BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

For the record I have no problems with people questioning if info I put out is proved not to be correct.

I don't think I have ever run a story before saying Kean was sacked, in May I was the one saying that until Mrs D said yes he wouldn't be sacked.

However on this occassion myself and many other Journalists were given the information about Kean's impending sacking by someone very credible, hence the story was broken last night. If it doesn't happen then that very credible source will be questioned by the journos and would lose all credibility. Also Andy would never run such a big story in the LT if he wasn't sure of the source of information.

As things stand Kean job isn't safe at all. There is a lot happening, but if he does survive then it'll be because the owners, or more to the point one owner who has had a major change of mind after making a decision on Saturday.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt Gav, totally agree - luckily I think plenty have. However this IS a really sensitive subject to us all, and the people releasing tidbits of news are almost universally trusted by their readership. It's a recipe for a huge number of frustrated people.

I long for the days when you used to get the latest Rovers news from one line at the bottom of the Teletext club call page.

Yes I take your point.

Teletext eh? I remember the bid for Gary Lineker being reported on teletext, my dad almost had a heart attack!! Them wert days!!

So...

Over the weekend it was decided that Kean would be getting the sack.

This morning *SOMETHING* happened that has delayed the announcement.

I could have posted the exact same message three months ago and I'm very much hoping that I won't be posting the same message in three months time.

I have to admit, I really do think that the announcement this morning was good news. Why would they release anything at all if he was staying? Furthermore, if he stays then I'm afraid that this is proof that Shebby really doesn't have any power...at all.

Not really saying very much...

http://uk.eurosport....-103851261.html

Edit - In fact not saying anything. Not sure why I bothered posting the link!

He is one ugly.....

He looks like a monster from a 1920's horror movie.

I'm hardly going to call him out, just saying if nothing happens then any source shouldn't be relied upon.

Seems to me after 25 days of reading your posts a BET365 messageboard might be of more interest to you.

The people posting the information have a very credible source. The people posting the information are very credible, and have been for years. The information was held back for nearly three days for exactly these reasons.

Still did you get 100/1 on a £1m?

For the record I have no problems with people questioning if info I put out is proved not to be correct.

I don't think I have ever run a story before saying Kean was sacked, in May I was the one saying that until Mrs D said yes he wouldn't be sacked.

However on this occassion myself and many other Journalists were given the information about Kean's impending sacking by someone very credible, hence the story was broken last night. If it doesn't happen then that very credible source will be questioned by the journos and would lose all credibility. Also Andy would never run such a big story in the LT if he wasn't sure of the source of information.

As things stand Kean job isn't safe at all. There is a lot happening, but if he does survive then it'll be because the owners, or more to the point one owner who has had a major change of mind after making a decision on Saturday.

Don't worry about it Kamy. You posted what you and others had been told. Some folk getting all frothy about it, but that's their problem. There's nothing concrete yet and the next day or two should clarify things.

or more to the point one owner who has had a major change of mind after making a decision on Saturday.

Could it be she's changed her mind or delayed the sacking because it's been leaked?

She comes across as a stubburn old bint who likes to rule the roost. Having news of the sacking in the press before she officially announces it could be seen as the press making the decision for her.

All fair. It's just hard not to be sceptical after everything we've been through. Keep up the good work - you seem to get as close to something resembling coherent info as anyone! Oh for the days to return when we can go back to worrying about games of football!

Well Gav, just back from the pub and spent my lunchtime wondering what I can dream-up !

What I can tell you is I've heard two things today about the next Rovers' manager. Firstly, I was told that someone tried to place sizeable money on Holloway this morning and secondly, KK & Faz are ready and waiting ! Whether there is any mileage in either option, I just don't feckin know but isn't this the type of 'gossip' MB's are designed for and the type of thing most participants want to read ?

They are important. Kamy has worked his socks off for the good of the club and i for one am incredibly grateful to him.

Increased publicity is increased pressure and worthy of sharing.

Andy Cryer is making a living out of sharing information-he would not post anything on twitter/publish anything he felt untrue. He has to protect his livelihood.

Now stop posting rubbish for the sake of it and sit back and enjoy as this unfolds.

I do not trust those with things to hide....in this case.

I have always been against boycotting games regardless of who the manager is, but I can honestly say if SK isn't sacked after this ordeal I will not be going to Ewood Park again until he is,

I'm sick of this rollercoaster ride being a Blackburn fan has become.

If the owners had any integrity or ###### he would have got the boot by now! I think he will manage to snake himself another chance.

I'm totally sick of this fat, bold headed, snake of a man occupying my life!

SACK THE PR!CK BEFORE ITS TOO LATE ! !

Well Gav, just back from the pub and spent my lunchtime wondering what I can dream-up !

What I can tell you is I've heard two things today about the next Rovers' manager. Firstly, I was told that someone tried to place sizeable money on Holloway this morning and secondly, KK & Faz are ready and waiting ! Whether there is any mileage in either option, I just don't feckin know but isn't this the type of 'gossip' MB's are designed for and the type of thing most participants want to read ?

KK & Faz ?

Not sure about Shebby on Talksport, I haven't heard him, but Andy Cryer is definitely on Talksport in next hour or so.

On the subject of whether members close to club sources should share rumours that they hear before being sure that they are true, I think that the same sources should have communicated that there has been a delay of a few days if this is the case. I'm only aware this has been said by sources such as SkySportsNews.

The main issue is that unless we were 100% sure it would be 'today', the post should have said 'imminently', or 'this week'. We would then be having a less frustrated debate about what we thought imminent might mean.

Any poster should be aware of the level of emotion wrapped up in all things BRFC at the moment and fully understand the responsibility on the shoulders of members known to have the ear of senior players at the club.

Cryer may confirm the 'no statement today' rumour, can you do the same Kamy?

Firstly, I was told that someone tried to place sizeable money on Holloway this morning

I'd be extremely surprised if Holloway would walk away from Blackpool for us. It would take the promise of huge investment at Rovers to even tempt him.

All the meetings are about giving kean a new contract with sheby trying to stop it and the chuckle brothers trytting to stop it as well,just watch this space.

Please...

All this is bad enough without children coming on here, excited that school is over for another day. It is bad enough that you are barely literate, please don't start rumour trolling.

I have always been against boycotting games regardless of who the manager is, but I can honestly say if SK isn't sacked after this ordeal I will not be going to Ewood Park again until he is,

I'm sick of this rollercoaster ride being a Blackburn fan has become.

If the owners had any integrity or ###### he would have got the boot by now! I think he will manage to snake himself another chance.

I'm totally sick of this fat, bold headed, snake of a man occupying my life!

SACK THE PR!CK BEFORE ITS TOO LATE ! !

KK & Faz ?

Keegan and Fazackerly.

In fairness that would line up with what someone said yesterday about one option being someone who is a big name but not the best tactically.

True! Usually assistant manager would take training. If as stated there has been dialogue over the weekend between Kean and the owners then why is he taking training? I think he's squirmed his way outbid this one somehow.

Is he good enough to take us up? No. I dont think so. Does he get the best out of he players? No. Do the fans want him? No. Do Venkys want him? Clearly not. How is he still here?

It's an odd situation. If he doesn't go the attendance at he next game will be horrific(er).. Maybe this is what they want? Stir up the bees nest. Keep more fans away... Odd! Very odd!

Archived