BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he does get 2 more games, they happen to be up against two very tough teams away from home in Forest and Charlton. If we play like we did in the alst 2 home games then I suspect thatan extra 2 games won't keep Kean around for much longer. The problem with that is that to sustain a position in the top 2, we need to be taking 4 points from those two games and then a win at home to Wolves on October 6th.

If he does get two more games we'll find ourselves in exactly the same position as we are in now and have found ourselves in many times in the past with exactly the same outcome, kean staying. The only thing giving me hope this time is Shebby and whether he has any influence or whether he is just another charlatan.

• Backroom

I think we have to remember the relationship between Kean and Venky's is not a 'normal' owner/manager type relationship. It's quite obvious there are more layers to this than meet the eye, and any "sacking" is IMO going to be closer to an appeasement on Venky's part. If they're able to appease Kean (financially or otherwise) he'll go, if not he'll stay for as long as he chooses.

The additional 2 game story makes no sense to me. Why would you go for an additional 2 games? If results were the problem it would make some sense, but they aren't. The problem is performance and dwindling attendance (if reports are to be believed). 2 extra games will not solve either of those problems so it would seem pointless for any extension to be given. I know Kean technically didn't meet his points target, but we're 2nd in the league so I don't think results are the number one reason for any decision to remove him.

I have absolutely no idea at this point if he will go or not, but it's also worth remembering Venky's do EVERYTHING at a super slow pace. Knowing them they'll wait til the morning of the next game and then announce his sacking.

I would agree with the majority that under normal circumstances that Kean taking training would indicate he's staying.

But these aren't normal circumstances, they'll probably send him a text midway through training to let him know he's been sacked.

There can't be this much 'noise' without something happening. Can there?

Booked a trip over from Ireland a few months ago as i normally do...was really hoping the prat would be gone and i would be there to welcome a new decent manager!! :angry2:

Got my tickets for the jack walker stand right beside the dugout..look out for my Irish flag with 'Kean Out' on it if he is still there!! Its wolves at home!

Chances of them taking it off me before i get into the ground??

If Kean gets the boot I can't see any internal appointment going well. If there was anyone at the club who could set up a defence they would already be doing so, I would have thought.

Hiring from within would be shortsighted, would show a failure to learn from previous mistakes and smacks of penny pinching.

I can't see Sherwood being the answer, either. Has he any managerial experience?

I'd stick with SSN rather than any other media outlet on Steve Kean issues... Jim White is close to both Kean and Shebby and will/has be in contact with both.

The line is, Kean ihas ALREADY spoken with owners today...which would suggest he wont be going for another couple weeks yet but obviously is very close.

Appears Cryer (as he often does)..went with his story on the back of other papers going in first.. (whilst he only tweets after established sources do, eg.Sportinginteligence)....

Kean WILL be in charge for the Charlton match, of that I'm certain

• Backroom

If he continues after this I think they can expect a further drop in attendance combined with even more aggressive chanting by those that are left for Kean to be removed. It's extremely unlikely performances will improve.

If he stays then it's once again Mrs D, the woman with no clue about football, overruling everyone else... of that I'm sure. Let's hope the ITK's confidence hasn't been misplaced.

When Shebby was appointed, did he not state that all communication with Pune had been severed for parties other than himself, in which case any pleading would have to go through himself, hope he forgets to pass on the info.

He did state that, but if you believe Kean (hard to do but in this specific instance I do) he is still in regular contact with the owners.

Kean after the loss to Boro:

"I speak to the owners nearly every day and it's not just about points, it's about making sure we stay top for as long as possible".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2206895/Blackburn-1-Middlesbrough-2-Lukasa-Jutkiewicz-turns-screw-Steve-Kean.html

• Moderation Lead

From what I was told yesterday the decision has been made to get rid of him. This time it feels very different to other occassions, but until it is officially confirmed there will always be a small worry that he somehow manages to surive but from what I am told he won't be given a reprieve this time.

LT Take On It:

http://www.lancashir...Rovers/?ref=twt

If the decision has been made- why can't they just be decisive?

Not believing anything until it happens. We've been down this road before.

It seems clear to me from the SSN update that the guy is going nowhere. I really think it is time the ITKs admitted that they don't actually know what is going on. At the very least, if he is still here for the Charlton match, they should refrain from making these kinds of claims in future. Their credibility, such as it was, will be completely eroded after this latest false alarm.

• Backroom

A bit harsh to have a go at people like Kamy, Cryer, etc... they've made it clear that nothing is certain until it actually happens and that there's every chance Kean could get a reprieve, no matter how unlikely.

After the last false alarm you only have yourself to blame if you've gotten yourself worked up into a frenzy over this. The only real ITKs are Steve Kean, JA and Mrs Desai. Everybody else, including the brothers and Shebby IMO, are on the outside looking in.

I am seriously in danger of losing all interest in Rovers following this latest farce. If he stays then there should be a mass boycott of EVERYTHING related to Rovers.

Really, really peed off with the whole sorry circus that Rovers have become.

This is a messgeboard, people post all sorts of cr@p, you don't need to read it, you certainly don't need to believe it, but don't have a pop at the ones trying to pass on information, unless that person is mercerman as he makes most of his stuff up over the daily pub lunches!

Sorry mercer LoL

Ps - Kean taking training has no bearing on anything in my opinion, they could sack the idiot at anytime, the timeline is up to them, not Kean or training schedules.

Archived