BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Policy

Kamy100

Have listen to the latest Football Manager 2013 podcast. Journlaist Jonathan Wilson reveals who Shebby/Venky's have been consulting RE this summers transfers. Another example of why Rovers are still considered a "joke" club within the game. If you don't want to listen to the whole of the podcast, the Rovers stuff is between 41-46 minutes:

Itunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-football-manager-podcast/id266108646

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/fm13podcast1.mp3

Think Kamy is one of the few who hasn't knocked Shebby and has actually sat down and had a 1 to 1 conversation with him.

To be fair it's pretty reasonable to knock Venkys isn't it. They've hardly been a shining light in respect of football club ownership!

All you seem to do Kamy is knock Shebby and Venkys?

I don't. Over the last 2 years I think that I have been very fair to them, I talk to Shebby on a regular basis and I quite like him. I applauded them for the transfers that were done this summer, but the stuff about seeking advice from journalists I have heard from a number of different people over the last few weeks, IF true then it is not the way that you should be doing things.

The thing is that the club is NOT being run in a professional manner, the major functions of the club are just not being run properly.

While what Shebby is SAYING is encouraging, transfers apart people should be very concerned that the club is not being run in a professional manner.

I don't. Over the last 2 years I think that I have been very fair to them, I talk to Shebby on a regular basis and I quite like him. I applauded them for the transfers that were done this summer, but the stuff about seeking advice from journalists I have heard from a number of different people over the last few weeks, IF true then it is not the way that you should be doing things.

The thing is that the club is NOT being run in a professional manner, the major functions of the club are just not being run properly.

While what Shebby is SAYING is encouraging, transfers apart people should be very concerned that the club is not being run in a professional manner.

Am i not mistaken haven't we just appointed a new head scout (Clarke) so presumably this information is no-longer the way things are expected to be done (albeit the appointment was made after the transfer deadline)...

Oh and which transfers did we listen to Journalists for (the fulham midfield/rhodes??? doubtful.) or all of the portuguese players can't see them getting too much Journalist paper space/time/awareness. If so then perhaps they can enlighten us with regard to why we have signed so many...

According to the guys on this this podcast Shelby Shetty told Pietersen that he should retire and the agent Micheal Anderson was running the club for a while.

.well if they are saying it it must be true....

I wonder who the jouno was ? Andy Cryer ? Nick Harris .. or was it you Kamy !!??

I can't imagine Alan Nixon giving them advice even though he did recommend Owen Coyle to Brendan Flood so he has got previous on this sort of thing.

All you seem to do Kamy is knock Shebby and Venkys?

Completely wrong. One thing that can be said of kamy, he reports honestly. Probable holds back on things he would like to to say.

If it was the case. Then I do not think Shebby Singh would have had an open and friendly meeting with him.

But even if he did. Venkys deserve it. Shebby has to back up his words. Although I think the later will, it will sadly still come down to Mrs D.

Venkys diserve all the put downs, abuse that can be directed at them.

They are an embarrassment to the football world.

According to the guys on this this podcast Shelby Shetty told Pietersen that he should retire and the agent Micheal Anderson was running the club for a while.

.well if they are saying it it must be true....

I wonder who the jouno was ? Andy Cryer ? Nick Harris .. or was it you Kamy !!??

I can't imagine Alan Nixon giving them advice even though he did recommend Owen Coyle to Brendan Flood so he has got previous on this sort of thing.

Hope the bit in bold is true, as it is illegal. Hope he has the evidence to back it up as well. If not, hope he has a decent lawyer.

'encouraging' - Is Shebby hinting that Kean will be sacked?

Callum if you think you can do a better job building good relationships with Shebby/Venkys etc... the floor is yours

I actually read this from Kamy's twitter and listened to the bit 41mins - 46mins I have no doubt in the information and I agree strongly with him the whole setup from top to bottom is a total and utter shambles but with these clowns in charge nothing surprises me first we have the clown Vineeth taking advice from fans on facebook now Shebby asking journalists for advice not that I am knocking the signing of Rhodes who I believe will have the same impact as Jansen did when we were last in the championship but the bit about venkys asking how to conclude a transfer makes me ask one question why did they buy the club in the first place but credit where it's due Shebby seems a lot more clued up on how to conclude transfers than the previous lot.

The clowns are the people talking on the podcast. Are they really football journalists? They know less about the subject than the Venkys.

If it is true Venkys have been asking for a help with transfers that strikes me as a good thing. It shows, however amateurishly, that they don't trust Kean and his mates.

True but a bit slow on the uptake though , you would have thought words similar to - right just make us two cheques out , one for 400,000 GBP for the player and one for 1.65 million GBP to this bloke , for sorting it out - would have set alarm bells ringing

If it is true Venkys have been asking for a help with transfers that strikes me as a good thing. It shows, however amateurishly, that they don't trust Kean and his mates.

But they haven't given Kean freedom over transfers at any point in his reign.

Jerome Anderson picked the January window signings after Kean arrived - this has been confirmed many times by various people, including Kean himself.

The next window is a bit muddy, but Simon Hunt and Vinny Rao in particular definitely had a big say - the likes of Ribeiro, Vukcevic and Petrovic evidently weren't picked by Kean.

So are they just hoping it's third time lucky with Shebby? He's probably slightly more qualified to judge than Anderson/Hunt/Rao...but only just.

Archived