BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest v Rovers 3/10/12

Was just tryna keep updated. I go to very few games I don't claim to be at everyone, I can barely make Ewood. If someone doesn't like what I post out me on ignore, alternatively tell me where to delete my account and I will.

No need to delete your account, you've done nothing badly wrong.

I must admit I thought you were posting all your updates from the stadiums though. They were definitely worded that way (phrases like "we look" for example).

Perhaps use the chat room on match days for "live" talk instead of posting match updates on the messageboard.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To clarify and expand further on my post yesterday about racism, clough songs and glen mullan taunts.

Firstly, the racism. I'm sure we've all heard the Etuhu song, theres many youtube videos with the correct lyrics. This was a varient of the Etuhu song, with lines about slavery. It was sung by a vast, vast minority, all in one group a few seats behind from me. It wasn't wide spread, and didn't rock the terraces, but it was noticeably heard from where I was sat due to the time it was sang (towards the end of the first half when there was very little chanting left in the supporters).

The clough song originated from one 'fan', who decided to shout "wheres your famous cloughy gone?". From this, the same group, less than 30 seconds later tried to start "where were you when cloughy died?" and point at the Notts Forest supporters. Again, a very small minority. The chant ended very quickly, Rovers fans weren't willing to join in.

The Mullan song was slightly louder, and probably had a few more join in. Again, a very very low amount of the fans on the day. It was the same group, again. There was two songs; "Who the Kean is Glen Mullan?" and "Wheres the famous Glen Mullan?". It lasted slightly longer due to the fact more joined in, but regardless fizzled out. The group where physically looked around for Mullan.

Rereading my post from yesterday, as well as my twitter feed, it was made out to be more than what it was. I can only stress that it was, or seemed to be, the same group of lads, and it was very very small numbers in terms of yesterdays full Rovers support. Theres rumours on twitter this group is involved with someone called 'Jason' from Derby? I wouldn't like to speculate. If someone showed me a picture I could confirm, but I am in no way suggesting its definately the same group. I have never seen the lads before, they where probably 6 rows behind me and heard no mentions of 'Jason' or 'Derby'.

I've just noticed that BRFCs automatically changes the word "fu*k" to Kean. Great feature.

Those chants aimed at mullan are understandable(and relatively tame), if he can't take a bit he shouldn't really have spent the last 12 months dishing it out!, i think there's a good argument that glen mullan/brags doings actually strengthened the owners resolve to keep kean on last season(even though they were meant with the best of intentions).

obviously if there's actually a genuine physical threat to the fella then thats a different matter.

Well well after reading these forums for a while I've realised that quite a lot of posters on here are a touch sensitive to anyone who possibly has a few too many ales and fancys a laugh with there pals on a Saturday afternoon/Wednesday night etc.

As for the above crying about rasist chants etc etc. Firsty I was there last night and didnt hear any of it... unless Etuhu coming by canoe is perceived as rasist?? I'm not condoing rasist chanting but come on chaps it's a football games, not a Sunday service. If your not a fan of or can handle those who enjoy a few beers and having a bit of banter at the game then maybe football is not the best activity of choice. Possible consider taking the kids to Chester Zoo or packing up you flask and visiting a historical site perhaps?

I've never met or spoke with you Glenn and before the start of the season I wouldn't recognise you if I tripped over you. I do find this strange as I have been attending Rovers away games for circa 15 years, in Britain and in Europe and even the odd pre seaon tour, Portugal a few years back etc. You get to know the same faces by following the team for so long and there will always be the same lads that are there, Ewoods Blues to name one loyal band. Fair play for having a passion for the club and dedicating a lot of your personal time. I do feel though that you just love the press attention and seing your name in print and your voice on Radio Lancs. Perhaps if its getting to hot you may want to vacate the kitchen... just a thought.

As for the 'Derby Lads' and the bandwagon jumpers slagging them off. The two lads in question have also been following Rovers for many years home and away and talk of them being banned is a joke. They are more loyal and dedicated to watching the team than the vast magority of 'keyboard warriors' on hear who simply post lies and at best half truths.

Well this first post is sure to ruffle a few feathers... but as they say 'It's a mans game!'

Those chants aimed at mullan are understandable(and relatively tame), if he can't take a bit he shouldn't really have spent the last 12 months dishing it out!, i think there's a good argument that glen mullan/brags doings actually strengthened the owners resolve to keep kean on last season(even though they were meant with the best of intentions).

Can't agree with you there at all.

If we'd have all sat on our hands & said nothing, turned up like blind lemmings & followed the Venkys / Kean / Anderson debacle with no questions. Where would we be now? Rid of Kean? I think not.

I'm not a Glen Mullan luvvy, but I think he & the group should be thanked for their efforts in regaining some sense of fan worth & meaning at BRFC.

I witnessed first hand a totally unprovoked verbal & very ugly threats against Glen at Ipswich.

Should immature, drunken, morons of Derby who claim to be THE BIGGEST Rovers fans ever,be able to silence others because they have had a skin full?

I'd would cringe if was left to idiots like these to argue a case for our club on TV. If we think Merson is a dick - these are worse. They give Merson's words credibility.

I've never met or spoke with you Glenn and before the start of the season I wouldn't recognise you if I tripped over you. I do find this strange as I have been attending Rovers away games for circa 15 years, in Britain and in Europe and even the odd pre seaon tour, Portugal a few years back etc. You get to know the same faces by following the team for so long and there will always be the same lads that are there, Ewoods Blues to name one loyal band. Fair play for having a passion for the club and dedicating a lot of your personal time. I do feel though that you just love the press attention and seing your name in print and your voice on Radio Lancs. Perhaps if its getting to hot you may want to vacate the kitchen... just a thought.

I know Glenn about as well as you do. But I think you've got some incredible cheek having a little dig at him there. Great, you follow the team home and away, abroad, etc. Just because you don't personally know Glenn by now doesn't mean A) that he doesn't go or B) That even if he doesn't go many away games, it makes any difference. I've been to a fair few away games when I've been able to, and until I couldn't afford it anymore and lived away, I was a season ticket holder. But you don't know me. There's thousands of other fans you don't know, your commitment isn't higher than theirs because of this.

But more to the point...even if Glenn doesn't take in that many away games, when the club was in deep crap he knuckled down and DID something about it. I doubt very much that he simply saw an opportunity for some spotlight attention. What did you do?

Well well after reading these forums for a while I've realised that quite a lot of posters on here are a touch sensitive to anyone who possibly has a few too many ales and fancys a laugh with there pals on a Saturday afternoon/Wednesday night etc.

As for the above crying about rasist chants etc etc. Firsty I was there last night and didnt hear any of it... unless Etuhu coming by canoe is perceived as rasist?? I'm not condoing rasist chanting but come on chaps it's a football games, not a Sunday service. If your not a fan of or can handle those who enjoy a few beers and having a bit of banter at the game then maybe football is not the best activity of choice. Possible consider taking the kids to Chester Zoo or packing up you flask and visiting a historical site perhaps?

As for the 'Derby Lads' and the bandwagon jumpers slagging them off. The two lads in question have also been following Rovers for many years home and away and talk of them being banned is a joke. They are more loyal and dedicated to watching the team than the vast magority of 'keyboard warriors' on hear who simply post lies and at best half truths.

Well this first post is sure to ruffle a few feathers... but as they say 'It's a mans game!'

hahaha.

what an neanderthal, funny though and it is healthy to hear the perspective views of all kinds of rovers fans(although this one sounds like he needs to lay off the marching powder).

Firstly I have been going rovers 30 years , and all supporters are equal

The committee I'm on has 200 years rovers following between them, yet not one of us knew any of the others prior to us being elected by our group members .

Violence , threats if you condone them , says more about you than those who condemn them.

The derby lads don't do home games , just away . This I'm a bigger fan than you bullshit is exactly that .

Radio or press as you say , yeh really we started a supporters group and protest to get famous . We knew protest would last for nearly a year , and we would be rich and famous .

Sadly know one expected protest to last more than a week , but it is what it is .

I like many posters on this board was there when we was not very good , pre walker n all that .

However it's my belief and the belief of those who are in our group that all supporters are equal , regardless of location , match history , age , sex, bank balance or lifestyle .

Many of the trouble in the stands or indeed on social network sites , revolves around certain people not thinking supporters are equal , but that they themselves are better than anyone else .

So I applaud your dedication to going every away game for 15 years , but this by no means makes you a better supporter than anyone else .

We have now opened up a direct chain of communication to India , where the concerns of many a supporter and truth is now being told . Did we do this to be famous ?

No

We did it because we care

If you did know me , you would probably have known before all this happened , I was quiet , liked to be that way and rather a private person . However I was not gonna just sit back whilst our club burnt to the ground around us .

Arte Et Bore, on 05 October 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:Well well after reading these forums for a while I've realised that quite a lot of posters on here are a touch sensitive to anyone who possibly has a few too many ales and fancys a laugh with there pals on a Saturday afternoon/Wednesday night etc.As for the above crying about rasist chants etc etc. Firsty I was there last night and didnt hear any of it... unless Etuhu coming by canoe is perceived as rasist?? I'm not condoing rasist chanting but come on chaps it's a football games, not a Sunday service. If your not a fan of or can handle those who enjoy a few beers and having a bit of banter at the game then maybe football is not the best activity of choice. Possible consider taking the kids to Chester Zoo or packing up you flask and visiting a historical site perhaps? I've never met or spoke with you Glenn and before the start of the season I wouldn't recognise you if I tripped over you. I do find this strange as I have been attending Rovers away games for circa 15 years, in Britain and in Europe and even the odd pre seaon tour, Portugal a few years back etc. You get to know the same faces by following the team for so long and there will always be the same lads that are there, Ewoods Blues to name one loyal band. Fair play for having a passion for the club and dedicating a lot of your personal time. I do feel though that you just love the press attention and seing your name in print and your voice on Radio Lancs. Perhaps if its getting to hot you may want to vacate the kitchen... just a thought.As for the 'Derby Lads' and the bandwagon jumpers slagging them off. The two lads in question have also been following Rovers for many years home and away and talk of them being banned is a joke. They are more loyal and dedicated to watching the team than the vast magority of 'keyboard warriors' on hear who simply post lies and at best half truths.Well this first post is sure to ruffle a few feathers... but as they say 'It's a mans game!'

Firstly I have been going rovers 30 years , and all supporters are equal

The committee I'm on has 200 years rovers following between them, yet not one of us knew any of the others prior to us being elected by our group members .

Violence , threats if you condone them , says more about you than those who condemn them.

The derby lads don't do home games , just away . This I'm a bigger fan than you bullshit is exactly that .

Radio or press as you say , yeh really we started a supporters group and protest to get famous . We knew protest would last for nearly a year , and we would be rich and famous .

Sadly know one expected protest to last more than a week , but it is what it is .

I like many posters on this board was there when we was not very good , pre walker n all that .

However it's my belief and the belief of those who are in our group that all supporters are equal , regardless of location , match history , age , sex, bank balance or lifestyle .

Many of the trouble in the stands or indeed on social network sites , revolves around certain people not thinking supporters are equal , but that they themselves are better than anyone else .

So I applaud your dedication to going every away game for 15 years , but this by no means makes you a better supporter than anyone else .

We have now opened up a direct chain of communication to India , where the concerns of many a supporter and truth is now being told . Did we do this to be famous ?

No

We did it because we care

If you did know me , you would probably have known before all this happened , I was quiet , liked to be that way and rather a private person . However I was not gonna just sit back whilst our club burnt to the ground around us .

Ignore him Glen, Arte et BORE sums this poster up to a tee, my 1st game was in 1965 and I know I have never met the bore

I'm not condoing rasist chanting but come on chaps it's a football games, not a Sunday service. If your not a fan of or can handle those who enjoy a few beers and having a bit of banter at the game then maybe football is not the best activity of choice. Possible consider taking the kids to Chester Zoo or packing up you flask and visiting a historical site perhaps?

If it's about having a drink and a laugh with your mates then why don't you stay in the pub instead of bringing your boorish behaviour to a football match. If you hadn't noticed there are many families who go to football matches who have to listen to the nonsense the likes of you spout in the name of having a laugh (and 'banter' as you call it). I will guarantee that the vast majority of people don't find your 'banter' funny. And I'd wager that you are in a gang of like minded people, strength in numbers eh pal?

Don't try and justify being a thug on here because that's clearly what you are. I just hope one day you pick a fight with the wrong person and you end up getting the hiding of your life but that probably won't happen as I bet you target the more feeble when you're enjoying your ''banter''.

I was there at Forest and frankly I wasnt surprised at the small moronic group shouting their idiotic vitriol. The word moron is perhaps not appropriate for some of them who were sat to my left behind the goal.

Anyhow Glenn, Philip and co each have my respect for their efforts for THEIR club. There are far too many to mention and O dont know each and everyone of them but you all have my support.

For the moronic few, and you are few. I best describe you all as nobodies because of the way you behave with each other epitomises the level of childhood that you are all at, and that includes the elderly amongst you. Rounding on fans in your little mob is about as good as it gets for you because one to one you are incapable of putting two words together and you lack the common trait of decency and respect where others are concerned.

As for the game, a nice opening 20 minutes of controlled football followed by utter rubbish. Granted, the defence finally learned what defending is all about BUT the team lacked direct leadership and creativity through the middle. Sort that bit out and we are unstoppable in this league.

Arte....There is nothing sensible about supporting stupidity.

isn't that what supporting Rovers is these days :huh:

Too true, theres a lot of sanctimonious nonsense on these boards condemning laddish behaviour and blowing the odd isolated incident out of all proportion. Sure there's a few lads who have a few beers and have some banter, nothing wrong with that and its usually well spirited and causes no trouble. Whenever i take mates who support other teams into our away end they comment how timid our fans are. Some people need to get some perspective and get out more.

btw don't agree with the comments about Glen M. As far as I can tell he has done a lot for the fans and doesn't deserve to be threatened or sung about by fellow supporters. That really is not on...

Was wondering how long it would be until the word banter got mentioned. And laddish behaviour.

Whenever i take mates who support other teams into our away end they comment how timid our fans are.

Sounds like insecurity in the manly stakes to me. Obviously a little bit of racism can combat that. What were we thinking trying to cut down on such things? Do carry on.

isn't that what supporting Rovers is these days :huh:

Too true, theres a lot of sanctimonious nonsense on these boards condemning laddish behaviour and blowing the odd isolated incident out of all proportion. Sure there's a few lads who have a few beers and have some banter, nothing wrong with that and its usually well spirited and causes no trouble. Whenever i take mates who support other teams into our away end they comment how timid our fans are. Some people need to get some perspective and get out more.

btw don't agree with the comments about Glen M. As far as I can tell he has done a lot for the fans and doesn't deserve to be threatened or sung about by fellow supporters. That really is not on...

Its not about getting out more, its about some numptys threatening their own fans at away games, not only that, but threatening people who have brought about change and helped get rid of Kean!

Anyone who witnessed the embarrassment out in Germany with a small section of our fans fighting amongst themselves will understand its not very productive at all!

It smells to me of jealousy, I get the feeling some people have had their noses put out of place, Glen has stolen the limelight, typical small town, small minded mentality, grow the **** up.

Its not about getting out more, its about some numptys threatening their own fans at away games, not only that, but threatening people who have brought about change and helped get rid of Kean!

Anyone who witnessed the embarrassment out in Germany with a small section of our fans fighting amongst themselves will understand its not very productive at all!

It smells to me of jealousy, I get the feeling some people have had their noses put out of place, Glen has stolen the limelight, typical small town, small minded mentality, grow the **** up.

You're kind of agreeing with the last sentence I wrote about attacking your own fans. It is stupid and embarrassing, no question. I agree with your last point too btw

Archived