejected when he only gets a game in meaningless cup games and with central midfielders being played in front of him.

Feel very sorry for Formica, Simon and co they are stuck with the worst manager I can remember at any club.

Archived