BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could speculate that they wouldn't want to sack a manager who has only lost one league game this year (however unpopular) until they feel they have a suitable replacement in place. They might be concerned about protecting the league position as in Shebby's words "promotion is their number one aim". If you look at it rationally like that it is perhaps understandable an announcement hasn't been made even if a decision has been reached. (Remember they can't attract a sponsor let alone a new manager)

If they are thinking about replacing Kean and are currently sounding out potential new managers, it shows that they have no faith whatsoever in Kean's ability to take us forward. Therefore keeping Kean in a job is completely pointless, even if they don't find a replacement straight away, we are just sat in limbo waiting for him to be chopped. The players, coaching staff and even Kean wouldn't be able to work under those circumstances, why would they buy into his training, tactics etc (if they ever did) knowing he would be binned off as soon as the replacement is found.

If they are lining up a new manager, it doesn't benefit the club at all for him to still be here. You might as well sack him and let Eric Black run training for the next week or so . At least we would all know where we stand.

If they are thinking about replacing Kean and are currently sounding out potential new managers, it shows that they have no faith whatsoever in Kean's ability to take us forward. Therefore keeping Kean in a job is completely pointless, even if they don't find a replacement straight away, we are just sat in limbo waiting for him to be chopped. The players, coaching staff and even Kean wouldn't be able to work under those circumstances, why would they buy into his training, tactics etc (if they ever did) knowing he would be binned off as soon as the replacement is found.

If they are lining up a new manager, it doesn't benefit the club at all for him to still be here. You might as well sack him and let Eric Black run training for the next week or so . At least we would all know where we stand.

Tactics???? i must of missed those!!

(Yes-i take your point. Just trying to get my head around Venky's possible thinking)

I for one appreciate the information coming from Kamy, Cryer and glen. They are usually spot on.

I think it is significant that Blackburn rovers said they "will not come with an announcement today". That means that the aforementioned were not exactly wrong and that an announcement WILL arrive, perhaps tomorrow!

If what Kamy, Cryer and the rest reported was absolutely ###### then blackburn wouldn't have announced that they wouldn't come with an announcement today.

Problem as always is the power struggle behind the scenes with the brothers and shebby on one side and Mrs D on the other and Kean clinging desperately to his job. He knows that he won't get another well paid job in football.

I for one appreciate the information coming from Kamy, Cryer and glen. They are usually spot on.

I think it is significant that Blackburn rovers said they "will not come with an announcement today". That means that the aforementioned were not exactly wrong and that an announcement WILL arrive, perhaps tomorrow!

If what Kamy, Cryer and the rest reported was absolutely ###### then blackburn wouldn't have announced that they wouldn't come with an announcement today.

Problem as always is the power struggle behind the scenes with the brothers and shebby on one side and Mrs D on the other and Kean clinging desperately to his job. He knows that he won't get another well paid job in football.

Might not come for another few weeks just like when we got our hopes up at the end of last season.

This market must be so small that it is likely that any reasonable bet will see the odds shorten. On top of that the bookies will be out to make sure that they don't get their fingers burned by someone paying attention to the situation. Means nothing at this point.

Yeah the markets mean nothing at the minute and will be totally reactionary to what people put their money on. Bookies also class these types of market as "Interest" markets i.e. They are used to get people in the door and not to drive profit, so the book isn't balanced the same as it would be for a game. They will limit liability but give odds that are targeted at breaking even, they are used as tools to drive new acquisitions mainly. And that is true for all "Special" markets.

Shebby was just in Costa coffe Blackburn. My friend works on the CCTV there. Mental!

What did he have to drink? A double Espresso? (the assasin's choice). What was his mood? Did he have a suitcase with him? Did he mutter anything under his breath "I'll have that Kean if it's the last thing I do". Was Tim Sherwood with him? Ray Wilkins? Did he have his Spurs scarf on? Any clues? Anything?!?

Surely not, he'd get pestered to death. Must've been a tribute act or Groucho Marx

:lol:

Archived